Paul/Palin 2016... Possible GOP Ticket?

This should be an interesting discussion. I was thinking about this the other day, while pondering which direction the GOP should take in 2016. It seems they are sharply divided between three main factions, the establishment elite, the libertarians and the tea party conservatives. Neither of the three factions is strong enough to defeat the Democrats, doesn't matter who the dems put up, they could nominate Vladimir Putin, and he'd be our next president.

But what if..... The GOP came to it's senses on the establishment elite side, and supported a ticket with a Libertarian and Tea Party Conservative, like Rand Paul and Sarah Palin? The amalgamation of Libertarians, Tea Party Cons, and Elite, would be at least a formidable challenge to Democrats.

Libertarians would eat the corn out of Rand Paul's shit, I do believe. So they would vote for him even with Palin on the ticket, they'd find some way to justify it, regardless of how they will squeal otherwise right now. Palin fans, likewise, would support her no matter what, even as a running mate for Rand Paul, whom they may not agree with 100% on everything. The results of merging Tea Partyism and Libertarianism would be unbeatable by Democrats regardless of their candidate.

Now, obviously, the left absolutely HATE Sarah Palin, but they aren't exactly slobbering over Rand Paul these days, in case you hadn't noticed, and I think this is something us 'righties' will have to get accustomed to, if we are ever to regain political power. Whomever we put up, is going to be rejected soundly by the left, and generally speaking, the more vitriolic and hateful they are toward the person, the more indication it's the RIGHT person for the job. This alone, puts Sarah Palin at the top of my list. Forget everything else, the left hates her so much she must be good.

Some might say, why wouldn't it be a Palin/Paul ticket? And of course, that could work as well, ideally, we'd have a primary where Palin and Paul campaigned for the nomination and in a Reagan/Bush moment, join forces at the RNC. I just think Paul is more suited to be the main candidate, while Sarah could run effective interference, since we know how much attention she draws from the left. Once elected, I think Paul's leadership ability would suit him well in the White House, while Palin's administrative ability would make her an outstanding VP. I think the relatively small contingent of GOP voters who aren't sold on Palin as President, would probably be willing to at least give her a shot at VP... I mean, fuck... if JOE BIDEN can do the job? Seriously people, can it be that hard?

The added beauty of Palin on the ticket is, she's already been vetted. And by her detractors! Picked apart six ways from Sunday and found to be nothing but honorable and diligent in her job. 24,000 emails, scrutinized like no one has ever had their email scrutinized, and NOTHING found. Every facet of her life uncovered and explored, including her family members.... so there would be no new surprises. All they could do would be to repeat the stuff they already spewed and attack her personality. Call her names and imply she is stupid, and attack her family... that's about all they can do with Palin, and that's why she scares the living dog shit out of them, it's why they continue to pound her every chance they get. Oh... I predict it... some pinhead will chortle in with the notion that this is a GREAT idea and they WELCOME Palin on the GOP ticket, because they are confident this spells certain victory, and I am sure some pinheads honestly have convinced themselves of this, but a coalition as I described would be a challenge.

Now..... for the record, this is merely a hypothetical. I don't honestly believe there is a chance in hell of getting such a ticket, the elite establishment isn't going to "see the light" and Libertarians aren't going to have a "come to Jesus" moment, even if it means the death of the party or even the country. They seem to be hell bent on pushing out the only segment of the party with the political power to win an election, and they continue to underestimate that.

Okay Libertarians... let's play a little "devil's advocate" for you here... If you realize that you need some percentage of the social conservative tea party vote to beat the Democrats, what better "social conservative" candidate to have than someone you see as a political lightweight? Someone who's not going to have the power to influence or shape policy much as VP, but will be more committed to carrying out the policies of the Libertarian president? Sarah Palin is on record as being a huge Rand Paul fan, so there is no real animosity there to threaten a Paul administration or try to undercut his agenda. She would simply preside over Congress, which she could do very well... and she could deliver a HUMONGOUS block of socially conservative voters you may not otherwise appeal to.

In any event, it is food for thought.

I like where your head is at, but I think I'd rather see something along the lines of a Rubio/Paul ticket, before that.

I haven't had a chance to read your post Dixie but seeing those two names together my first thought is why the hell would the GOP take two people from there last two losing tickets, combine them and think they would win? There is absolutely no way that would occur.

I haven't had a chance to read your post Dixie but seeing those two names together my first thought is why the hell would the GOP take two people from there last two losing tickets, combine them and think they would win? There is absolutely no way that would occur.

Rand Paul, NOT Paul Ryan. Did you have a brain fart?

How many people do you suppose, have lost an election as VP candidate, and gone on to win another election as the VP candidate or outright win the presidency? The fact that Palin was on a losing ticket means nothing in presidential politics, except that she does have some experience on the presidential campaign trail.

I like where your head is at, but I think I'd rather see something along the lines of a Rubio/Paul ticket, before that.

To be honest, I don't know that much about Rubio. I like what he has said in speeches before the RNC and I think he is popular, but I would have to hear him speak more to be sold. If he came out on the campaign trail all hand-locked with McCain and Graham, I would have to vote against him. I don't want to nominate someone just to appeal to the Hispanic voter, just like I don't think the GOP should pander to special interests.

