Owning guns is saving your life and property

Canceled2

Banned
The man, TC Lewis of Kirkland, told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News that he attempted to get the pit bulls away from his dog. But when one of the pit bulls attacked him, Lewis pulled out a gun and shot.

Lewis has a concealed weapons permit.

TACOMA, Wash. -- A Tacoma homeowner who caught two intruders breaking into his garage shot them, killing one early Monday morning, police said.

At about 6 a.m., police confirmed to KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Rick Price that a shooting erupted shortly before 5 a.m. between Fawcett Avenue and D Street off South 38th Street.

Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum told KIRO 7 a homeowner shot two men who were breaking into an attached garage at his home.

LAWRENCEVILLE
— The home intruder and would-be sexual assaulter fatally shot by his victim at her Duluth home Wednesday has a criminal history, police said as they try to piece together how the Alpharetta man chose his target.

Police announced Thursday that it was 34-year-old Israel Perez Puentes who broke into the home at 2844 E. Mount Tabor Circle, reportedly struggling with the 53-year-old female resident as she exited the shower.

Puentes allegedly forced the female into her bedroom at knifepoint, where it is believed he planned to sexually assault her, police said.

During the struggle, the victim was able to retrieve her .22-caliber handgun, shooting Puentes multiple times as he retreated and collapsed in the backyard. He later died at Gwinnett Medical Center, officials said.

On Wednesday, police spokesman Cpl. Edwin Ritter said Puentes’ death appeared to be a justifiable use of force. The victim, who has not been identified, is not expected to face criminal charges.

You can't believe anything cops say, can you? Just ask Smarter than Few.

The mass ownership of guns reflects either incredible naivety, irrational fear or totally broken society.

Blanket statements about ownership of guns?

Most of my guns are involved in some sort of hunting or sport shooting. The ones that don't fit that category are both fun and kept for the same reason I have several fire extinguishers in my house.

The mass ownership of guns reflects either incredible naivety, irrational fear or totally broken society.

Or it signifies a love of nature and an understanding that a ton of the money we spend to preserve nature comes from hunters. I guess it really depends on how you want to see things. Some people want to believe that they are superior in some way to others so they view everything that somebody else does that is different than what they do as a "flaw" and try to draw negative conclusions for every action they may take. Including something simple like owning a rifle or a handgun. Most people own these without incident, and without nefarious purpose or "fear" as a motivator.

Or it signifies a love of nature and an understanding that a ton of the money we spend to preserve nature comes from hunters. I guess it really depends on how you want to see things. Some people want to believe that they are superior in some way to others so they view everything that somebody else does that is different than what they do as a "flaw" and try to draw negative conclusions for every action they may take. Including something simple like owning a rifle or a handgun. Most people own these without incident, and without nefarious purpose or "fear" as a motivator.

That is as clear and concise an explanation as I have seen. Well said, Damo.

Blanket statements about ownership of guns?

Most of my guns are involved in some sort of hunting or sport shooting. The ones that don't fit that category are both fun and kept for the same reason I have several fire extinguishers in my house.

Never mind this gun nonsense.

Is it usual for the average American to have fire extinguishers in their house? I've never really thought about it before, but i don't think i've ever seen one in anybody's house over here.

A 15-year-old boy is dead after a gun accidentally discharged

http://www.krtv.com/news/butte-teen-dies-in-accidental-shooting/

He was exercising his love of nature....unless you think the gophers shot back.

The good news? His property is safe, presumably.

The bad news is, the kid was stupid with the gun. Follow the basic rules of using guns and this won't happen.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/gun_lake_region/Man_accidently_kills_wife_with_chainsaw

"OTSEGO, Mich. (WOOD) - Investigators say Deb Daniels was likely trying to help her husband roll a log out of the way when the chainsaw he was using accidentally cut her neck."

Do we ban chainsaws or do we expect people to use them safely?

Why do hoplophiles act all panicky just because someone posts a few facts about gun ownership and use?

Never mind this gun nonsense.

Is it usual for the average American to have fire extinguishers in their house? I've never really thought about it before, but i don't think i've ever seen one in anybody's house over here.

I have one in each vehicle and two for each floor of the house. Considering that a house can be fully involved and impossible to save in about 15 minutes after a fire starts and the fact that it takes the fire department about 25 minutes to respond in our area, it is pretty important to be prepared. As for the ones in my vehicles.... I have put out three car fires on the way to work in the past three years. (A gallon of milk works as well, but it smells badly. I used one at the gas station I used to work at to put out an idiot's car who drove into our station when his car caught fire. Good plan there, what? Car on fire, what do you do? Go to the Gas Station!)

But then I have been a volunteer on the fire department... and believe in preparation.

I have one in each vehicle and two for each floor of the house. Considering that a house can be fully involved and impossible to save in about 15 minutes after a fire starts and the fact that it takes the fire department about 25 minutes to respond in our area, it is pretty important to be prepared. As for the ones in my vehicles.... I have put out three car fires on the way to work in the past three years. (A gallon of milk works as well, but it smells badly. I used one at the gas station I used to work at to put out an idiot's car who drove into our station when his car caught fire. Good plan there, what? Car on fire, what do you do? Go to the Gas Station!)

But then I have been a volunteer on the fire department... and believe in preparation.

"Good plan there, what? Car on fire, what do you do? Go to the Gas Station!"

Best post of the day.

I see no panick at all. I see people responding to trolling & bullshit.

I see someone who was so "excited" he couldn't spell 'panic' correctly when he reflexively responded to a linked list of news stories, which is hardly 'bullshit'.

Was IceDancer (AKA web-wife Ms Damn Stankee) trolling or posting bullshit in the OP?

Are you frothing at the mouth, by any chance?

As a self-proclaimed expert, can you compare the frequency and severity of vehicle fires vs shooting deaths and injuries? I'm assuming that you're prepared.

Back