Our world might be a simulation. Would that be so bad?

That's true. But what else do we have to go on?

Have you seen 'Free Guy'? (no, I won't post a Video)

"When a bank teller discovers he's actually a background player in an open-world video game, he decides to become the hero of his own story -- one that he can rewrite himself. In a world where there's no limits, he's determined to save the day his way before it's too late, and maybe find a little romance with the coder who conceived him."

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/free-guy-movie-review-2021

We always correct our perceptions. We see a cop car drive by and then notice it is just a black car.

Digital is not fake.

Didn't say that.

I said that a digitized or quantized fabric of reality is what you might expect to see if you thought we were in a computer simulation.

Virtually every one thought until 80 years ago that reality, the very fabric of the universe, was smooth and continuous, not fragmented and granular.

Didn't say that.

I said that a digitized or quantized fabric of reality is what you might expect to see if you thought we were in a computer simulation.

Virtually every one thought reality until 80 years ago that reality, the very fabric of the universe, was smooth and continuous, not fragmented and granular.

Hume conceived the digital world in 1739 with the Treatise on Human Nature.

Back