On April 13th, I am going to try to upgrade to vbulletin 6...

I hope the new version will not have the multi quote glitche.

Once I multi quote in a thread, it remains in every future quote in the same thread.

I never use it. Did you try to turn it off after use?

I use it rarely, typically to point out oddities in posts by the same member, or to address multiple similar posts in a discussion.

Once I use it, I have to delete those quotes from every post I make in the thread after.

If I post in another thread, I think it might stop.
So this is a typical multi quote post.

Let me see what happens if I just quote you in this thread

I use it rarely, typically to point out oddities in posts by the same member, or to address multiple similar posts in a discussion.

Once I use it, I have to delete those quotes from every post I make in the thread after.

If I post in another thread, I think it might stop.

LOL. You deleted the 'test' post, and when I quoted it the board went wonky. Because I exited the thread, the glitch didn't show up.

I'm testing the clicked quote + function.

I'm hoping I don't have to use enforced ignore, as that is one of the modifications I made that will go the way of the Dodo Bird. I may have to see if I can write a new one... but the php and stuff they use is going to make it difficult. I'm an old man now, and coding is a young man's game.

There is one advantage now, ChatGPT will write the php and Javascript for you. Every time I have to do anything in Python, I turn to ChatGPT to write it for me.

There is one advantage now, ChatGPT will write the php and Javascript for you. Every time I have to do anything in Python, I turn to ChatGPT to write it for me.

Nice... And truly awesome to tell you the truth. Writing a solid business email becomes easy with it. You don't just send what it writes, you tweak it a bit and make sure it is correct... but it is faster and gives you a good base to work from.

sorry, I have to.push this off by a week... the 20th... things have come up.

I am working on this. First step is to get my server to upgrade the php... You'll know it happens as the site won't work anymore.

Now I have access to upgrade software on the server, I'll leave this going today... sometime early AM Mountain Time (probably around 6 AM Eastern) I will shut down the site and upgrade the database first... If that works and I can still access things I may just let it sit one more day after the database upgrade to the latest and greatest, or if I feel good about things I may see if I can begin the upgrade entirely.

If what I am doing to the database breaks things so that I cannot see them (unlikely, but clearly a small possibility)... Well, then we have a whole different mess on our hands and I'll have to fix everything... So, wish me luck. :D

Now I have access to upgrade software on the server, I'll leave this going today... sometime early AM Mountain Time (probably around 6 AM Eastern) I will shut down the site and upgrade the database first... If that works and I can still access things I may just let it sit one more day after the database upgrade to the latest and greatest, or if I feel good about things I may see if I can begin the upgrade entirely.

If what I am doing to the database breaks things so that I cannot see them (unlikely, but clearly a small possibility)... Well, then we have a whole different mess on our hands and I'll have to fix everything... So, wish me luck. :D

Good luck, I hope to see you on the other side.

princessbride.gif

Back