Peace in our time

Peace in our time is a pipe dream, we can reduce the strife some but as oil runs down things will get worse.

Who said Bush was qualified ?

you ?

Why is any response to any question includes President Bush? News flash. President Bush is not running for President. You should know that. It is in all the papers. What does Bush have to do with Obama?

You have no argument to sustain Obama. All you have is to compare him to someone that is not running for President. You cannot argue the facts, you can only bring unrelated, irrelevant information into the only response you have.

Do you want to know who said Obama was qualified... the Democrat Party. But please, argue the facts. Take a look at what Obama said and explain how his statements make America stronger?

Do not base your argument on what President Truman did during his administration. Do not base your argument on what President Bush did during his administration. Do not base it on what Jimmy Carter did during his administration. Do not base it on what anyone on this blog has said, because it does not matter. What matters is what Barack Hussein Obama, (Dem) Senator from Illinois and 2008 Presidential nominee said and what policy he is going implement.

We are waiting...

I support those who oppose bush and his ways. Bush may not be running but the machine behind him is.

You need to see the machine behind the wheel, not just the figurehead on the ship.

It's ridiculously stupid to pretend Bush is nothing more than an afterthought in this election.

Take the infamous "war on terror" as just one example. There are 2 very different philosophies for addressing that on the ballot this fall; one is very much in line with Bush's vision. Beyond that, McCain promises a lot of the same in terms of the economy, energy & education, to name a few.

I think it's perfectly fair to make the failures of those philosophies over the past 7+ years an integral part of the discussion.

It is becoming more evident all the time that the bushies would like to forget about bush. Even bush seems to be trying not to be like bush.

I support those who oppose bush and his ways. Bush may not be running but the machine behind him is.

You need to see the machine behind the wheel, not just the figurehead on the ship.

It is becoming more evident all the time that the bushies would like to forget about bush. Even bush seems to be trying not to be like bush.

Do you want to know who said Obama was qualified... the Democrat Party. But please, argue the facts. Take a look at what Obama said and explain how his statements make America stronger?

Do not base your argument on what President Truman did during his administration. Do not base your argument on what President Bush did during his administration. Do not base it on what Jimmy Carter did during his administration. Do not base it on what anyone on this blog has said, because it does not matter. What matters is what Barack Hussein Obama, (Dem) Senator from Illinois and 2008 Presidential nominee said and what policy he is going implement.

We are waiting...​

Well... we are still waiting and all you are doing is talking about Bush.

:cof1:

So Iran does not pose a serious threat... Who says he is qualified to be President?

They are certainly not a clear and present danger and I'll be god damned if I get pulled into another war by a bunch of incompetents who've been wrong about everything in the present war in Iraq. Preemption is an utterly failed doctrine.

Why is any response to any question includes President Bush? News flash. President Bush is not running for President. You should know that. It is in all the papers. What does Bush have to do with Obama?

You have no argument to sustain Obama. All you have is to compare him to someone that is not running for President. You cannot argue the facts, you can only bring unrelated, irrelevant information into the only response you have.

We are waiting...

Ah I see, so what your saying is that there is no correlation between this present republican administrations policy and that of a McCain administration?

Are you telling me that the American public does not have the right to evaluate McCain in terms of his party's present ineptitude and judge him by that standard?

Last edited:
I've heard this "Qualified" argument going way back. Ford wasn't qualified cause he was a clutzy ex-jock. Carter wasn't qualified cause he was a peanut farmer. Reagan wasn't qualified cause he was just an actor. Bush 1 wasn't qualified cause he was an out of touch blue blood. Clinton wasn't qualfied cause he was a hillbilly. Bush wasn't qualfied cause he was a light weight.

It's a bullshit strawman. Obama has more foreign policy experience than Bush did before he was President and experience don't mean shit if the person has lousy judgement, as Bush has demonstrated.

Is McCain more experienced in foreign affairs than Obama? Yes he is. Does this make him better qualified than Obama? No it does not because McCains support of Bush in the Iraq war and it's many failures brings up serious questions about McCains judgement that deserve serious consideration.

I've heard this "Qualified" argument going way back. Ford wasn't qualified cause he was a clutzy ex-jock. Carter wasn't qualified cause he was a peanut farmer. Reagan wasn't qualified cause he was just an actor. Bush 1 wasn't qualified cause he was an out of touch blue blood. Clinton wasn't qualfied cause he was a hillbilly. Bush wasn't qualfied cause he was a light weight.

It's a bullshit strawman. Obama has more foreign policy experience than Bush did before he was President and experience don't mean shit if the person has lousy judgement, as Bush has demonstrated.

Is McCain more experienced in foreign affairs than Obama? Yes he is. Does this make him better qualified than Obama? No it does not because McCains support of Bush in the Iraq war and it's many failures brings up serious questions about McCains judgement that deserve serious consideration.

Really, what foreign policy experience does Obama have? What has he done while in the Senate, besides run for President?

Ah I see, so what your saying is that there is no correlation between this present republican administrations policy and that of a McCain administration?

Are you telling me that the American public does not have the right to evaluate McCain in terms of his party's present ineptitude and judge him by that standard?

I am just asking for anyone to explain what Obama meant in the above two video clips. So far, no one has been able to do that. Everyone keeps trying to refer to someone else besides Barack Hussein Obama.

I am just asking for anyone to explain what Obama meant in the above two video clips. So far, no one has been able to do that. Everyone keeps trying to refer to someone else besides Barack Hussein Obama.

I can only see one clip where Obama is saying you should talk to Iran.

Why is that so controversial?

"Barack Hussein Obama"

No better way to advertise "I'm a right-wing hack" than that...

Oh I see. Using his name is in someway biased. It is his name. I did not give it to him. This is not some made up label. It is his name, yet somehow Libs seem to be put off when he is referred to by his name.

Back