Pinheads Frustrated Cons Aren't Crawling in Hole!

You'll have to forgive Mary. She is getting so contrary, but it's not her fault you see.

Again, his opinion is based on his experience, as the opinion of all people are, you tell him to deny his experience in place of the expectation to be treated better.

I'm sure you would be treated better in the USSR at the beginning if you constantly told Lenin how right he was, even if it was not your experience, but that doesn't change what Lenin was or did, it solely changed how you were treated.

If his experience shows something different than yours, match it with your own experience. We call that a conversation.

Instead you advised he ignore what he believes he has seen because he would be treated better because of it.

If you believed something to be true, regardless of how you are treated because of it, would you be brave enough to tell that truth to others, or would you just maintain how you are treated is the measure of "truth" and cave to their demands to be told what they want to hear?

Again, his opinion is based on his experience, as the opinion of all people are, you tell him to deny his experience in place of the expectation to be treated better.

I'm sure you would be treated better in the USSR at the beginning if you constantly told Lenin how right he was, even if it was not your experience, but that doesn't change what Lenin was or did, it solely changed how you were treated.

If his experience shows something different than yours, match it with your own experience. We call that a conversation.

Instead you advised he ignore what he believes he has seen because he would be treated better because of it.

If you believed something to be true, regardless of how you are treated because of it, would you be brave enough to tell that truth to others, or would you just maintain how you are treated is the measure of "truth" and cave to their demands to be told what they want to hear?

That's an awful lot of words you're using to defend his fallacies. If his opinion is based on his experience, by definition that limits "liberals" only to those he knows, not every liberal. He doesn't know me and if he's projecting his experiences onto me, it's a sweeping generalization.

When he implies that all liberals use the term "fetus" instead of unborn, it's another generalization. When he calls me a "pinhead" and tries to claim I'm one of those liberals who do what he hates, it's a generalization plus an ad hominem attack.

No, his experiences with liberals don't match mine. Also, the
right-wing rhetoric I read on message boards doesn't match my experiences with most of the conservatives I know in the real world, either. I'm sure if Asshat and I were neighbors we'd get along famously, just as I do with the Alan Keyes-supporting neighbor on one side of me, the McCain-supporting neighbor on the other, and the bu$h diehard who lives down the street.

IMO the best conversations take place when attacks and name-calling are non-existent, but maybe that's just my liberal bleeding heart talking. :D

Is it time for all the newbies here to see Dixies I love George Bush in bluejeans post?
I mean they need to understand where the rest of us are coming from in regards to Dixie.

Please, no! We all saw the gag-worthy film and photos of gwb in a flight suit and still haven't recovered from that horror. :)

I'm not angry at all; I'm actually exceedingly happy with how things are going.

As for conservatives getting out there & making their voices heard, it's a treat, especially w/ the "new" faces of the right - Palin, and that nutty lady from MN, among others. It's especially great because they're so powerless.

All in all, two very enthusiastic thumbs up! Things couldn't be better...

That's an awful lot of words you're using to defend his fallacies. If his opinion is based on his experience, by definition that limits "liberals" only to those he knows, not every liberal. He doesn't know me and if he's projecting his experiences onto me, it's a sweeping generalization.

When he implies that all liberals use the term "fetus" instead of unborn, it's another generalization. When he calls me a "pinhead" and tries to claim I'm one of those liberals who do what he hates, it's a generalization plus an ad hominem attack.

No, his experiences with liberals don't match mine. Also, the
right-wing rhetoric I read on message boards doesn't match my experiences with most of the conservatives I know in the real world, either. I'm sure if Asshat and I were neighbors we'd get along famously, just as I do with the Alan Keyes-supporting neighbor on one side of me, the McCain-supporting neighbor on the other, and the bu$h diehard who lives down the street.

IMO the best conversations take place when attacks and name-calling are non-existent, but maybe that's just my liberal bleeding heart talking. :D
The fallacy is the expectation that another deny their experience in order to become treated "better" by yourself and other "liberals" would somehow be the "truth".

Truth in such cases is based on opinion, again. Match with your own experience rather than ordering him to follow your agenda and you'll have a conversation, instead you opened your mouth and proved, to him, his experience correct.

Personally I don't find liberals to be the same as he does in his experience, but I do not invalidate his opinion or experience with orders to do as I say or threats of poor treatment if he does not.

Back