Philosphy, free will, and the absence of Religious authority

None of these are democracies. Power is not invested in the people (either directly or indirectly), but in a constitution. The United States, France,Australia, and Sweden are republics. They have a constitution. Great Britain and Canada are oligarchies, they are neither a democracy nor a republic. They have no constitution.

The opinion and feelings of an obscure rightwing message board poster are inconsequential, wholly without merit, and irrelevant.

You can beg me to accept your opinion that the United States and western Europe are not democracies all you want. But I put zero stock in your opinion. It's actually not even your opinion, I am sure it is something you heard on Limbaugh or in the wingnutosphere.

The long standing fact, and the virtually universally accepted fact is that the countries of western Europe, U.S. Canada are representative democracies. Word parsing and word smithing (aka, constitutional monarchies, democratic republics, etc.) do not obscure that essential fact. Period, end of story.

Not even worth debating.

The opinion and feelings of an obscure rightwing message board poster are inconsequential, wholly without merit, and irrelevant.

You can beg me to accept your opinion that the United States and western Europe are not democracies all you want. But I put zero stock in your opinion. It's actually not even your opinion, I am sure it is something you heard on Limbaugh or in the wingnutosphere.

The long standing fact, and the virtually universally accepted fact is that the countries of western Europe, U.S. Canada are representative democracies. Word parsing and word smithing (aka, constitutional monarchies, democratic republics, etc.) do not obscure that essential fact. Period, end of story.

Not even worth debating.

'zacly!

Not even worth debating.

You're obscure too. And from what I've seen not well educated.

Rome was at its greatest when it was at its most debauched and pagan.
Pagan it was, but it was not debauched. That came later with the dictators.
Rome fell from power almost immediately upon Christianity's ascendance.
No. It fell from within cause by the damage from the dictators.
Those are the facts.
Not facts. Arguments. Learn what a 'fact' is.
If you want to pretend you know that is coincidence...go for it.
Not even a coincidence. It didn't happen at the same time.

Oh...and when Christianity ascended in Europe...

...Europe descended into a period of retrogression referred to as The Dark Ages.

700 years of science, law, and philosophy being flushed down the toilet.

Not from Christianity. Christianity turned away from Europe during that time. They shut themselves away in monasteries. Those things were built like forts...to keep the rot of the Dark Ages OUT.

Not even worth debating.

Argument of the stone fallacy. I've already described where the terms 'republic' and 'democracy' come from. I didn't invent their meaning. You are simply ignoring them.

Pagan it was, but it was not debauched. That came later with the dictators.

During its mightiest...Rome WAS at it most debauched. A large part of the time Rome at it mightiest...IT WAS RULED BY EMPERORS...the "dictators." It was mighty as a "republic" and as an "empire."

Jesus H. Christ, you are stupid...and you are uninformed about Roman history. But no problem...because you are uninformed generally.

No. It fell from within cause by the damage from the dictators.

The "dictators" lasted for 300 years...LONGER THAN AMERICA HAS EXISTED.

Christianity was declared the official religion...and Rome fell from power with a few decades. Christianity came into power...and the entire of Europe plunged into the Dark Ages.

Wake the fuck up. You are embarrassing yourself.

Not facts. Arguments. Learn what a 'fact' is.

I know what a fact is, Asshole. And most of what I have posted is FACT.

Yeah, there are some conclusions drawn...but they are appropriate conclusions.

Not even a coincidence. It didn't happen at the same time.

Now you are just trying to be stupid.

No need.

It is a natural trait with you.

Not from Christianity. Christianity turned away from Europe during that time. They shut themselves away in monasteries. Those things were built like forts...to keep the rot of the Dark Ages OUT.

You do not know what you are talking about. And you are doing a lousy job of making shit up.

You do not know what you are talking about. And you are doing a lousy job of making shit up.

Good point.
I cannot have this level of abject ignorance on my threads.
I am going to have to add another dunce to my ban list of racists, dummies, liars, bigots, libelers, and trolls.

Thank you for your lucid observations on the Roman empire.
You would be actually surprised at how infrequent it is to run across erudite posters on the interwebs, and especially jpp dot com!

During its mightiest...Rome WAS at it most debauched. A large part of the time Rome at it mightiest...IT WAS RULED BY EMPERORS...the "dictators." It was mighty as a "republic" and as an "empire."
Rome was a republic. It had a constitution. That lasted until Sulla, the first dictator of Rome.
Jesus H. Christ, you are stupid...and you are uninformed about Roman history. But no problem...because you are uninformed generally.
Inversion fallacy.
The "dictators" lasted for 300 years...LONGER THAN AMERICA HAS EXISTED.
Longer than that! More like 600 years. About 500 years longer than when Christianity came to Rome. Rome didn't fall in a few decades after Christianity came to Rome! The seeds of Rome's destruction was the abandonment of their constitution in favor of dictatorship. Because of the greatness that WAS Rome, it took many centuries for the destruction to finally come about, long AFTER Christianity came to Rome.
Christianity was declared the official religion...and Rome fell from power with a few decades. Christianity came into power...and the entire of Europe plunged into the Dark Ages.
It was NOT declared the official religion. It was declared a 'tolerated' religion. Big difference.
I know what a fact is, Asshole. And most of what I have posted is FACT.
...deleted insult fallacies...
WRONG. A 'fact' is not a Universal Truth. A is an assumed predicate. Once anyone disagrees with that predicate, it ceases to be a fact. It becomes an argument. Facts do not even need to be True. You can even have facts about fiction. Those who read and enjoy J.R.R Tolkien's "Lord of the Ring" series, generally agree on the fact that hobbits have hairy feet. That IS a fact. It is a fact about a fictional race.

