"Pass this Bill Now"...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
What Bill? He hasn't even written one.

Anyway, it was like watching a Ginsu commercial...

If you "Pass this Bill Now" we'll double your order and "or save" twice as many jobs as we "or saved" in your previous order just pay triple the shipping costs and double the "processing"! If you move now we'll even throw in some extra costs, but we'll make other people pay for them!

One 20 minute speech, and adding $500 Billion (just a SWAG on his part because there is nothing on paper for the CBO to look at)...

Looks like he is smarter than you thought.

Not really. It was pretty much exactly what I expected. There is no bill but he wants it to be "passed now" and if you do, he really really promises that this time there will be some jobs "or saved" more than ever before!

Not really. It was pretty much exactly what I expected. There is no bill but he wants it to be "passed now" and if you do, he really really promises that this time there will be some jobs "or saved" more than ever before!

I think it was brilliant.

Either pass (write and then pass) the bill now, and save the country so I get re-elected or don't pass it, so I get re-elected.

How nice, the country is in dire trouble and Obama's gonna play "gotcha politics" yet again. And wasn't it just so special for him to keep us all waiting for weeks, on pins and needles, to be lectured once again?

I especially like the way he's gonna role it out obamacare style... "pass it and then I'll explain how YOU are gonna pay for it."

How nice, the country is in dire trouble and Obama's gonna play "gotcha politics" yet again. And wasn't it just so special for him to keep us all waiting for weeks, on pins and needles, to be lectured once again?

I especially like the way he's gonna role it out obamacare style... "pass it and then I'll explain how YOU are gonna pay for it."

It didn't take long for you to resurface as a troll.

If you "Pass this Bill Now" we'll double your order and "or save" twice as many jobs as we "or saved" in your previous order just pay triple the shipping costs and double the "processing"! If you move now we'll even throw in some extra costs, but we'll make other people pay for them!

One 20 minute speech, and adding $500 Billion (just a SWAG on his part because there is nothing on paper for the CBO to look at)...

and all you pay is the shitting and handling....

and all you pay is the shitting and handling....

And you can choose "condom" or the cheaper "not condom" version for your raping. Now tell your constituents to grab their ankles and pass it. I swear there will be more "or saved" jobs after THIS version of the same thing...

Exactly. He wanted everyone to hear it, not just sound bites and hours of critic's remarks from the talking heads.

right....like giving a speech from the WH wouldn't cut it. and if that was true, why is he now taking the speech across america?

weak apologist post apple.

Stop whining like a little Fox News bitch, will ya please? It's a called a "preview" don't cha know. The man stated that the bill is forthcoming for all to inspect.....so if there's anything in it that contradicts ANY minute part of his speech, I'm sure World Net Daily or NewsMax or Crowley or Krauthammer or Limbaugh or the NY Post will be on it like an exaggerated tick on a dog. Bottom line: it was a brilliant chess move to counter the neocon/teabagger bullhorn, because it puts their ideology right out there for the American people to see and realize that Boehner and company weren't really in their corner. Now you have the GOP leaders' making all types of concillatory noises in order NOT to appear like the obstructionist SOB's they have been for the last 2 years.

Personally, I wasn't all that thrilled with the speech save for one or two points. Whether Obama can deliver has yet to be seen.

Stop whining like a little Fox News bitch, will ya please? It's a called a "preview" don't cha know. The man stated that the bill is forthcoming for all to inspect.....so if there's anything in it that contradicts ANY minute part of his speech, I'm sure World Net Daily or NewsMax or Crowley or Krauthammer or Limbaugh or the NY Post will be on it like an exaggerated tick on a dog. Bottom line: it was a brilliant chess move to counter the neocon/teabagger bullhorn, because it puts their ideology right out there for the American people to see and realize that Boehner and company weren't really in their corner. Now you have the GOP leaders' making all types of concillatory noises in order NOT to appear like the obstructionist SOB's they have been for the last 2 years.

Personally, I wasn't all that thrilled with the speech save for one or two points. Whether Obama can deliver has yet to be seen.
So basically it's all political posturing, since if it's bad and its voted down, it'll just look obstructionist, and only promises more of the same policies from the past 2 congresses.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

So basically it's all political posturing, since if it's bad and its voted down, it'll just look obstructionist, and only promises more of the same policies from the past 2 congresses.

No genius, it's called the President making a joint session address regarding the dire situation in the country.....an address that the GOP has been clamoring for for the last few months as if NOTHING has previously been proposed.

Well, as the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, because you might get it. As I said, when the details are delivered, we'll see if the President was just "posturing" as you suggest.....but judging by the way Cantor and company are suddenly changing their tune, I don't think that will be the case.

What's pissing off the neocon/teabagger pundits and parrots is that Obama has indeed called out the GOP on their BS agenda....I dearly would love to see any of them try and bad mouth what the GI Bill did for this country, or rewrite history as to how the middle class was established to what we take for granted today.

if the speech was so important, why did he wait so long to give it?

Back