Partisan Summer Camp? Would you send your kids?

No you won't, because it would be more like ice skating.
Depends on the day of the week. Three years ago I drove up to Stowe, did a day there then went over to Smuggler's Notch and the conditions were never the same from day-to-day. As I recall our first day was cold, second day warm on packed powder, then it rained about an inch that night and got into the teens, creating about 1/2" of solid ice over the entire facility. They could only open the lower parts of the mountain then gradually blues and they didn't get to the blacks for two days. Then we got a few inches of snow on top of the "corn". Its not always great skiing but it does challenge you.

The main problem with NE is that you can't get there unless you drive 14 hours or fly into Logan, then rent a car and drive at least 4.

INTENSIVE CAMP OVERVIEW
Are you ready for the challenge of a lifetime? Since 1978, J Robinson and his staff have provided an unparalleled training experience for thousands of wrestlers across the nation each summer.

In teaching a deeper understanding of the skills of discipline, sacrifice, dedication, hard work, responsibility, and accountability, you will be pushed to the limits physically and mentally, resulting in a dramatic change in the way you approach wrestling as well as life.

We are committed to training you in a way no other program can by increasing performance levels and giving you a new appreciation for what hard work really means.

The undisputed leader in intensive camp, J Robinson features a skilled staff of current and former collegiate wrestlers, top coaches and clinicians—all hosted at top-notch athletic facilities.

If not now, when? Take the J Robinson Intensive Camp challenge – GET INTENSE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Intensive Camp is designed for wrestlers 14-18 years of age. The multi-faceted training model emphasizes a high-energy conditioning routine designed to test athletes physically and mentally on a daily basis.

SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
6:30 Wake-Up
6:45 Running and/or Weight Training
7:30 Breakfast
10:15 Technique Practice
12:00 Lunch
3:00 Hard Wrestling Practice
5:00 Dinner
7:30 Motivation/Mental Attitude
8:00 Running and/or Weight Training
11:00 Lights Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coach Robinson will be at every camp. J resides at the Intensive Camps every summer and is very accessible to campers and parents. At the beginning and end of the Intensive Camps, J will host an informational session for parents to help them better understand their son/daughter’s camp experience. Details regarding these information sessions will be in the confirmation packet.
45 minutes of running/weight training
2.75 hours for Breakfast
1.75 hours of watching the coach teach technique
3.00 hours for Lunch
2.00 hours of wrestling 'hard'
2.50 hours for dinner
0.50 hours of 'motivation'
plus a little more 'running (from the coach?) or weight training

What a bunch of pussies ;)

45 minutes of running/weight training
2.75 hours for Breakfast
1.75 hours of watching the coach teach technique
3.00 hours for Lunch
2.00 hours of wrestling 'hard'
2.50 hours for dinner
0.50 hours of 'motivation'
plus a little more 'running (from the coach?) or weight training

What a bunch of pussies ;)

True, .5 hours of "motivation"? I mean, come on!

Depends on the day of the week. Three years ago I drove up to Stowe, did a day there then went over to Smuggler's Notch and the conditions were never the same from day-to-day. As I recall our first day was cold, second day warm on packed powder, then it rained about an inch that night and got into the teens, creating about 1/2" of solid ice over the entire facility. They could only open the lower parts of the mountain then gradually blues and they didn't get to the blacks for two days. Then we got a few inches of snow on top of the "corn". Its not always great skiing but it does challenge you.

The main problem with NE is that you can't get there unless you drive 14 hours or fly into Logan, then rent a car and drive at least 4.

Yes, strapping on skis or a board and hurling down a sheet of ice is indeed challenging.... its just not skiing.

Anyway, what would be the activities at a partisan camp? I'll bet they have .75 hours of "motivation", jerks.

Jrobb is the toughest wrestling camp in the nation.

My kids didn't go because the kids going there are trying to get where my kids were. Nationally ranked

Yes, strapping on skis or a board and hurling down a sheet of ice is indeed challenging.... its just not skiing.
No. Skiing is accepting and adapting to the conditions below you and realizing that the challenge makes you a better skier instead of sitting in the lodge reminiscing about 'champagne powder".

Once again your attacks on me fail so you resort to attacking my family, lying and denigrating women. No wonder you wrestled in college and play tennis. And your wife left you. :)

Once again your attacks on me fail so you resort to attacking my family, lying and denigrating women. No wonder you wrestled in college and play tennis. And your wife left you. :)

If I'd have known doing those things would have resulted in my first wife leaving sooner than she did I would have done them, also. :D

Anyway, what would be the activities at a partisan camp? I'll bet they have .75 hours of "motivation", jerks.

A new activity at Norwegian summer camps is "hiding from Christian conservatives with guns".

I hear "begging for your life" is also being considered.

No. Skiing is accepting and adapting to the conditions below you and realizing that the challenge makes you a better skier instead of sitting in the lodge reminiscing about 'champagne powder".

So if some dumb hick straps on skis and goes down a mountain with no snow or ice, that is still skiing to you?

Come on out sometime, I'll take you up to Vail or Steamboat and then you can tell me how what you do in the east is 'skiing'

Back