Partisan Summer Camp? Would you send your kids?

I would agree that swimming would be above football, wrestling, track if you are talking distance swimming. Sprint training in swimming is very similar to wrestling in terms of overall conditioning level.

guess it depends on what kind of team you were on.
We ran 6 miles a day, out sprint type work would have been done on the mat.

guess it depends on what kind of team you were on.
We ran 6 miles a day, out sprint type work would have been done on the mat.

If you ran 6 miles a day for wrestling then you definitely had a different structure than we did. We only ran mid distance one day a week, typically five miles. The other days we were doing sprint work.

If you ran 6 miles a day for wrestling then you definitely had a different structure than we did. We only ran mid distance one day a week, typically five miles. The other days we were doing sprint work.

everything is different, my sons team ran nearly as much. They broke the national tournament record for points though so they were tougher than most teams.

What the heck? Would you send your kids to a republican/democrat/libertarian/communist party summer camp?

Who has even heard of these?

While hearing about the horrific tragedy in Norway, I couldn't help but realize that these kids went to a summer camp for a specific political party. Who here would send their kids to indoctrination camp?

Fans of this guy?: "On his radio show today Glenn Beck compared a Labour Party youth camp where a gunman killed scores of young people to the Hitler Youth, but failed to mention that his own 9/12 Project ran a similar summer camp this year.

Beck said, “Saturday I was following the news of the shooting in Norway and the explosion in Norway, which happened what on Friday…When we heard the explosion everybody was willing to say, it’s Muslim extremists, it’s Muslim extremists. I don’t think we made a comment on it because we didn’t know other than a bombing had happened, and as the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth or you know whatever. Who does a camp for kids that’s all about politics? Disturbing. But, anyway, so there’s this political camp and so crazy man goes and starts shooting kids.”

Who would do a political camp for kids? Perhaps, Glenn Beck’s own 9/12 Project?

This month the Tampa 9/12 project held a summer camp for kids called the Tampa Liberty School which was described on their own website as, “This part time summer camp will meet from 9am to noon on July 11-15 at the Paideia School in Temple Terrace. Kids aged 8-12 years old will have fun while learning the principles of liberty, free markets, and limited government. They will also learn the values of personal responsibility, faith, courage, hard work, reverence and thrift.”

A summer camp that teaches the principle of limited government sounds a lot like the political indoctrination of children to me.

Hitler Youth indeed, Glenn.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/glenn-beck-norway-hitler-youth

Fans of this guy?: "On his radio show today Glenn Beck compared a Labour Party youth camp where a gunman killed scores of young people to the Hitler Youth, but failed to mention that his own 9/12 Project ran a similar summer camp this year.

Beck said, “Saturday I was following the news of the shooting in Norway and the explosion in Norway, which happened what on Friday…When we heard the explosion everybody was willing to say, it’s Muslim extremists, it’s Muslim extremists. I don’t think we made a comment on it because we didn’t know other than a bombing had happened, and as the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth or you know whatever. Who does a camp for kids that’s all about politics? Disturbing. But, anyway, so there’s this political camp and so crazy man goes and starts shooting kids.”

Who would do a political camp for kids? Perhaps, Glenn Beck’s own 9/12 Project?

This month the Tampa 9/12 project held a summer camp for kids called the Tampa Liberty School which was described on their own website as, “This part time summer camp will meet from 9am to noon on July 11-15 at the Paideia School in Temple Terrace. Kids aged 8-12 years old will have fun while learning the principles of liberty, free markets, and limited government. They will also learn the values of personal responsibility, faith, courage, hard work, reverence and thrift.”

A summer camp that teaches the principle of limited government sounds a lot like the political indoctrination of children to me.

Hitler Youth indeed, Glenn.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/glenn-beck-norway-hitler-youth

Fricking weird. I wouldn't send my kid... seriously. Just no.

What a dumb straw question.

It goes with the dumb straw OP.

What the heck? Would you send your kids to a republican/democrat/libertarian/communist party summer camp?

Who has even heard of these?

While hearing about the horrific tragedy in Norway, I couldn't help but realize that these kids went to a summer camp for a specific political party. Who here would send their kids to indoctrination camp?

No its called obtaining the highest rank: Eagle, then giving back to the community by providing leadership for the younger scouts. You call cross country gay because you couldn't run more than a mile without suffering a heart attack.

And you're still to scared to ski, doper. :D

Come up to New England this winter S&M. I'll take you skiing. Bwa ha ha.

I learned to ski when I was four, I've been skiing almost as long as I've been walking, not quite as long as I've been swimming (I learned to swim before I could walk).

Too bad I don't get into the water often enough anymore... I'm getting out of shape.. :(

INTENSIVE CAMP OVERVIEW
Are you ready for the challenge of a lifetime? Since 1978, J Robinson and his staff have provided an unparalleled training experience for thousands of wrestlers across the nation each summer.

In teaching a deeper understanding of the skills of discipline, sacrifice, dedication, hard work, responsibility, and accountability, you will be pushed to the limits physically and mentally, resulting in a dramatic change in the way you approach wrestling as well as life.

We are committed to training you in a way no other program can by increasing performance levels and giving you a new appreciation for what hard work really means.

The undisputed leader in intensive camp, J Robinson features a skilled staff of current and former collegiate wrestlers, top coaches and clinicians—all hosted at top-notch athletic facilities.

If not now, when? Take the J Robinson Intensive Camp challenge – GET INTENSE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Intensive Camp is designed for wrestlers 14-18 years of age. The multi-faceted training model emphasizes a high-energy conditioning routine designed to test athletes physically and mentally on a daily basis.

SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
6:30 Wake-Up
6:45 Running and/or Weight Training
7:30 Breakfast
10:15 Technique Practice
12:00 Lunch
3:00 Hard Wrestling Practice
5:00 Dinner
7:30 Motivation/Mental Attitude
8:00 Running and/or Weight Training
11:00 Lights Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coach Robinson will be at every camp. J resides at the Intensive Camps every summer and is very accessible to campers and parents. At the beginning and end of the Intensive Camps, J will host an informational session for parents to help them better understand their son/daughter’s camp experience. Details regarding these information sessions will be in the confirmation packet.

Thread takes stranger turn.

Has anyone thought about starting a thread entitled, say, "I'm better at skiing than you and anyway, you're all gay" then turning it into a discussion about political camps for children?

Back