OMFG... I Am Kin To Obama!!!!!

I swear, this is no joke. My sister has the VIP deal with Ancestry.com and she has been researching our family for the past several years. Yesterday, she texts me this message: We are kin to Obama! LOL

I talked with her briefly later on the phone, and she didn't have time to give me all the details, but I think she said it is through his mother's side, her aunt was my great aunt's daughter. I think that makes us cousins.

Anyway, I knew the pinheads would all get a kick out of this. :D

....Hey Cuz... where is MY check???

I swear, this is no joke. My sister has the VIP deal with Ancestry.com and she has been researching our family for the past several years. Yesterday, she texts me this message: We are kin to Obama! LOL

I talked with her briefly later on the phone, and she didn't have time to give me all the details, but I think she said it is through his mother's side, her aunt was my great aunt's daughter. I think that makes us cousins.

You kidding? His Grandmother still is an illegal immigrant and you think you get a check?

Your check? I'm trying to be hopeful that you aren't making a terrible reparations joke.

No, I hadn't thought about reparations....hmmmm... I am 1/16 black....

Actually, I just thought, since my cousin is the president, and he seems to like sending out big checks.... ya know? But I may have to check into the reparations thing, that may be my new retirement plan!

What's funny is, I am not related to Obama through my African-American roots or his, nor are we related through our European ancestry, it is our common Cherokee bond which connects us.

I'm convinced my ancestors were horndogs.... just did it with anyone... so there is really no telling what all kinds of blood I have in my veins. There are a couple of other interesting family connections as well. Lucille Ball's grandmother and my great-grandmother, were first cousins. We are also related to Emily Dickinson, but I don't recall the connection, it was distant.

So now you can say the N word as often as any black comedian or rapper and no one can call you racist for doing so.

Yeah well most families have a black sheep side and their descendants.
Guess which side I think you are on?

I am from the planet greeblepop and have no relatives on this insignificant planet.
I only have 5 more years to serve for my punishment though.

Don't feel bad. I'm a shirt tail relative to William Howard Taft.

Back