On April 13th, I am going to try to upgrade to vbulletin 6...

Damocles

New Nicotine Free Version
Staff member
This will be an entirely new version of vbulletin and my current styles, etc. will not work with it. It also will have a reaction instead of thanks/groans...

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:
1. If you have someone on ignore and they react to your post you will not get a notification about it.
2. If you have someone on ignore and they quote your post you will not get a notification about it.
3. It works with the required European cookie notices, etc.
4. It is more secure.
5. It works with the latest versions of php and mysql, increasing speed and reliability as well as security.

Downsides...

1. Some of my modifications will not work, like the spam filter that stops bots from registering... I'll have to figure out a new way to do that.
2. Thanks/Groans become emoticon reactions.... but at least I can modify the emoticons...
3. My awesome green version isn't available... I'll have to see if I can recreate it. The CSS for this version simply doesn't work with the latest version of vbulletin.

This will be an entirely new version of vbulletin and my current styles, etc. will not work with it. It also will have a reaction instead of thanks/groans...

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:
1. If you have someone on ignore and they react to your post you will not get a notification about it.
2. If you have someone on ignore and they quote your post you will not get a notification about it.
4. It is more secure.
5. It works with the latest versions of php and mysql, increasing speed and reliability as well as security.

Downsides...

1. Some of my modifications will not work, like the spam filter that stops bots from registering... I'll have to figure out a new way to do that.
2. Thanks/Groans become emoticon reactions.... but at least I can modify the emoticons...
3. My awesome green version isn't available... I'll have to see if I can recreate it. The CSS for this version simply doesn't work with the latest version of vbulletin.

Thank you.

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:
4. It is more secure.

Downsides...

I still believe that Vbulletin is the best format out there.

I've seen versions that show a quoted post by someone on your ignore list, (same ignore notification that we now get) but have a button to 'view post' right in that quote. You don't have to remove anyone from the ignore list if you happen to be curious.

There are rare moments when the most heinous racists and misogynists add quality content to a feelgood thread.

I still believe that Vbulletin is the best format out there.

I've seen versions that show a quoted post by someone on your ignore list, (same ignore notification that we now get) but have a button to 'view post' right in that quote. You don't have to remove anyone from the ignore list if you happen to be curious.

There are rare moments when the most heinous racists and misogynists add quality content to a feelgood thread.

I removed that link because I needed folks who were forced to ignore each other to have to work to stalk people.

I removed that link because I needed folks who were forced to ignore each other to have to work to stalk people.
With the new features, is it necessary to force people to ignore each other now? Or do these people wish to address each other and you won't allow it due to their childishness?

I used to find the 'view post' button helpful, but I'd rather have the other features that won't allow them to quote me.

Cooi! Can we vote on what reaction emoticons? What about the current emoticons, will they still be there? The notifications/ignore thing sounds excellent. Can the font face be made a bit darker for us visually-annoyed folks?

We ask so much and give so little. :laugh:

With the new features, is it necessary to force people to ignore each other now? Or do these people wish to address each other and you won't allow it due to their childishness?

I used to find the 'view post' button helpful, but I'd rather have the other features that won't allow them to quote me.

I'm hoping I don't have to use enforced ignore, as that is one of the modifications I made that will go the way of the Dodo Bird. I may have to see if I can write a new one... but the php and stuff they use is going to make it difficult. I'm an old man now, and coding is a young man's game.

Cooi! Can we vote on what reaction emoticons? What about the current emoticons, will they still be there? The notifications/ignore thing sounds excellent. Can the font face be made a bit darker for us visually-annoyed folks?

To start they'll be what vbulletin has, then we can start a "suggestion" thread for emoticons. From what I've seen I can swap, add, subtract, etc. so we'll figure it out as we go.

There are quite a few styles already in the default load of the new vbulletin... Hopefully there will be one that will fit with what you like. I'm going to try to recreate the green one though, their "green" one is white with green headers... I do not like a white background, it hurts my eyes and I love green. I'll use the dark mode until then.

To start they'll be what vbulletin has, then we can start a "suggestion" thread for emoticons. From what I've seen I can swap, add, subtract, etc. so we'll figure it out as we go.

There are quite a few styles already in the default load of the new vbulletin... Hopefully there will be one that will fit with what you like. I'm going to try to recreate the green one though, their "green" one is white with green headers... I do not like a white background, it hurts my eyes and I love green. I'll use the dark mode until then.

I use the grey/red here, but any dark mode will work.

Do you add your own emoticons or does it come with a package?

A smile, a wink, a facepalm, and a middle finger are all I'll be required.

I'm hoping I don't have to use enforced ignore, as that is one of the modifications I made that will go the way of the Dodo Bird. I may have to see if I can write a new one... but the php and stuff they use is going to make it difficult. I'm an old man now, and coding is a young man's game.

I could ask Mr. Owl to write it for you. But then there's the risk that he'll put the whole forum on forced ignore so I'll spend more time rubbing his feet and bringing him snacks. :rofl2:

I use the grey/red here, but any dark mode will work.

Do you add your own emoticons or does it come with a package?

It comes with a package, but I have the ability to change them. Hence my suggestion that we start a thread on it once everything has been upgraded and we see how it is working for us.

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:

lol....this will reduce my notifications by 90%....

Back