Perfect description of Trump!

Ross Dolan

Contributor
Just read this in my Quora feed. So good I decided to share it. Hope you all enjoy it.

Tony’s Think Tank ·
Follow
Posted by
Tony Scott

This is probably the best description of Trump ever written…
Nate White, a British writer penned the best description of Donald Trump I’ve ever read:

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?”

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

Just read this in my Quora feed. So good I decided to share it. Hope you all enjoy it.

Tony’s Think Tank ·
Follow
Posted by
Tony Scott

Nate White, a British writer penned the best description of Donald Trump I’ve ever read:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

That a very good description of Trump too?!! I especially like this: God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.:good4u:

Tony’s Think Tank ·
Follow
Posted by
Tony Scott

Okay, I can agree with most of that. Trump is a troll. He's an asshole. He's the sort of boss you hate, but have to admit does get things done.

On the other hand, Obama is the nice guy that finishes last when put in charge. He does nothing useful, but everybody likes him. That's been Obama's whole life. He did nothing as president of the Harvard Law Review. As an Illinois state senator, he mostly voted 'present' and did nothing. His few attempts at 'community organizing' ended in failure before they really began. As a US senator, same thing. Nothing to show for it.
As President, he did little useful to move the country forward.

He did get a Nobel Peace Prize that most committee members now deeply regret giving him because they think in retrospect it was totally undeserved.

But he was a nice guy.

Trump is a total asshole. But he does get things done. You, and I, can hate the guy, but you can't fault him for not being the boss and getting shit done.

Okay, I can agree with most of that. Trump is a troll. He's an asshole. He's the sort of boss you hate, but have to admit does get things done.

On the other hand, Obama is the nice guy that finishes last when put in charge. He does nothing useful, but everybody likes him. That's been Obama's whole life. He did nothing as president of the Harvard Law Review. As an Illinois state senator, he mostly voted 'present' and did nothing. His few attempts at 'community organizing' ended in failure before they really began. As a US senator, same thing. Nothing to show for it.

He did get a Nobel Peace Prize that most committee members now deeply regret giving him because they think in retrospect it was totally undeserved.

But he was a nice guy.

Trump is a total asshole. But he does get things done. You, and I, can hate the guy, but you can't fault him for not being the boss and getting shit done.

You are strange. Obama came in facing a 2nd great depression from Bush's Republican politics. It took time, but Obama got the economy back on its feet and handed Trump a vibrant and growing economy. Trump fucked it all up and now Biden is fixing Trump's mess.

You are strange. Obama came in facing a 2nd great depression from Bush's Republican politics. It took time, but Obama got the economy back on its feet and handed Trump a vibrant and growing economy. Trump fucked it all up and now Biden is fixing Trump's mess.

The Obama economy limped along like the Biden economy. Recessions and depressions in the economy occur at irregular but finite intervals and will recover regardless of what government does short of the government taking the economy over. That is, government can only prolong and exacerbate a recession or depression, it can't fix it or stop it.

Obama did nothing, Biden has done nothing to "fix" the economy. In Biden's case he's only made things worse with profligate spending and borrowing. Sooner or later, the bill will come due, and we will suffer another recession or depression. Biden fucked the economy up with massive borrowing on top of Trump's borrowing. At least Trump had a marginal reason for it--the shutdown of much of the economy for Chinese Disease. In Biden's case, his radical Leftist handlers and minions simply wanted to impose their insane, asinine, New Green Deal on America covering it with complete misnomers like "Inflation Reduction Act" that did the exact opposite of what it was labeled.

Of course, once the disaster of that spending quickly became apparent they backed off on continued mass borrowing and spending to let things settle down. Even now, inflation is still running about double what it was before Biden, even if that is down from a high of about 5 to 9 times greater like it was during Biden's first, roughly, 18 months in office.

…“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?”

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

Quite an accurate description

Thanks
Ditto. Very accurate.

Okay, I can agree with most of that. Trump is a troll. He's an asshole. He's the sort of boss you hate, but have to admit does get things done….

No, he doesn’t. Like his claims of being a great ladies man and great businessman, he’s well over 90% bullshit. Claiming isn’t the same as doing.

The Obama economy limped along like the Biden economy. Recessions and depressions in the economy occur at irregular but finite intervals and will recover regardless of what government does short of the government taking the economy over. That is, government can only prolong and exacerbate a recession or depression, it can't fix it or stop it.

Obama did nothing, Biden has done nothing to "fix" the economy. In Biden's case he's only made things worse with profligate spending and borrowing. Sooner or later, the bill will come due, and we will suffer another recession or depression. Biden fucked the economy up with massive borrowing on top of Trump's borrowing. At least Trump had a marginal reason for it--the shutdown of much of the economy for Chinese Disease. In Biden's case, his radical Leftist handlers and minions simply wanted to impose their insane, asinine, New Green Deal on America covering it with complete misnomers like "Inflation Reduction Act" that did the exact opposite of what it was labeled.

Of course, once the disaster of that spending quickly became apparent they backed off on continued mass borrowing and spending to let things settle down. Even now, inflation is still running about double what it was before Biden, even if that is down from a high of about 5 to 9 times greater like it was during Biden's first, roughly, 18 months in office.

