Only racists defend Scott Adams.

The bewildering descent of Scott Adams and ‘Dilbert’

Adams’s polarizing opinions peeked into public view in a blog post from 2006 in which he questioned the death toll of the Holocaust to illustrate his belief that news stories lack context. In 2021, he turned to Twitter to defend actress Gina Carano, who was ousted from “The Mandalorian” for comparing being a Republican to being Jewish during the Holocaust: “Fired for making a Hitler analogy? Wouldn’t that employment standard make all of us unemployed?” Adams wrote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comics/2023/03/06/scott-adams-dilbert-cartoon-controversy/

In the 2020s, his political statements also started to focus more on race. At the beginning of 2022, he tweeted that he was “going to self-identify as a Black woman until Biden picks his Supreme Court nominee,” which the president had vowed would be a Black woman. And in June 2020, Adams tweeted that when the “Dilbert” TV show ended in 2000 after just two seasons, it was “the third job I lost for being white.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comics/2023/03/06/scott-adams-dilbert-cartoon-controversy/

Adams’s polarizing opinions peeked into public view in a blog post from 2006 in which he questioned the death toll of the Holocaust

That II didn't know

Adams’s polarizing opinions peeked into public view in a blog post from 2006 in which he questioned the death toll of the Holocaust

That II didn't know

Washington Post has been doing research into his history. He has been 'hiding' his Trump neo-nazi views. Dressed up as satire.

“Only the dying leftist Fake News industry canceled me (for out-of-context news of course),” Adams tweeted Thursday. “Social media and banking unaffected. Personal life improved. Never been more popular in my life. Zero pushback in person. Black and White conservatives solidly supporting me.”

“Only the dying leftist Fake News industry canceled me (for out-of-context news of course),” Adams tweeted Thursday. “Social media and banking unaffected. Personal life improved. Never been more popular in my life. Zero pushback in person. Black and White conservatives solidly supporting me.”

Out of context? He has been espousing horrible bigotry for years. He finally got called on it.

Only racists defend Scott Adams.

Ah, the good old guilt by association smear. This is nothing but a moralistic fallacy that attempts to force everyone to be against Scott Adams regardless of what they might be saying. It is nothing but another juvenile attempt to sway opinion to that of the person saying it. It is shameful that those making this sort of argument can't simply castigate Adams on the facts of what he said, versus having to resort to a logical fallacy to try and get results.

Ah, the good old guilt by association smear. This is nothing but a moralistic fallacy that attempts to force everyone to be against Scott Adams regardless of what they might be saying. It is nothing but another juvenile attempt to sway opinion to that of the person saying it. It is shameful that those making this sort of argument can't simply castigate Adams on the facts of what he said, versus having to resort to a logical fallacy to try and get results.

Feeling guilty?

It only has to do with what he said. You can share his bigotry and feel content if you choose. What he said is terrible. This is not result of cancel culture but because of overt and strong raciusm.

No one is talking about the goddamn comic. Clearly the issue is the racist comments of the cartoonist.

Meanwhile the cartoon is now missing from the morning paper for those who enjoyed it,
many of whom are presumably non-racists with no sympathy for the cartoonist's inane rants.

Back