Here's what I see in Rand Paul and Sarah Palin that I haven't seen in Rubio, the passion and conviction to stand on their principles. That's not to say that Rubio wouldn't do this, given the right opportunity, I've just not seen that in him yet. I want someone who is going to go after the Democrats, both barrels blazing, not someone who is going to mealy-mouth around and act like conservatives need to apologize all the remaining days of our lives for Bush and Iraq, or conservative policies, which seemed completely foreign to Bush at times. I'm ready for the Anti-John McCain, and I think Rand Paul represents that. I also think, in many ways, Sarah Palin has the same thing going for her, she is a firebrand and does indeed draw controversy, but so fucking what? I say go for it... they want to smugly laugh at such a nomination, shove it down their goddamn throats! Give 'em Sarah Barracuda in full court press, and see how well they do at 'destroying' her THIS time!

* Disclaimer, "we" in this post can be defined as freedom loving americans

dixie you are absolutely delusional thinking palin is a credible candidate. she's been made a national joke. She's damaged goods. She had more success on her reality tv show.

Palin is done done done done done done done.

Republicans need to start thinking outside of the box, and they need to kill their social conservatism issues with fire. There is no market for those ideas anymore.

Republicans should steal the issue of the war on drugs. Currently democrats have shy'd away from it, but it's a great issue that can help recruit lots of young people, (smoke weed erry day 420) it's an issue you can get the teabaggers (wasteful government spending and bureaucracy), you can use it as an issue of small government, an issue against systematic racism. Against crime, against organized gangs. The drug war is a golden ticket.

Republicans also need to give up on gay marriage. Have you seen the stats from 2003 to now? It's insane. I think it was like 37% in 2003 for national support, and now we are over 50%. And the old people keep dying and the young people keep turning 18. If republicans keep derping around about civil unions or "not using the word marriage" they are fighting a losing battle. Besides, pragmatically it's an issue where you don't even lose much ground on. It's not like a tax issue where if Republicans lose their taxes are going up. If gays get married literally nothing changes for the republicans in their daily lives.

Republicans need to kick the Santorums the fuck out. Their anti-intellectual bullshit, their mocking of obama because he wants people to go to college, the denying of science is making the republicans look like the party of the stupid.

Following up on the above, that would of course include all the mouthbreathers that think if your raped your body will get rid of the unholiness. I shouldn't really need to elaborate on that further. Hell maybe we should go back to throwing women into lakes to see if they float and are a witch. It's not good enough that republicans distanced themselves from atkin. The fact that they had to even have the conversation in the first place is laughable and disgusting. It again, just makes the republicans the party of fucking retards.

Then of course, we have the issue of abortion. Stop talking about it, just accept we are going to be making delicious fetus soup. Who the fuck cares about dead liberal babies anyway? Punt those little fuckers down the street. Swing the fetus still attached to the umbilical cord over your head like a lasso.

The TL;DR of this post is stop picking dumbfucks from alaska that can't talk properly, can't articulate a meaningful sentence, and have no business running for city dog catcher, let alone president. We need strong leaders, we need visionaries and we need real risk takers that can set a new agenda. Not the same ole bullshit that keeps losing elections time and again.

Outside the box dixie!

Yea...go dredge up a couple of loonies that the teabag crowd will embrace. Clearly, you forgot that natl. elections hinge on the few independents, not the base.

Paul feels that restaurant owners should be able to deny service to minorities. That's going to play well with that demographic.

I don't pray, but I sure hope we see your Paul/Palin ticket.

Rand Paul, NOT Paul Ryan. Did you have a brain fart?

How many people do you suppose, have lost an election as VP candidate, and gone on to win another election as the VP candidate or outright win the presidency? The fact that Palin was on a losing ticket means nothing in presidential politics, except that she does have some experience on the presidential campaign trail.

Yeah, that was my bad. Was reading it on my phone at the airport. Not sure why I thought that.

Why would anybody support a Military Industrial Complex, World Police Force, Religionist neo-con authoritarian like Palin, who was even stupid enough to accept an offer from the Democrat’s buddy and gun grabber McCain to be his running mate? Have you ignored the fact that Sara’s running mate belittled Rand Paul before the Senate for his filibustering demand that this idiot authoritarian President’s Justice Department clarify its drone policy concerning American citizens on American soil? Sara’s partner McCain thought that was outrageous and unpatriotic.

I’d vote for Sara in a Miss America beauty contest but as a political leader never! And her voice doesn’t fit the rest of her. It’s like the proverbial chalk screeching on the blackboard. It makes the blood run cold. Sara should be seen but not heard! Let’s hope she shuts the fuck up!

I am enough of a rabid partisan to drool at the prospect of this Rand-Palin ticket in 2016. The republicans seem to think that Americans are not REALLY getting tired with and a just a little freaked out by their message... all they really need to do is find a way to scream it and shove it in our faces even LOUDER and more OBNOXIOUSLY and THEN, magically, we'll all start believing in it. They have lost the last two presidential elections because they failed to capture the moderate middle, the non-white, non-evangelical vote, and the under 40 vote. They did NOT lose the elections because they failed to energize their dwindling right wing tea party wacko core constituency. If they think that going after teabaggers and holy rollers will win, I think that good and faithful democrats should just shut up and nod their heads approvingly.

I like Palin, but I don't think she'd go for it. Many Liberaterians have no faith in her either . . .

maineman said:
all they really need to do is find a way to scream it and shove it in our faces even LOUDER and more OBNOXIOUSLY and THEN, magically, we'll all start believing in it.

--Snip--

I think that good and faithful democrats should just shut up and nod their heads approvingly.

This is exactly what the dems do. Its a media/culture war.

Back