Oregon Is Recriminalizing Drugs. Here’s What Portland Learned.

addiction becomes a much larger problem when you prevent addicts from seeing how far they have fallen

actual freedom requires personal responsibility. you can't have one and not the other.

these states allowed for individuals to make poor choices, but refused to expose people to the actual responsibilities for those poor choices.

You've never been around addicts I see.

You've never been around addicts I see.

you are sophomoric I see

some addicts would of not even become addicts if they weren't already given so much aid. addicts that decide to quit hit what they consider a basement. that basement would come faster without a social safety net

it's much easier to buy drugs when someone else is buying you food, or housing, and so on

you are sophomoric I see

some addicts would of not even become addicts if they weren't already given so much aid. addicts that decide to quit to hit what they consider a basement. that basement would come faster without a social safety net

it's much easier to buy drugs when someone else is buying you food, or housing, and so on

What I any of may not be is not an explanation for the huge gap in your knowledge of addictions. Nothing fascinates me more than hearing people talk about something which they have no clue.

What I any of may not be is not an explanation for the huge gap in your knowledge of addictions. Nothing fascinates me more than hearing people talk about something which they have no clue.

yeah. I think you over inflate your worth in these exchanges. comically so

Last edited:
So you know nothing but scream it out loud. What's the old saying, better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool....

hey retardo, I have been exposed to quite a bit of addiction.

your debate skills are pathetic. You didn't even try to argue a point, you just pretend to have awareness without showing any proof. fucking pathetic

the best way to help an addict is to practice tough love

and the best way to have citizens act responsible is to make them depend on each other in times of need, not depend on a state

A liberal state allowing people to use addictive substances, while also implementing a safety net to prevent anyone from being without needed essentials is a recipe for disaster

Yakuda is a dipshit. he probably things government social safety nets are ideal at practicing such tough love.

I'm forced to pay for other people all the time against my will

you claim forced charity doesn't exist, but my eyes say you are full of shit

Communism isn't charity. Communism is based on theft.
Charity is the voluntary donation of products, services, or currency.

There is no such thing as forced charity. Do not confuse communism with charity.

you are sophomoric I see

some addicts would of not even become addicts if they weren't already given so much aid. addicts that decide to quit hit what they consider a basement. that basement would come faster without a social safety net

A lot of these addicts are wandering the streets like living Zombies.
You think they care about food or shelter?

you are sophomoric I see

Addicts do not care how “easy” it is to feed their addiction. They will ALWAYS find a way.

I was last in Pottyland about 20 years ago. One would've had to be just plain stupid to buy a house in that area even back then.
I once had a bidness in a cesspool called New Orleans once upon a time only because that's where I grew up. Sometimes ya just gotta cut bait and move on.
I left in '91 thinking it couldn't get worse. It did. Much worse. It's just plain stupid to think dims are gonna actually make even a feeble attempt to improve their human sewers.
N.O has been solid Red for 14 years.

You think they made it better?

N.O has been solid Red for 14 years.

You think they made it better?

WHAT ??!! WTF are you talking about? They've never had a republican mayor in my entire life. And I can't think of one city council member that was a repub, ever.

Addicts do not care how “easy” it is to feed their addiction. They will ALWAYS find a way.

hence I was specifically talking about before they were addicts. reading is critical. (some addicts would of not even become addicts if they weren't already given so much aid.)

Also, as I pointed out, some addicts do quit - when they hit rock bottom. so you batted 0-2 in your reply

WHAT ??!! WTF are you talking about? They've never had a republican mayor in my entire life. And I can't think of one city council member that was a repub, ever.
I meant Louisiana. N.O.'s tourism probably brings in a ton of money to the state. Which has been run by Republicans for more than a decade.

I'm sure there is a stark division between the horribly poor, and very wealthy in N.O.

Be gentle with him. He's a self loathing, angry individual. Probably spent years addicted to drugs.

Before they were addicts, they were recreational drug users. I'm sure that's how Zymzym started. It has nothing to do with getting 'handouts'. It has to do with having a terrible relationship with your drug of choice.

I meant Louisiana.
N.O. and the rest of Louisiana have little in common . The politics is different, the dialect is different. The food in south Louisiana is about the only thing N.O. has in common with... south Louisiana. From about Baton Rouge on up north folks from there look down on N.O.
N.O.'s tourism probably brings in a ton of money to the state. Which has been run by Republicans for more than a decade.
I have NO IDEA what point you're trying to make, if any.
I'm sure there is a stark division between the horribly poor, and very wealthy in N.O.
Wouldn't that be true anywhere in the world?

Back