Our debt isn't actually increasing at all that crazy a rate

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
debtcur.gif

Obciously innacurate, because it doesn't take into account inflation. But this type of graph is the one most widely cited.

debtcon.gif

This is slightly more accurate, but just counting inflation in isn't the entire picture either. Wealth increases much faster than inflation because of technological advance.

debtgdp.gif

Debt compared to wealth is the most accurate figure.

You see... it's stayed pretty much flat, except for whenever a Republican got in office, whenever it went up slightly.

Don't tell me a million dollars a minute in deficit spending isn't all that bad...

Don't tell me a million dollars a minute in deficit spending isn't all that bad...

It's all relative. If there were 10000% inflation it would be meaningless. I'm saying that compared to our debt in the past modern debt is just what it's always been, compared to our total wealth.

No we are borrowing money, printing money, China holds major sway over our economy now, because we've had to sell them nearly a trillion dollars in T Bills, just the threat of them selling that can plummet the dollar, we saw this on a micro scale just a few months ago.

Nearly 40% of our national debt was incurred over the last 7 years, under Republican control.

But there was a hurricane and a terrorist attack!

$3.5 Trillion - Nearly a billion and a half per day more owed since W took office. But, he's the greatest leader ever!

democrats control congress and the debt skyrockets, Republicans control congress and you see the first dip since what 1980, until they faced terrorist attacks, war, nearly losing New Orleans.

Nearly 40% of our national debt was incurred over the last 7 years, under Republican control.

But there was a hurricane and a terrorist attack!

$3.5 Trillion - Nearly a billion and a half per day more owed since W took office. But, he's the greatest leader ever!

Yes Newt and the Republicans got the closest to balancing the budget, Tip and the Dims saw a skyrocketing deficit.

And yes in the past 6 years we've faced more than we've face in the past 20 combined, so yeah I'm sure spending rose to match the events. But Republicans are the only ones who speak of deficit spending and our outrageous debt, democrats only promise the moon, so give me a break.

democrats control congress and the debt skyrockets, Republicans control congress and you see the first dip since what 1980, until they faced terrorist attacks, war, nearly losing New Orleans.

Yeah, that's where the money went, rebuiding New Orleans and the war. That's where the $3,500,000,000,000.10 extra dollars went. Do you have an accounting of that Larry, or was this the headline in the Limbaugh Letter?

Negative. At best you could argue that divided government with Republicans in control of the White House and Republicans in control on Congress is best from a deficit perspective. Or you could simply argue that modern Republican presidents suck from a deficit perspective.

Yes Newt and the Republicans got the closest to balancing the budget, Tip and the Dims saw a skyrocketing deficit.

And yes in the past 6 years we've faced more than we've face in the past 20 combined, so yeah I'm sure spending rose to match the events. But Republicans are the only ones who speak of deficit spending and our outrageous debt, democrats only promise the moon, so give me a break.

Yes, the Democrats are bad, that's why I don't defend them. Republicans are bad too, that's why I don't defend them. I wish I knew your reasons, but you probably don't even know your own reasons for cheerleading this party that is dragging us to disaster hand in hand with the Democrats.

Back