our prius was keyed

Well to be technical I'm saying that churches shouldn't have to CALL it marriage.

But honestly I could care less about this issue. I'm not gay, homophobic, or religious so it doesn't really matter to me personally what you force the fundies to put up with, I'm just saying that YOU are on morally shaky ground dictating the terms of their faith to them.

I know I hate drug dealers though.

I just like playing devil's advocate.

I don't think we should tell churches what they must and must not recognize as it pertains to marriage, but I support any legal agreement that would allow gay people to visit their partners in the hospital or share the same benefits as straight couples on things like taxes and insurance.

if you are talking about prop 8 in ca, all it does is require the state to recognize same sex marriages as legal marriages - it does not require that religious institutions perform same sex marriages or to even recognize them

in ca, marriage is a contract between the state and two people which the federal government (irs et al) is then required to recognize

marriages may be performed without a marriage license (within a religious institution), but such marriages are not recognized by the state

marriages may be performed by civil and religious people licensed by the state (i am licensed to perform marriages in both ca and hi)

oth, a rose is a rose is a rose and rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Back