On April 13th, I am going to try to upgrade to vbulletin 6...

This will be an entirely new version of vbulletin and my current styles, etc. will not work with it. It also will have a reaction instead of thanks/groans...

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:
1. If you have someone on ignore and they react to your post you will not get a notification about it.
2. If you have someone on ignore and they quote your post you will not get a notification about it.
Good. Although I don't have anyone on ignore, the weak willies whining about someone pointing out the inanity of one of their posts is annoying.

This will be an entirely new version of vbulletin and my current styles, etc. will not work with it. It also will have a reaction instead of thanks/groans...

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:
1. If you have someone on ignore and they react to your post you will not get a notification about it.
2. If you have someone on ignore and they quote your post you will not get a notification about it.
3. It works with the required European cookie notices, etc.
4. It is more secure.
5. It works with the latest versions of php and mysql, increasing speed and reliability as well as security.

Downsides...

1. Some of my modifications will not work, like the spam filter that stops bots from registering... I'll have to figure out a new way to do that.
2. Thanks/Groans become emoticon reactions.... but at least I can modify the emoticons...
3. My awesome green version isn't available... I'll have to see if I can recreate it. The CSS for this version simply doesn't work with the latest version of vbulletin.
Will we lose the archives of JPP hate, stupidity, and fish stories I witnessed over these past 3 years?

I can't wait for the transition.

18 quoted posts this morning, with 12 of them from Into the Night.

Who has been on ignore for years.

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:
I suppose I should make sure I understand this.

Will they still show up on my list of who quoted me? Or will it just not notify me that someone quoted me?

I suppose I should make sure I understand this.

Will they still show up on my list of who quoted me? Or will it just not notify me that someone quoted me?

It appears you won't know it happened unless you run across the post while scrolling. I've seen this before. It's another reason why I never put others on ignore.

If I disappear,
it either means that I couldn't figure out the new format
or that I died.

No biggie either way, but I just wanted you to know.

It appears you won't know it happened unless you run across the post while scrolling. I've seen this before. It's another reason why I never put others on ignore.
That would be fine, as long as they don't show up on the list of people who quoted me.

That would be fine, as long as they don't show up on the list of people who quoted me.

That's the way it would work. You'd never know they wrote about you or quoted you unless you ran across their post while scrolling.

Bonuses in vbulletin 6:
3. It works with the required European cookie notices, etc.
4. It is more secure.
5. It works with the latest versions of php and mysql, increasing speed and reliability as well as security.

Downsides...

1. Some of my modifications will not work, like the spam filter that stops bots from registering... I'll have to figure out a new way to do that.
2. Thanks/Groans become emoticon reactions.... but at least I can modify the emoticons...
3. My awesome green version isn't available... I'll have to see if I can recreate it. The CSS for this version simply doesn't work with the latest version of vbulletin.

We all hate change!!!
Everyone will complain that it no longer works the way it used to.

Change is GOOD!!!
Once we are used to it, no one will remember the old way.

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. Hope it makes your life easier after the complaints die down.

I finally installed Windows 11 while it's still free.

This site seems to be working better, unless it's just a coincidence.

I can't wait for the transition.

18 quoted posts this morning, with 12 of them from Into the Night.

Who has been on ignore for years.
It'll definitely be a good change. It doesn't make sense to receive notifications re: people on one's ignore list.

I hope the new version will not have the multi quote glitche.

Once I multi quote in a thread, it remains in every future quote in the same thread.

I never use it. Did you try to turn it off after use?
I use it rarely, typically to point out oddities in posts by the same member, or to address multiple similar posts in a discussion.

Once I use it, I have to delete those quotes from every post I make in the thread after.

If I post in another thread, I think it might stop.

Back