None of that is true, not only did Obama guide the country thru a historical recession, while at the same time passing a national health care plan that had been a goal of every President since T Roosevelt. There is a reason Obama ranks high with history

And Biden, in just two years, has legislative accomplishments even Trump promised and never came close to attaining, the infrastructure bill and Chips Act being but a few

Put perfectly:

“Trump lacks certain qualities …….. for instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace”

Might want to add, lacks any sense of ethics and honesty

None of that is true, not only did Obama guide the country thru a historical recession, while at the same time passing a national health care plan that had been a goal of every President since T Roosevelt. There is a reason Obama ranks high with history

And Biden, in just two years, has legislative accomplishments even Trump promised and never came close to attaining, the infrastructure bill and Chips Act being but a few

Obamacare did NOTHING but add a layer of bureaucracy and cost onto an existing system. The same number of people that were uninsured before it were and are uninsured afterwards. It wasn't even a "national healthcare" plan. Obamacare simply federalized individual health insurance plans to a degree while trying to wrangle states into expanding Medicaid coverage.
The rollout was an unmitigated disaster and what followed was nothing short of an onerous economic burden that accomplished nothing. The most onerous part was the--now repealed--tax penalty for not having health insurance.

The Obama economy limped along. It was nothing special, and the recession ended not because of anything you can point to that Obama or his administration did to fix it.

Trump, in turn, had a very similar economy up until Chinese Disease hit.

But he was a nice guy.

Well, let's hear what you think Trump actually did to help America, and see if we all agree that was something substantial to most Americans.

But, please make a list of his contributions in your eyes and thoughts!

I mean, even a seriously broken clock is right twice a day Right?

I am not willing to say, that Trump accomplished nothing positive, but let's hear what you think he did was good.

Thanks.

Obamacare did NOTHING but add a layer of bureaucracy and cost onto an existing system. The same number of people that were uninsured before it were and are uninsured afterwards. It wasn't even a "national healthcare" plan. Obamacare simply federalized individual health insurance plans to a degree while trying to wrangle states into expanding Medicaid coverage.
The rollout was an unmitigated disaster and what followed was nothing short of an onerous economic burden that accomplished nothing. The most onerous part was the--now repealed--tax penalty for not having health insurance.

The Obama economy limped along. It was nothing special, and the recession ended not because of anything you can point to that Obama or his administration did to fix it.

Trump, in turn, had a very similar economy up until Chinese Disease hit.

If you ever wonder what so many laugh at your posts, one like this is why.
The ACA allowed Medicaid expansion permitting more people to get medical coverage.
Created healthcare exchanges that allowed businesses and people to shop for the right coverage and better rates.
Eliminated refusal and higher premiums for pre-existing conditions
Allowed young adults \to stay on parent's policies until age 26
Forced insurance companies to spend a specified percentage of premiums on delivering healthcare.
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/re...ss to healthcare,improved the quality of care. There is a lot more including free clinics.

If you ever wonder what so many laugh at your posts, one like this is why.
The ACA allowed Medicaid expansion permitting more people to get medical coverage.
Created healthcare exchanges that allowed businesses and people to shop for the right coverage and better rates.
Eliminated refusal and higher premiums for pre-existing conditions
Allowed young adults \to stay on parent's policies until age 26
Forced insurance companies to spend a specified percentage of premiums on delivering healthcare.
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/re...ss to healthcare,improved the quality of care. There is a lot more including free clinics.

No, Obamacare raised insurance rates substantially. These might have been subsidized, but somebody still had to pay the full bill. Shifting that from individuals to taxpayers as a whole isn't solving anything, it is simply punishing everyone for the idiocy of increasing government socialism.

11 Years Of ACA/ObamaCare, 11 Years Of Rising Costs
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...are-11-years-of-rising-costs/?sh=34cd11fabd25

Obamacare Has Doubled the Cost of Individual Health Insurance
https://www.heritage.org/health-car...-doubled-the-cost-individual-health-insurance

Did Obamacare Make Premiums Go Up?
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/071415/did-obamacare-make-premiums-go.asp
(Hint: The answer is yes, massively)

By 2016, the number of people without health insurance had decreased to a low of 28.6 million but has since ticked up. New enrollment, largely resulting from the expansion in Medicaid eligibility, drove more than 50 percent of coverage gains.
https://www.commonwealthfund.org/pu...t-10-years-effect-health-care-coverage-access

(In other words, it greatly increased the burden on taxpayers)

Fourteen Reasons to Let The Expanded Obamacare Subsidies Expire
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...d-obamacare-subsidies-expire/?sh=67429e326cba

In a nutshell:

Subsidies that were supposed to be temporary are now permanent and growing. Most of the public cost of Obamacare is expanded Medicaid that is 100% taxpayer driven. The cost of the whole system is rising rapidly with taxes making up most of the subsidy funding, not plans paying in as planned. The average taxpayer subsidy per plan (not Medicaid) in 2022 was about $17,000 per person enrolled.

Dems weigh new plan to defuse Obamacare subsidy bomb
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/24/obamacare-subsidies-congress-democrats-00042171

Even the Democrats recognize Obamacare is unaffordable in the long run.

Billions of taxpayer dollars later, Obamacare’s still unaffordable
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...bamacares-still-unaffordable/#google_vignette

Quality socialized medicine is has proven, repeatedly, to be unaffordable to any nation.

But he was a nice guy.

Not sure what you think he "got done", but nothing worthwhile, as far as I am concerned.

Quite an accurate description
Considering only the official duties as President, was Donald Trump the best President the US ever had? I didn't see that in the description anywhere. If we were to not consider tweets, campaign ads or personal affairs. how did Trump fall short of "best President EV-AH"?

For brevity, just give me the top five specific items.

Frank Apisa has Honestophobia

And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
Is this true? ... or did Trump fill millions of people with hope and merriment every time he held a rally? Hmmmmmmm.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever.
Obviously this is not a description of Trump.

Is this true? ... or did Trump fill millions of people with hope and merriment every time he held a rally? Hmmmmmmm.

Obviously this is not a description of Trump.
The only people Pedo Don give hope and merriment to are White Supremacist dumbasses and the mentally ill.

Back