Official Pile on topspin day

here we go boys and girls.. we are in recession now
AP: President Bush's top economic adviser says economic growth may be negative for the current quarter.

That's simply can't be. Topspin said just a month ago that there were more people than ever going out to restaurants.

Is this guy monitoring the restaurants? That's the real economic gauge...

they shouldn't have been in the championship game this past year.

Does a little ten or puss ten team EVER deserve to be in the title game?

How over rated do we have to see teams like Michigan (which is obviously superior to ohio state) and Wisconsin and Penn St... not to mention the idiots that give us wonder kids like Clarett... each and every year? Put any of those pansies in the SEC and they get kicked.

.... and don't get me started on the girlscouts in the pac 10.

Does a little ten or puss ten team EVER deserve to be in the title game?

How over rated do we have to see teams like Michigan (which is obviously superior to ohio state) and Wisconsin and Penn St... not to mention the idiots that give us wonder kids like Clarett... each and every year? Put any of those pansies in the SEC and they get kicked.

.... and don't get me started on the girlscouts in the pac 10.

It seems someone wants to spend the night in the hospital!

We will continue seeing weakness through the second quarter. Then things will start looking brighter. The lawsuits have begun.... usually a pretty good indicator that the bulk of the bad news has hit the market. Much has already been priced in. All we are waiting on now are the exact damages.

My guess is that we will see first quarter GDP reporting negative. Second slightly positive initial report. Third and fourth growing. Sometime after the election we will get revisions to fourth quarter 2007 and second quarter 2008 showing they were also negative.

Payrolls shrank by 63,000 in Feb:shock:
Supertools 70% recession chance may even be low.
Mr glassoverflowing topspin was wrong you guys are right.
WE ARE IN RECESSION!!!

UNCLE:cool:

Economy is doing great :clink:

why don't ya go bowling or something else to get out of the trailer.

We will continue seeing weakness through the second quarter. Then things will start looking brighter. The lawsuits have begun.... usually a pretty good indicator that the bulk of the bad news has hit the market. Much has already been priced in. All we are waiting on now are the exact damages.

My guess is that we will see first quarter GDP reporting negative. Second slightly positive initial report. Third and fourth growing. Sometime after the election we will get revisions to fourth quarter 2007 and second quarter 2008 showing they were also negative.

Sure we are almost 1/2 way thru the junk mortgage adjustments and such.
and as spinner sez, oil isn't going to get cheaper. Unless no one can truely afford to buy it.

and as spinner sez, oil isn't going to get cheaper. Unless no one can truely afford to buy it.

it will if we can ever get around to using solar, wind, and wave to power our shit. then all the middle east will have is a desert with a bunch of melted dinosaurs.

The first big batch of resets was last year, the second occured in Jan/Feb this year.... the last apparent batch will be around May... but most of that is well known and unless the default/foreclosure rates change dramatically, most of those have been priced into the market.

The bigger threat right now is the ever collapsing dollar and the inflation associated with it. But why worry about that?

Lets just focus on how to bail out the financial sector and the morons who bought more home than they could afford. That way we bail them out in time to get hosed over with the rest of us.

smart people make money in down markets, and it's not a business party till supertool arrives.
I noticed wussonroids lorax still has zero to offer.:readit:

smart people make money in down markets, and it's not a business party till supertool arrives.
I noticed wussonroids lorax still has zero to offer.:readit:

True, very rarely is everything going down at once....

Grain, Gold, Gas.... good places to be right now.

(I use DBA, GLD/GTU, UNG)

If you want a mix of gold/silver bullion.... CEF is a good bullion fund.

For those who have extreme convictions on which way gold is going.....

Power shares has to new Duetsche bank funds....

DGP... Gold double long
DZZ... Gold double short

They just opened this week.... just be careful if you are thinking about these, they will be volatile as hell. :burn:

As always.... make sure these fit your individual needs prior to investing... if ya aren't sure, consult an advisor.

I'm watching a couple commoditiy etf's and will stick a toe in next time they plummet.

DBA is pure futures contracts on the grains. A more conservative way to play.

Obviously check to see what the ETF holds and especially whether or not it is currently using leverage. You do not want leverage right now as most have been using auction rate securities to fund the leveraging.

For those who have extreme convictions on which way gold is going.....

Power shares has to new Duetsche bank funds....

DGP... Gold double long
DZZ... Gold double short

They just opened this week.... just be careful if you are thinking about these, they will be volatile as hell. :burn:

As always.... make sure these fit your individual needs prior to investing... if ya aren't sure, consult an advisor.
I'll have to look at them. Why would anybody try to short Gold right now? The feeble reaction of the FED towards the current problems leads me to believe that long is by far the better option.

I'm looking at DJP and RJA and will prob go with the RJA since it's all agriculture. I already of course have huge exposure to the most precious of commodities.

I am not seeing holding information on RJA.... haven't tracked that one... you have any idea what it holds? Is it stocks like ADM, VSE, MON etc??? or does it invest in futures contracts on the aggs?

Back