Oprah SHOCKED! Royal Family concerned with 'color' of baby!!!

Yeah. I bet if a million Christians fled into Saudi Arabia there would be Culture Shock too. :)

Saudi Arabia does not claim to be a secular society based on the tenets of the western liberal enlightenment project.

Those claims belong to Europe and North America.

I think the Royal Family would have been very pleased to have a member with a darker skin . The young woman who married the descendant of the Queen. whatever they are called, looks much the same colour as the rest of them

It seems the Queen was kind to Meghan and she mentioned it. The Problem seems to be this 'Firm' (which most Americans, including me, are unfamiliar with) that lurks in the back and orchestrates the day-to-day 'Production' of 'The Royal Family'.

Maybe YOU could elaborate on this for the uneducated Americans here?

Saudi Arabia does not claim to be a secular society based on the tenets of the western liberal enlightenment project.

Those claims belong to Europe and North America.

Oh. Well I guess that's why they cut your head off for practicing Witchcraft. Thanks.

It seems the Queen was kind to Meghan and she mentioned it. The Problem seems to be this 'Firm' (which most Americans, including me, are unfamiliar with) that lurks in the back and orchestrates the day-to-day 'Production' of 'The Royal Family'.

Maybe YOU could elaborate on this for the uneducated Americans here?

'The Firm' means the Queen plus the innumerable family - hangers-on whose main function seems to be to open fetes and keep the tory newspapers busy on a dull day. As someone over here pointed out, you don't join the Mafia and expect it to change it rules to suit you, and The Firm is similar - it has its own ways of doing things, and if you want in on the act, you play by the rules. It involves, whatever the Americans think, an unbelievably boring and conventional life-style no-one not bound by an incredible sense of duty could tolerate. I very much doubt that it is particularly racist, however.

Last edited:
'The Firm' means the Queen plus the innumerable family - hangers-on whose main function seems to be to open fetes and keep the tory newspapers busy on a dull day. As someone over here pointed out, you don't join the Mafia and expect it to change it rules to suit you, and The Firm is similar - it has its own ways of doing things, and if you want in on the act, you play by the rules. It involves, whatever the Americans think, and unbelievably boring and conventional life-style no-one not bound by an incredible sense of duty could tolerate. I very much doubt that it is particularly racist, however.

OK. Thanks. Most Americans don't follow, and don't give a shit, about the Royal Family.
I talked to some British guy a long time ago about abolishing the Monarchy, and he told me it was a Money-Making Operation for the Tourists. I don't know if he was 'pulling my leg' or was being serious, but I believed him at the time.

Iolo: "it has its own ways of doing things, and if you want in on the act, you play by the rules. It involves, whatever the Americans think, and unbelievably boring and conventional life-style no-one not bound by an incredible sense of duty could tolerate".
Jack: That's the impression I got.

Iolo: "I very much doubt that it is particularly racist, however."
Jack: You guys have a 'Monarchy' ... you guys have a 'State Church' ... you guys are steeped in a 'Thousand Years of Tradition'. It would be surprising if 'Royal Britannia' WASN'T racist. (just trying to be pragmatic here)

OK. Thanks. Most Americans don't follow, and don't give a shit, about the Royal Family.
I talked to some British guy a long time ago about abolishing the Monarchy, and he told me it was a Money-Making Operation for the Tourists. I don't know if he was 'pulling my leg' or was being serious, but I believed him at the time.

Iolo: "it has its own ways of doing things, and if you want in on the act, you play by the rules. It involves, whatever the Americans think, and unbelievably boring and conventional life-style no-one not bound by an incredible sense of duty could tolerate".
Jack: That's the impression I got.