Good point.
I cannot have this level of abject ignorance on my threads.
I am going to have to add another dunce to my ban list of racists, dummies, liars, bigots, libelers, and trolls.

Thank you for your lucid observations on the Roman empire.
You would be actually surprised at how infrequent it is to run across erudite posters on the interwebs, and especially jpp dot com!

Ah. Another believer of free speech I see.

Rome was a republic. It had a constitution. That lasted until Sulla, the first dictator of Rome.

Sorry, Dickhead...but "dictators" were appointed the entire of the Roman Republic times. So stop pretending you know stuff that is not so.

Inversion fallacy.

Horseshit fallacy...on your part.

Longer than that! More like 600 years. About 500 years longer than when Christianity came to Rome. Rome didn't fall in a few decades after Christianity came to Rome! The seeds of Rome's destruction was the abandonment of their constitution in favor of dictatorship. Because of the greatness that WAS Rome, it took many centuries for the destruction to finally come about, long AFTER Christianity came to Rome.

You really are a jerkoff.

Here is what I wrote:

YOU give us the date that Christianity was declared the official religion...and when you suppose Rome fell.

It was decades...NOT CENTURIES.

It was NOT declared the official religion. It was declared a 'tolerated' religion. Big difference.

IN 323 it BECAME THE OFFICIAL RELIGION OF ROME.

Stop with the bullshit.

You are not up to it...not nearly bright enough.

WRONG. A 'fact' is not a Universal Truth. A is an assumed predicate. Once anyone disagrees with that predicate, it ceases to be a fact. It becomes an argument. Facts do not even need to be True. You can even have facts about fiction. Those who read and enjoy J.R.R Tolkien's "Lord of the Ring" series, generally agree on the fact that hobbits have hairy feet. That IS a fact. It is a fact about a fictional race.

You truly are poor at this.

I never said it was a Universal Truth.

Wake up Jerkoff.

Take a good look at the christian we just put on the US Supreme Kangaroo Court.

Pass.

That's not a spiritual path to anywhere.

...deleted insults...but "dictators" were appointed the entire of the Roman Republic times. So stop pretending you know stuff that is not so.
You must be reading Wikipedia. Not a valid source. I discard reference to it on sight. Their articles are too often badly written, incomplete, or just plain wrong.
These 'dictators' were not. They were officials of limited power and scope. Sulla was the first dictator of Rome. At that time Rome ceased to be a republic.
...deleted insults...
YOU give us the date that Christianity was declared the official religion...and when you suppose Rome fell.
Already did. Pay attention.
It was decades...NOT CENTURIES.
It was centuries.
IN 323 it BECAME THE OFFICIAL RELIGION OF ROME.
Did you know that 323 is three hundred and twenty three years AFTER religion came to Rome??
...deleted insults..
re: 'fact'
I never said it was a Universal Truth.
...deleted insults...
No, but you used it as one. Learn what a 'fact' is.

You must be reading Wikipedia. Not a valid source. I discard reference to it on sight. Their articles are too often badly written, incomplete, or just plain wrong.
These 'dictators' were not. They were officials of limited power and scope. Sulla was the first dictator of Rome. At that time Rome ceased to be a republic.

Rome was a republic until Augustus became emperor.

Dictators were regularly elected in ancient Rome.

YOU do not know what you are talking about.

Already did. Pay attention.

Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire in 323.

The fall of Rome is considered by historians to be about 400 AD...although the steep decline is dated to the mid 300 Ad.

It was centuries.

It was decades.

Did you know that 323 is three hundred and twenty three years AFTER religion came to Rome??

Religion came to Rome at its founding, moron.

Christianity did not even exist until the reign of Tiberius AT THE VERY EARLIEST. Tiberius reigned from 14 to 37 AD. It came in the sewers to Rome...BUT was not the official religion until 323 AD.

No, but you used it as one. Learn what a 'fact' is.

I never used the term...and I never inferred it.

Back to school, child. You are doing yourself no good here with adults.

Rome was a republic until Augustus became emperor.

Dictators were regularly elected in ancient Rome.

YOU do not know what you are talking about.

Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire in 323.

The fall of Rome is considered by historians to be about 400 AD...although the steep decline is dated to the mid 300 Ad.

It was decades.

Religion came to Rome at its founding, moron.

Christianity did not even exist until the reign of Tiberius AT THE VERY EARLIEST. Tiberius reigned from 14 to 37 AD. It came in the sewers to Rome...BUT was not the official religion until 323 AD.

I never used the term...and I never inferred it.

Back to school, child. You are doing yourself no good here with adults.

Holy smoke.
I have to commend you for your erudition. Particularly with respect to the Roman Empire.

You would be actually surprised at how potent jpp dot com is at attracting hordes of nincompoops, dummies, and liars. Like pig shit does to flies.

You have inspired me to take an online course on the Roman Empire, something I have been meaning to do - but the scope of your knowledge concerning it puts in right on my radar screen!

Holy smoke.
I have to commend you for your erudition. Particularly with respect to the Roman Empire.

You would be actually surprised at how potent jpp dot com is at attracting hordes of nincompoops, dummies, and liars. Like pig shit does to flies.

You have inspired me to take an online course on the Roman Empire, something I have been meaning to do - but the scope of your knowledge concerning it puts in right on my radar screen!

Thanks, Cypress.

I have read dozens of non-fiction books on the Roman Era..and most have delighted. The history of Rome is amazing...and considering the totality of its existence was more than double what America has existed...it give one pause before being too sure of ourselves.

I was luck enough to witness some excavations in Pompeii...and some Roman digs in southern England.

Even Roman fiction can enthrall. Good luck with it.

Back