Oil Hypocrites on Capitol Hill

Sure, but we could probably handle that demand ourselves. In the meantime we could continue to search for renewable sources for that process as well.

Oh yeah getting on the alternative and renewable bandwagon fast and hard is the only way to go.

Its kinda like suicide. Yeah it ends the problem at the momment but you lose everything that is good about life.

Its a short sighted solution and ignores what is truely important about life and its whole purpose.

And it ignores quality of life for future generations.

P.S.
I like the peak oil theory and I read the book. Did you?

It was written by an investment banker.

See don't believe everything you read.

Brazil just discovered Billions of bbls as did Chevron.
But again simpleton, thanks for the high price and continuing to pay it.:clink:

And we are just supposed to believe them ?

Wasn't Chevrons in the deep gulf and never been drilled before ? Just how did they discover it if they have never drilled it ?

See don't believe everything you read.

Brazil just discovered Billions of bbls as did Chevron.
But again simpleton, thanks for the high price and continuing to pay it.:clink:

You are living proof that you can't expect to have a conversation with a dummy.

http://www.peakoil.com/

How do you know how much oil is left?

What research can you point to that suggest oil is an infinite resource?

P.S.
I like the peak oil theory and I read the book. Did you?

It was written by an investment banker.

The ONE book on peak oil was written by a banker ??? :eek:

Amazon.com: ""PEAK OIL" BOOKS"

http://www.grinningplanet.com/environmental-books/peak-oil-books.htm

Threre are about a thousand books on peak oil and about a thousand studies .. not written by bankers.

Next you'll tell me the ONE book written about climate change was written by a stock broker.

Damn you're stupid.

Last edited:
Right. And that's the primary reason behind the Saudis' refusal to increase their oil production when Bush asked last week. I've been trying to remember what the estimate was for the number of years remaining for their supplies based on different rates of production.

We are, and should be, looking at several sources of alternative energy; why should we use only one to replace oil?

Our consumption patterns and habits also have to change. The new light bulbs are a beginning and I expect that even better products are on the horizon. When an appliance needs replacing we've purchased those with Energy Star ratings, replaced toilet tank innards with more efficient systems, and will be replacing our hot water heaters shortly (it's time) with the tankless variety. We've always been pretty conscious about consumption but are trying to find more ways to cut down on our energy usage. The two -- energy availability and consumption -- must both be addressed.

Well said.

the most famous one in business circles is twighlight in the desert

that's a garbage link you posted, it's comincal are you telling me it says how many barrells left. LOFL
USGED your joking about the discoveries, even you aren't that ignorant.

I would point out that contrary to what the media would have you believe, we are not running out of oil. While the age of easily accessable and relatively cheap oil is marching off into the sunset, the planet still has massive reserves of unconventional oil.

For example, estimates are that the tar sands of Alberta, Canada hold equivalent barrels to the reserves of Saudi Arabia. Here in the states we have what is known as the Green River shale formation. Estimates are it holds somewhere on the order of 1.8 to 2 billion equivalent barrels of oil. The problem with tar sand production is it is highly energy and resource intensive, using massive quantities of natural gas and water. Meanwhile, economical oil shale production has still yet to be perfected.

That's not even mentioning new finds like the potentially multi-billion barrel field off the coast of Brazil, mind you. Though the initial test well cost over $290 million and ran down five miles, there's still oil to be had. For a price.

the most famous one in business circles is twighlight in the desert

that's a garbage link you posted, it's comincal are you telling me it says how many barrells left. LOFL
USGED your joking about the discoveries, even you aren't that ignorant.

and how much oil has that deep gulf "discovery" produced ? As I recall new tech was going to have to be developed to get at it. If no oil is pumped yet from a "discovery" How do we know it is there ?

the same way that the asshole was sure about al capones vault ?

god your are that ignorant, billions of barrells have been pumped from DEEP Gulf of mexico wells you old geezer.

Oil will always be handy for petrochemicals and such if not for our vehicles and home heating and such.

You are smarter and more knowledgable than me on the subject but it does bring to mind a conversation I had with my electrician (brilliant) father in law.

I said that the we needed to improve the battery to be able to make real the electric car dream. He said it was impossible and that is had been reduced to its smallest possible size. About a year later I read a story where they have improved the battery to be a flat sheet of plyable material as large as someone could make it.

Cars will probably be construted with batteries all over the interior of the body.

You never know what breakthroughs come at what times. With technoolgy as it is they will become exponetial. We will be having quality of life decisions all the time in the future.

but in that new area that was publicised ?
You will have to answer this question or eat crow dude.

Not much from the most recent find. They just found it at the end of last year. Their test drill is able to produce, but just small quatities.

Brazil (not to mention private companies) does currently produce from other deep water sites. Just not anything that is currently below the salt layer. (which adds about another 13-15k feet)

from topper regarding the Brazil find.

deepwater projects can take ten years to bring the production on
it will have zero immediate impact on prices.
I heard yestarday that when oil hits 100 the traders will dump it sending the price down temporarily. There are tons of 100 call options with a strike price of 100.
Then also there are many contracts out in late 2008 with $200 dec strike prices.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=6557&highlight=gulf+oil+discovery

seems like the price will rise to meet the contracts....

You are smarter and more knowledgable than me on the subject but it does bring to mind a conversation I had with my electrician (brilliant) father in law.

I said that the we needed to improve the battery to be able to make real the electric car dream. He said it was impossible and that is had been reduced to its smallest possible size. About a year later I read a story where they have improved the battery to be a flat sheet of plyable material as large as someone could make it.

Cars will probably be construted with batteries all over the interior of the body.

You never know what breakthroughs come at what times. With technoolgy as it is they will become exponetial. We will be having quality of life decisions all the time in the future.

I am also not an expert in this field, but from what I have read, I think the fuel cell will be along sooner and more economically viable than the electric car.

In the meantime, we should push for an end to grain based ethanol production and shift to cellulosic production.

Use solar to begin replacing other electricity production for our businesses and homes. Use wind/hydro/geothermal to supplement where applicable.

But we should also tap into the gulf and ANWAR.

The new area that Brazil and Chevron announced discoveries on WERE DRILLED and did have oil. LOL

Idjit you still did not answer the question about the new deep water area of the gulf where a "find" was touted.

Crow tastin good dude ?

usged what do you think find means,
find or discovery means they drilled a well and there were hydrocarbons present

Back