Partisan Summer Camp? Would you send your kids?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
What the heck? Would you send your kids to a republican/democrat/libertarian/communist party summer camp?

Who has even heard of these?

While hearing about the horrific tragedy in Norway, I couldn't help but realize that these kids went to a summer camp for a specific political party. Who here would send their kids to indoctrination camp?

I would if my kid wanted to go. Each time I've sent my kids to camp was because of their choice over another one or not going at all.

I would if my kid wanted to go. Each time I've sent my kids to camp was because of their choice over another one or not going at all.

Whoops.

There went that attempt to blame the victims.

Better dance some more, Dalai Damocles.

trolldance200op2.gif

That makes some sense, if they ask. What if they asked to go to Democratic Party Camp?

Personally I just have a problem with the whole idea of sending kids to an indoctrination camp, even if they want to go.

What the heck? Would you send your kids to a republican/democrat/libertarian/communist party summer camp?

Who has even heard of these?

While hearing about the horrific tragedy in Norway, I couldn't help but realize that these kids went to a summer camp for a specific political party. Who here would send their kids to indoctrination camp?

No because if that's what I (or my kid) really wanted I could teach them at home for free to be an unethical non-pricipled opportunist.

On a rural island some 20 miles from Norway's capital, hundreds of young members of the country's Labour Party gathered each summer to discuss politics and democracy and enjoy each other's company.

Utoya island, which can only be reached by boat, has been used by the Labour Party for its youth conference for decades, as well as a destination for family camping trips.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/23/norway.camp.youth/index.html

Of course, because the Dancin' Dalai cannot personally recall any examples of similar camps, it was plainly the victims fault they got shot by a conservative who regarded liberals as traitors and wanted to simultaneously punish them and reduce the headcount of future progressives.

trolldance200op2.gif

That makes some sense, if they ask. What if they asked to go to Democratic Party Camp?

Personally I just have a problem with the whole idea of sending kids to an indoctrination camp, even if they want to go.

My daughter doesn't relate to politics so she wouldn't ask to go to a Democrat camp. My son wouldn't because he and his buddies make fun of liberals as a hobby.

The fact is, most public schools are, in effect, Democrat camps, and the kids don't have a choice to go there or not.

I'm with you on this. While my kids are now grown up, some things just belong at home. I don't want schools teaching political viewpoints, same with camps. I never sent my kids to religious based camps either, for the same reasons.

Yes they did go to camp for 3 weeks in summer, from 8-12. Sports, crafts, team building. After 12 they went to sports or music camps, all of which included some of the regular camping experience.

My daughter doesn't relate to politics so she wouldn't ask to go to a Democrat camp. My son wouldn't because he and his buddies make fun of liberals as a hobby.

The fact is, most public schools are, in effect, Democrat camps, and the kids don't have a choice to go there or not.

Kids don't but you do. Which is the same for something like this. I hope that I can teach my kids to think, not just what to think.

Kids don't but you do. Which is the same for something like this. I hope that I can teach my kids to think, not just what to think.
Sending them to a Democrat camp (public schools) has given me ample opportunity to discuss the hidden political agenda with them. Thus I have taught them how to think while the camp has tried to teach them what to think.

I'm with you on this. While my kids are now grown up, some things just belong at home. I don't want schools teaching political viewpoints, same with camps. I never sent my kids to religious based camps either, for the same reasons.

Yes they did go to camp for 3 weeks in summer, from 8-12. Sports, crafts, team building. After 12 they went to sports or music camps, all of which included some of the regular camping experience.

Too bad you're so closed-minded about religious camps.

My son went to Boy Scout camp and my daughter went to a local Christian camp, for several summers (Christian values- oh no!). My son also went to academic, music and sports camps while my daughter also went to music and sports camps. Both benefited from all of the camps.

my kids went to camp to actually beat on each other instead of talking about it.

wrestling and other sports camps teach life lessons.

scooby_monsters_1024x768.jpg

RUH ROH

Looks like the GOP runs camps..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44940384369&v=wall

my kids went to camp to actually beat on each other instead of talking about it.

wrestling and other sports camps teach life lessons.

Sports pretty much all have a positive impact. My children learn martial arts and compete in that.

Too bad you're so closed-minded about religious camps.

My son went to Boy Scout camp and my daughter went to a local Christian camp, for several summers (Christian values- oh no!). My son also went to academic, music and sports camps while my daughter also went to music and sports camps. Both benefited from all of the camps.

I'm not surprised at your singling out religious camps, since you also favor compulsory religion imposed on the populace. Sorry, we disagree.

I had positive experiences at the summer camps I went to which is why I would let my kids go to camps if they were interested. I also really like groups that help low-income kids attend summer camps and especially those for inner-city children who may have very little exposure to the world outside of their neighborhood.

Back