Partisan Summer Camp? Would you send your kids?

What the heck? Would you send your kids to a republican/democrat/libertarian/communist party summer camp?

Who has even heard of these?

While hearing about the horrific tragedy in Norway, I couldn't help but realize that these kids went to a summer camp for a specific political party. Who here would send their kids to indoctrination camp?

My kids all went to church camp. There are those who would call that indoctrination camp. I went and they went to the same one. You know, may as well keep the indoctrination in the family.

My sons went to Scout Camp and football camp. My daughter went to a generic outdoorsy kinda camp. But I wouldn't send my kids to a political camp.

we can me and you can pay me back for letting your wife blow me

we can me and you can pay me ???? wtf does that mean in English ?
we can me ?

you be tryin' to speak like an adult, and just can't make it....?
I be tryin' to understand you, and just can't make it either.....:palm::rofl:

Please don't actually mention the name of a college and claim you attended there....that would embarrass the entire state its in....even if it was only as a janitor....

the toughest sport in hs or college is wrestling. You ski, I bet your son the boy scout is scared to even ski

I disagree. As a wrestler, football player and mid-distance runner, football is the harder sport of the three in terms of contact. That said, DY is a tool to think wrestlers just go around grabbing each other in the crotch. It simply shows that once again he is trying desperately to stay in the closet, all the while thinking endlessly about other guys crotches and what it would be like to grab them.

A lot of Americans have a difficult time accepting MMA and wrestling because of the body-on-body contact, which we are taught is highly sexual. Give it a couple of generatons, and hopefully much of this will be lost as MMA becomes more popular and UFC takes over.

no staying in boyscouts till 18 is not gay at all, cross country is for fags so is boy scouts.

So bottom line is that BOTH of you are going to use 'gay' as an 'insult' for sports you don't like personally?

While I ran mid-distance in HS, I have run several marathons, the last being a part of an Ironman tri. Cross country is tough.

But if two are trying to find out what the toughest sport is.... it is gymnastics. Pound for pound they are the best all around athletes in the world.

A lot of Americans have a difficult time accepting MMA and wrestling because of the body-on-body contact, which we are taught is highly sexual. Give it a couple of generatons, and hopefully much of this will be lost as MMA becomes more popular and UFC takes over.

I have never heard anyone state as such about MMA.

As for wrestling, I think it is simply a sport that more people associate with the idiocy that is the WWF etc... rather than ACTUAL wrestling.

Just look at what hollywood does almost every time they put a wrestler in a TV show or movie... It resembles the WWF more than HS/College wrestling.

I disagree. As a wrestler, football player and mid-distance runner, football is the harder sport of the three in terms of contact. That said, DY is a tool to think wrestlers just go around grabbing each other in the crotch. It simply shows that once again he is trying desperately to stay in the closet, all the while thinking endlessly about other guys crotches and what it would be like to grab them.

yes football contact is the hardest hitting.
The conditioning in wrestling is by far the toughest.

I'd say it was a tough call between gymnastics and swimming. I'd give swimming the edge in aerobic conditioning and gymnastics in anaerobic.

But I'd put both at the top. For conditioning, I would say football was above wrestling and skiing in some positions. A defensive back, defensive end or tightend would probably be at or near the top. They require a solid conditioning and major muscle.

yes football contact is the hardest hitting.
The conditioning in wrestling is by far the toughest.

Totally different kind of conditioning. Take a wrestler and have them run up and down a basketball court for an entire bball game.... they can't do it at the level of the bball players. Same is true in reverse.

It is like trying to figure out who is 'the fastest alive'.... is it the person who can run the 100 meter dash in the lowest time or the person who runs a marathon in the lowest time? Conditioning for the two events is obviously drastically different.

As for football, again, totally different kind of conditioning than wrestling (and track for that matter). Wrestling is about conditioning for those 2-3 minute periods, fast recovery, then the next period. Football players must be conditioned for 60 minute games of start and stop action.

Having done all three in HS, plus training for endurance events now... they are simply different... not harder/easier

All I know is the football players would be puking thier guts up during the first few days of wrestling practice.

I don't know any guys who swam or did gymnastics, I'm sure they are tough.

I've found that the most conditioning was in swimming.

I would agree that swimming would be above football, wrestling, track if you are talking distance swimming. Sprint training in swimming is very similar to wrestling in terms of overall conditioning level.

All I know is the football players would be puking thier guts up during the first few days of wrestling practice.

yes.... because again, it is a DIFFERENT kind of conditioning. Football has you conditioned for..... wait for it..... FOOTBALL.

If the sports were played in reverse order, you would find similar results of wrestlers puking during 2 a day practices for football.

As for gymnastics, those bastards are friggin crazy. Their workout routines are fun to watch, but f me if I would ever attempt to do what they do.

Back