Peace in our time

I can only see one clip where Obama is saying you should talk to Iran.

Why is that so controversial?

Try this...

Recently, President Obama proclaimed that Iran is no serious threat to us....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew5qP2oPdtQ"]YouTube - Obama on Iran[/ame]

But a while back, President Obama said this:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyHJZxNm-Cg&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

In the first clip Obama says Iran poses no serious threat to you "compared to the Soviet Union". He's right. He says you talked to the Soviets. He is right. He says you should talk to Iran. He's right.

In the second clip he states the threatening nature of Iran - its weapons program and it's links to terrorism.

Are the two clips incompatible? No. Iran is not a threat comparable to the USSR.

Oh I see. Using his name is in someway biased. It is his name. I did not give it to him. This is not some made up label. It is his name, yet somehow Libs seem to be put off when he is referred to by his name.

No better way to advertise the fact that you have no intellectual honesty...

No better way to advertise the fact that you have no intellectual honesty...

All I did was stated his given legal name, not a nickname, not a smear, not an insult. If you want to read something into that, then I would suggest that it is you that have a racist nature. It is you that see fear in using his name.

In the first clip Obama says Iran poses no serious threat to you "compared to the Soviet Union". He's right. He says you talked to the Soviets. He is right. He says you should talk to Iran. He's right.

In the second clip he states the threatening nature of Iran - its weapons program and it's links to terrorism.

Are the two clips incompatible? No. Iran is not a threat comparable to the USSR.

Does he see Iran as a serious threat to America without regards to the former Soviet Union? He seemed to ignore that other than to say that if they tried anything, "they wouldn't stand a chance". That does not mean that are not a serious threat. Remember, they tried something on November 4, 1979. Not only did they stand a chance, they succeeded in their goal. Who was behind the takeover of the US Embassy? The President of Iran.

No one is saying not to talk to Iran. The only way we will have peace with radicals like Iran, is to make sure they know the consequences of an attack are known and will be severe. If they attack one of our allies, the consequences will be severe. It has to be clear what the outcome will be.

The difference between Iran and the former Soviet Union is that Iran believes that they have been sent by Allah to destroy America. They believe they have been chosen by Allah to rid the world of Israel and America and they will be victorious. Do you think they care about how much we spend on defense? To them, that does not matter. They are seeing this from a religious point of view.

What is going to happen if and/or when Iran attacks Israel? With the anti-war crowd doing what they do best, does Iran think we are going to be quick to react? Do they think we will be serious in our response? Or do they think that "Cut and Run" mentality will prevail. It does not matter what the reality is, but what Iran perceives.

Does he see Iran as a serious threat to America without regards to the former Soviet Union? He seemed to ignore that other than to say that if they tried anything, "they wouldn't stand a chance". That does not mean that are not a serious threat. Remember, they tried something on November 4, 1979. Not only did they stand a chance, they succeeded in their goal. Who was behind the takeover of the US Embassy? The President of Iran.

No one is saying not to talk to Iran. The only way we will have peace with radicals like Iran, is to make sure they know the consequences of an attack are known and will be severe. If they attack one of our allies, the consequences will be severe. It has to be clear what the outcome will be.

The difference between Iran and the former Soviet Union is that Iran believes "that they have been sent by Allah to destroy America. They believe they have been chosen by Allah to rid the world of Israel and America and they will be victorious. Do you think they care about how much we spend on defense? To them, that does not matter. They are seeing this from a religious point of view.

What is going to happen if and/or when Iran attacks Israel? With the anti-war crowd doing what they do best, does Iran think we are going to be quick to react? Do they think we will be serious in our response? Or do they think that "Cut and Run" mentality will prevail. It does not matter what the reality is, but what Iran perceives.

I'm sorry but do you seriously believe that Obama, distinct from every other American President, is going to allow Iran some sort of free hand to do as they please?

I'm sorry but do you seriously believe that Obama, distinct from every other American President, is going to allow Iran some sort of free hand to do as they please?

I don't know. Jimmy Carter did? What is Obama's plan? Will he show strength or will he offer a Cut and Run strategy? He is already saying that he will cave to the anti-military peace movement and pull the troops out 1 or 2 brigades a month until there is but a minute skeleton force left to protect embassy. How much will Iran respect us and think we are willing to stand up to them with something more than words? With the political spectrum as it is and his core followers, will he be able to return those brigades to the theater of operation in a timely manner?

All I did was stated his given legal name, not a nickname, not a smear, not an insult. If you want to read something into that, then I would suggest that it is you that have a racist nature. It is you that see fear in using his name.

Like I said, no intellectual honestly.

Are you using McCain's middle name,as well?

Do you want to know who said Obama was qualified... the Democrat Party. But please, argue the facts. Take a look at what Obama said and explain how his statements make America stronger?

Do not base your argument on what President Truman did during his administration. Do not base your argument on what President Bush did during his administration. Do not base it on what Jimmy Carter did during his administration. Do not base it on what anyone on this blog has said, because it does not matter. What matters is what Barack Hussein Obama, (Dem) Senator from Illinois and 2008 Presidential nominee said and what policy he is going implement.

We are waiting...​

We ? Do you have a mouse in your pocket ?

Well... we are still waiting and all you are doing is talking about Bush.

:cof1:

Per the constitution Obama is clearly qualified to be president.
The voters will say if Obama is to be president, just like they did with bush. And of course we were not wrong on bush were we ?

I don't know. Jimmy Carter did? What is Obama's plan? Will he show strength or will he offer a Cut and Run strategy? He is already saying that he will cave to the anti-military peace movement and pull the troops out 1 or 2 brigades a month until there is but a minute skeleton force left to protect embassy. How much will Iran respect us and think we are willing to stand up to them with something more than words? With the political spectrum as it is and his core followers, will he be able to return those brigades to the theater of operation in a timely manner?

You know Iran is perfectly well aware that the American military can, in Hillary's words "obliterate" them. You can do it without stationing half the American military in Iraq.

Yes, you can really fuck them good, withdraw and they'll still respect you in the morning.

Obama is going to be the same as all the rest. He's just another politician who will cuddle up to Israel just like the rest of them. It's what President's do, apparently.

Back