Official Pile on topspin day

ill take the check. government service is not being done properly and i want my money back. Ill stick the money into my kids college fund.

bush spent all the money there is none left. so borrowing money to give you a check back from china is like going into overdraft protection.

A. I don't have any kids.

B. All my relatives in Ohio have jobs (or live in retirment homes).

Rebate checks and free trade are two different things. The rebate check is stupid. It's horrible policy.

Free trade helps allocate capital to where it is most efficient and thus helps bring about higher economic standards for all involved.

Protectionism isn't going to save the people in Ohio their jobs.

then why is NAFTA and free trade the dominant issue of 8/10 ohioans. and im glad your family has jobs, but do they work in that sector?

bush spent all the money there is none left. so borrowing money to give you a check back from china is like going into overdraft protection.

we have cut our debt to china in half in less then like 2 years.. by devaluing the dollar 50%.

I will def take my check and my wife's check.
I didn't get close to what I wanted for my $30,000.

then why is NAFTA and free trade the dominant issue of 8/10 ohioans. and im glad your family has jobs, but do they work in that sector?

No, they don't work in manufactoring. But no free trade wouldn't save the manufactoring jobs in Ohio.

I was born in Ohio. To me Ohio is the center of the universe. It is the best state in the Union (of course I say that while living in California). So I'm not coming from a position 'ohio must suffer so we can have free trade'. Industries change and Ohio will change with it.

Payrolls shrank by 63,000 in Feb:shock:
Supertools 70% recession chance may even be low.
Mr glassoverflowing topspin was wrong you guys are right.
WE ARE IN RECESSION!!!

UNCLE:cool:

This is possibly the most senseable thing you have ever said.

So tops...if we're in a recession, when is the recovery?

I've got an idea; why don't you wait for the 1st quarter of postive growth afterwards, and then come on here and "predict" a recovery?

Vast economic skills! We're in awe, tops....

The truth is the past 25 years we've only been in Reccession 5% of the time thanks to Reagan, Clinton and Greenspan.

cawacko you toe fu eating trojan poser.
I have a son with a ring from the crystal ball championship, one who's a college all american wresler. That's good enough for me, oh yeah our school is the only ONE with two crystal championship trophies.

LOREXthewuss
here's what I'll predict and I challenge you to match my past predictions specifically against yours. I'm going with apple, HME, and PCL.
NOw you can check my specific predictions last year on apple, china fxi, chevron if you like. I'm positive you don't have any on reconrd. Why cause your a classic wuss, you piss and moan about other peoples predictions but are afraid to make your own.

here we go boys and girls.. we are in recession now
AP: President Bush's top economic adviser says economic growth may be negative for the current quarter.

Economy will see negative growth - Bush advisor
President's top economic advisor, Edward Lazear, says economic growth will be negative in the current quarter.
EMAIL * PRINT * digg DIGG * RSS RSS
Subscribe to Economy
google my aol my msn my yahoo! netvibes
feed://rss.cnn.com/rss/money_news_economy.rss
Paste this link into your favorite RSS desktop reader
See all CNNMoney.com RSS FEEDS (close)
March 7, 2008: 12:57 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush's top economic adviser says it's possible that the nation's economic growth will be negative for the current quarter.

Edward Lazear, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, told reporters at the White House on Friday that the president's team has definitely downgraded the forecast for this quarter.

His assessment tracks with most economic analysts but is the most pessimistic forecast heard out of the White House. Lazear says the White House predicts that jobs numbers will pick up by summer. He would not discuss whether the White House is predicting that the economy will actually fall into a recession. Some economists think it already has.

Back