Partisan Summer Camp? Would you send your kids?

It's a loaded question because there's no 'good" answer.

"Yes" infers that you are a kook - probably a liberal kook, while "no" infers that you are just an irresponsible kook, since only kooks send their kids to partisan camps to be indoctrinated and possibly shot.

Either way, "look what happened at Utoeya" is the elephant in the room.

What? If you say yes, you are trying to lead your children to follow your political viewpoints.

If you say no, you are either not motived to politcal partisanship, or you are letting your kids decide on their own.

I think you are expecting others on this board to attack the same way you do.

It's a loaded question because there's no 'good" answer.

"Yes" infers that you are a kook - probably a liberal kook, while "no" infers that you are just an irresponsible kook, since only kooks send their kids to partisan camps to be indoctrinated and possibly shot.

Either way, "look what happened at Utoeya" is the elephant in the room.

:rolleyes:

If you wouldn't send your kid to the camp say "no", if you would say "yes". Believe me, I'm not judging you. Stuff like this would creep me out, but I don't expect everybody is like me.

This thread is not about what happened at Uetoya. It is about whether or not any of us would send our kids to a camp like that one that is run by a political party.

So the righties on this forum are not motived to political partisanship?

I wonder how many of our purported champions of self-determination would be content to let their children (or other people's) decide they're gay, or Marxist?

:rolleyes: If you wouldn't send your kid to the camp say "no", if you would say "yes". Believe me, I'm not judging you. Stuff like this would creep me out, but I don't expect everybody is like me. This thread is not about what happened at Uetoya. It is about whether or not any of us would send our kids to a camp like that one that is run by a political party.

Sure, Damocles. It's not about what happened at Uetoya, which just happens to be a camp run by a political party? :rolleyes:

So the righties on this forum are not motived to political partisanship?

I wonder how many of our purported champions of self-determination would be content to let their children (or other people's) decide they're gay, or Marxist?

Some would and some wouldn't. Which is why Damo asked the question. To see who would and who wouldn't.

No, its not. Before this tragedy, had you ever heard of a partisan political camp???

No, what's not?

Yes, before the punishment of liberals committed by the conservative Christian killer, I had heard of a partisan political camp .

No, what's not?

Yes, before the punishment of liberals committed by the conservative Christian killer, I had heard of a partisan political camp .

"It's not about what happened at Uetoya...".

Well, many of us had not. What camp had you heard about?

"It's not about what happened at Uetoya...".Well, many of us had not. What camp had you heard about?

It is exactly about what happened at Uetoya. If Uetoya hadn't happened, would Damocles have wondered if sending children to partisan political camps was something the forum's members agreed with or not?

I'm sure that many people had not heard of such activities. That doesn't make them weird, which is what Damocles was insinuating.

I'd heard of a number of camps. Some in North America, some elsewhere. Why do you care? You won't believe me, will you?

It is exactly about what happened at Uetoya. If Uetoya hadn't happened, would Damocles have wondered if sending children to partisan political camps was something the forum's members agreed with or not?

I'm sure that many people had not heard of such activities. That doesn't make them weird, which is what Damocles was insinuating.

I'd heard of a number of camps. Some in North America, some elsewhere. Why do you care? You won't believe me, will you?

Damo asked the question because he was curious about whether or not people would send their kids to such a camp. You want to read so much into that. Why? Why not either answer the question or leave the thread alone. Why try to claim that Damo has some ulterior motive or that he is saying something about the victims.

I had not heard of such camps, and it sounds as though Damo hadn't either. Maybe its because we have no interest in sending our kids to camps like that.

Why do I care? I am asking because you have made the thread about bullshit instead of a simple question.

Damo asked the question because he was curious about whether or not people would send their kids to such a camp. You want to read so much into that. Why? Why not either answer the question or leave the thread alone. Why try to claim that Damo has some ulterior motive or that he is saying something about the victims. I had not heard of such camps, and it sounds as though Damo hadn't either. Maybe its because we have no interest in sending our kids to camps like that. Why do I care? I am asking because you have made the thread about bullshit instead of a simple question.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I'll let you know when you get to decide mine and tell me what to post.

Now, rather than indulge in "bullshit", shouldn't you be engaging Dumb Yankee in an on-topic debate about skiing?

You're entitled to your opinion.

I'll let you know when you get to decide mine and tell me what to post.

Now, rather than indulge in "bullshit", shouldn't you be engaging Dumb Yankee in an on-topic debate about skiing?

:rofl: Oh, so no one gets to tell you what your opinion is? lol Funny, you feel quite comfortable telling others what they think.

And I am not telling you your opinion. I am basing my comments on what you have said.

My ass is ALL you'd see as I left your pitiful, molehill-skiing ass far FAR behind...
This sounds like a challenge:

NASTAR was developed by SKI Magazine in 1968 to provide recreational racers with an opportunity to compete and to compare their scores to friends and family members regardless of when and where they race. The NASTAR handicap system is a universal scoring system that provides participants with a tangible number that represents their ability.
nastar.com

We can settle this right now. What is your handicap?

Back