Pelosi: Golden Rule Should Apply to Terrorists!

We are not barbarians.

That's what the Japanese told the Americans before the Bataan death march...
I would prefer if we were not barbarians. Most U.S. citizens are not, I am certain of that. I would even go so far as to say our current leaders are not barbarians.

But our current leadership seems to believe the only way to defeat barbarians is by ACTING like barbarians. They are wrong. If one acts like a barbarian, what is it that makes one different from the real barbarians?

I would prefer if we were not barbarians. Most U.S. citizens are not, I am certain of that. I would even go so far as to say our current leaders are not barbarians.

But our current leadership seems to believe the only way to defeat barbarians is by ACTING like barbarians. They are wrong. If one acts like a barbarian, what is it that makes one different from the real barbarians?

No ... we are not barbarians...but if your only concept of war is Mash and Hogan's Heros....you better get a clue on reality and have a serious talk with a vet....
there is no 'nice' way to kill your enemy....there is no 'nice' way to kill. period.

No ... we are not barbarians...but if your only concept of war is Mash and Hogan's Heros....you better get a clue on reality and have a serious talk with a vet....
there is no 'nice' way to kill your enemy....there is no 'nice' way to kill. period.

Yeah shooting them quickly in the heart is just as bad as drawing and quartering. Good equivalency there.

After three tours in Viet Nam, I think I have a handle on what war means. I have a hell of lot better grasp on warfare than those whose experience is limited to Halo II.

Like I said, if we want to KILL captured terrorists, then hold a military tribunal and do it right.

There is still no excuse for mistreating POWs. Barbarians mistreat their prisoners. Civilized nations treat them humanely and return them to their homes when the conflict is over.

Back