Iolo: "I very much doubt that it is particularly racist, however."
Jack: You guys have a 'Monarchy' ... you guys have a 'State Church' ... you guys are steeped in a 'Thousand Years of Tradition'. It would be surprising if 'Royal Britannia' WASN'T racist. (just trying to be pragmatic here)

A darker member of the family would be of very real benefit to The Firm. A Presidential system produces Trumps under modern conditions, whereas a monarch who keeps out of politics is an excellent Head of State (and much cheaper) who does, yes, bring in the foreign mugs. They are simple souls. In my Country a publican ,living in a boring little village way back made up a very long name for it, and the mugs are still pouring in to laugh at people with such names. It was Llanfair Pwllgweryll Llwyndrobwll, Llantisiliogogogoch. Write it all out as one word it looks ridiculous. You sing it in the pub and foreigners buy you beer. Nobody uses it of course. Tourism is a silly business really! :)

Last edited:
A darker member of the family would be of very real benefit to The Firm. A Presidential system produces Trumps under modern conditions, whereas a monarch who keeps out of politics is an excellent Head of State (and much cheaper) who does, yes, bring in the foreign mugs.

Appreciate the insight. Thanks.

Why does any American care about Harry or Megan?

Probably because they ended up HERE ... rather than THERE.
(You know, hot American babe marries Prince, run off to SoCal to 'Live Free' ... Good Bye Britain, Hello California) :)

It would be normal to ask if she knew what gender the baby was, and whether it was likely to be as tall, say, the Duke of Edinburgh or as short as the Queen. It seems to me only obsessive racists would see this as a racist question.

yeah, except the point is they questioned the color of the baby. did you read what the article said, or what?

yeah, except the point is they questioned the color of the baby. did you read what the article said, or what?

I just watched some woman from Essence Magazine say that 'every Black family has had a discussion about skin color' of children.
This is pretty common knowledge.
When Oprah appears 'SHOCKED', it only paints the Interview as a Clown Show.

"Essence
Magazine
essence.com
Essence is a monthly lifestyle magazine covering fashion, beauty, entertainment, and culture. First published in 1970, the magazine is written for African-American women.Wikipedia"

I just watched some woman from Essence Magazine say that 'every Black family has had a discussion about skin color' of children.
This is pretty common knowledge.
When Oprah appears 'SHOCKED', it only paints the Interview as a Clown Show.

"Essence
Magazine
essence.com
Essence is a monthly lifestyle magazine covering fashion, beauty, entertainment, and culture. First published in 1970, the magazine is written for African-American women.Wikipedia"

i think talking about it is different than being shocked by anyone in the Royal Family actually worried about what color their kid would be. Why are they so racist? kids are kids, no matter what color, just like people. meghan is black or half black or whatever, does anybody give a shit?

i think talking about it is different than being shocked by anyone in the Royal Family actually worried about what color their kid would be. Why are they so racist? kids are kids, no matter what color, just like people. meghan is black or half black or whatever, does anybody give a shit?

Oprah Windbag is Black. She is TOTALLY aware of 'skin tone' and 'skin color' in the Black community. So her Faux Outrage that this would be discussed is ... HILARIOUS!

No one in the Royal Family was 'shocked'. The only person 'shocked' was Oprah. A REAL Performer.

Oprah Windbag is Black. She is TOTALLY aware of 'skin tone' and 'skin color' in the Black community. So her Faux Outrage that this would be discussed is ... HILARIOUS!

No one in the Royal Family was 'shocked'. The only person 'shocked' was Oprah. A REAL Performer.

bullshit. you must be a racist moron to jump to that conclusion...SHE WAS SHOCKED A MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY IS SO RACIST EVEN TODAY. get over it.

You make a very good point....Children are not born racist...they learn from their families...their first teachers...

bullshit. you must be a racist moron to jump to that conclusion...SHE WAS SHOCKED A MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY IS SO RACIST EVEN TODAY. get over it.

:) Oprah 'Faux Outrage' Windbag, showed her acting skills as she was 'SHOCKED' over any mention of 'skin color'.

'Skin color' is talked about all the time in the Black community and no one is shocked about it. So, for Oprah to appear 'shocked' is laughable.
I would guess it was for her 'white' audience who would gasp ... and scream 'RACISM' ... like YOU.

And how does Meghan know this to be true?

Was there an incident where she heard someone say something like that!

I'm not sure the queen or her family would say anything like that- I've never heard of them being racist in any way!

Most Grandparents and Great Grandparents love their children's children and they don't care what color they are.

She heard it from Harry, or so she said during the interview. I never thought it was the Queen but did think it was Philip. He has a history of comments like that. My next candidate would be Princess Anne.

Back