Our debt isn't actually increasing at all that crazy a rate

die hard libertarian, at least I can point to well thought out positions on major topics in which I disagree with the party I mostly vote for. I don't think that makes me a partisan hack, but if I need to, in case some have short memories, I can link dozens of articles on the budget fights this year. Then laugh, fact is Bush broke out the veto pen effectively and thwarted General Pelosi, time and again on the budget. Call me what you will, Bush got his way on the war, on the level on spending the Federal government would allow, all while being constantly chided as a 'lame duck'

Disagreeing with the party on certain issues does not excuse your acting as if Bush has done anything remotely close to being fiscally responsible. Again, you act as though because he didn't spend everything the Dems wanted him to, that somehow equates to him doing a good job. He still increased our national debt significantly in 2007. You have yet to acknowledge his (and the Rep led Congress) complete failure at fiscal responsibility in the six years they had control. THAT is what makes you a partisan hack.

You are like the people that say if you adjust for inflation gas prices are at an all time low-- but it still costs me 40 bucks to fill my tank.

Gas prices are at an all time high adjusted to inflation. I've never heard anyone ever say that they're at an all time low, even adjusted to inflation.

And, obviously, if adjusted for inflation our prices were lower your 40 bucks to fill your tank wouldn't mean as much as what it cost to fill a tank in the past.

So you are going to ignore the fact that when the Reps were in charge he spent like a drunken liberal? You are going to act as though just because he is rejecting some Dem projects that the spending has somehow come under control? Give me a break. He will still outspend revenues by at least $200b this year. Yes, he may have cut some of their spending and not spent as much as he could have, but he still is a complete fiscal failure over his 7 years in office.

That would make his election year promise to cut the deficit in half. And during that period the nation faced some of the greatest challenges we have faced in some time. I don't support how much spending rose, but during times of crisis, we have to spend a little money. Overall though, we need to get the deficit to 0 and start to show our creditors we can pay off these debts without destroying the nation, democrats don't even acknowledge this, as foreign nations gain sway over the direction of our economy.

That would make his election year promise to cut the deficit in half. And during that period the nation faced some of the greatest challenges we have faced in some time. I don't support how much spending rose, but during times of crisis, we have to spend a little money. Overall though, we need to get the deficit to 0 and start to show our creditors we can pay off these debts without destroying the nation, democrats don't even acknowledge this, as foreign nations gain sway over the direction of our economy.

Two words.... pill bill.

Again.... any politician from either party that spouts off about having been fiscally responsible is full of shit. Just as their supporters are.

1960 was the last fiscal year the national debt was lowered year over year. So enough of the bullshit about the Reps "acknowledging" the problem. Who gives a fuck if they acknowledge the problem if they don't do anything to solve it.

Disagreeing with the party on certain issues does not excuse your acting as if Bush has done anything remotely close to being fiscally responsible. Again, you act as though because he didn't spend everything the Dems wanted him to, that somehow equates to him doing a good job. He still increased our national debt significantly in 2007. You have yet to acknowledge his (and the Rep led Congress) complete failure at fiscal responsibility in the six years they had control. THAT is what makes you a partisan hack.

It was a massive fight, with democrats wheeling out sick children on TV, a huge political gamble for a 'lame duck' but we are not giving welfare to people making 80,00 a year, and we got, all be it at the last second, a budget that was a lot less insane than what the democrats wanted. Politics is a game of compromise, there is no candidate that can wave a pen and fix problems, you tell me a way Bush could have trimmed 200 billion more off, please, and get it to pass congress? Tell me any President that could have with the fight it took just to get where we are. It takes fights like S Chip, showing the American people just what's wrong, and working the political spectrum to a point where elections aren't massive giveaway's, and the public understands the problem to the point it effects their voting.

It was a massive fight, with democrats wheeling out sick children on TV, a huge political gamble for a 'lame duck' but we are not giving welfare to people making 80,00 a year, and we got, all be it at the last second, a budget that was a lot less insane than what the democrats wanted. Politics is a game of compromise, there is no candidate that can wave a pen and fix problems, you tell me a way Bush could have trimmed 200 billion more off, please, and get it to pass congress? Tell me any President that could have with the fight it took just to get where we are. It takes fights like S Chip, showing the American people just what's wrong, and working the political spectrum to a point where elections aren't massive giveaway's, and the public understands the problem to the point it effects their voting.

Bullshit. Our politics is a sham to give the people the illusion of control while the people oppressing us all buy off all candidates and stage funny puppet shows on tv. Don't apologize for bush the shithead.

Two words.... pill bill.

Again.... any politician from either party that spouts off about having been fiscally responsible is full of shit. Just as their supporters are.

1960 was the last fiscal year the national debt was lowered year over year. So enough of the bullshit about the Reps "acknowledging" the problem. Who gives a fuck if they acknowledge the problem if they don't do anything to solve it.

They do, for petes sake Bush just took a summer trashing with Democrats wheeling out sick children, there are fights, but there are major barriers, and a culture in Washington brought about by this rancor partisanship that we basically play 51 / 49% victories, forcing entire parties to vote in unison. Republicans had to make many compromises to get anything done, and had they not voted together, their congress would have looked like the joke we saw last year in Congress.

They do, for petes sake Bush just took a summer trashing with Democrats wheeling out sick children, there are fights, but there are major barriers, and a culture in Washington brought about by this rancor partisanship that we basically play 51 / 49% victories, forcing entire parties to vote in unison. Republicans had to make many compromises to get anything done, and had they not voted together, their congress would have looked like the joke we saw last year in Congress.

Like I said... spoken like a true partisan hack. Excuse after excuse after excuse. Same bullshit the Dems pull out when taken to task for their failures this year.... oh, but we had to give in to the Reps because our majority wasn't REALLY a majority.

So it is your contention that Bush is fiscally conservative. Okay Larry, enjoy the view.

I never said he was a fiscal conservative, don't twist my words, I'm just saying he's the one standing up now, all be it kind a late, to reign in spending,

I never said he was a fiscal conservative, don't twist my words, I'm just saying he's the one standing up now, all be it kind a late, to reign in spending,

How would you classify him then Larry?

And good call on the McCain thing. You were right, I was wrong.

How would you classify him then Larry?

And good call on the McCain thing. You were right, I was wrong.

Certainly not fiscally Conservative, or he would have headed McCain's opinion and cut spending with those tax cuts.

Certainly not fiscally Conservative, or he would have headed McCain's opinion and cut spending with those tax cuts.

How do you reconcile the above with the below?

WRL
Well...the right is right Join Date: Nov 2007

" Bush the 'lame duck' President has been the one of the most effective in 30 + years of controlling congressional Democrats spending spree's, like welfare to people making 80,000 a year, the recent S CHIP fight."

He was not effective at all. Even factoring in the $1 trillion spent on the wars and Katrina he and Congress still over spent by almost $3 trillion dollars.

Superfreak
The Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRL
How do you reconcile the above with the below?

WRL
Well...the right is right Join Date: Nov 2007

" Bush the 'lame duck' President has been the one of the most effective in 30 + years of controlling congressional Democrats spending spree's, like welfare to people making 80,000 a year, the recent S CHIP fight."

He was not effective at all. Even factoring in the $1 trillion spent on the wars and Katrina he and Congress still over spent by almost $3 trillion dollars.

Moderation

Just Plain Politics! > Politics > Current Events

« Previous Thread * Next Thread »

Quick Reply

Options
Show your signatureQuote message in reply?