Pink to Give Away Banned Books at Florida Tour Stops

e7EFoDg.jpg

Yes, when it comes to posting lies Top is the champ.

Here's the thing.

My kids had virtually no censorship at all growing up.

My son settled for Magna Cum Laude, but my daughter graduated uni Summa.
[ If it weren't for those home DNA tests that are popular now, I wouldn't believe that they were ours.]

I don't know what crackers think that they're accomplishing with censorship,
but I assume that they just want to keep the idiot tradition going.

Here's the thing.

[ If it weren't for those home DNA tests that are popular now, I wouldn't believe that they were ours.]

What "censorship" are you concerned about?

And "Mary Trump's tell-all book will be in the dollar bin in a week, Kaep will go broke, the Red Hen Restaurant is going out of business." -- Nostradumbass TOP

:laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

So Top claims to be a retired school teacher, I just can't help but to wonder where she got her education.

What "censorship" are you concerned about?

The DeSantis / Abbott-type censorship that's stifling academic freedom in red states.

The effort is to stifle progressive thought in schools in order to preserve reactionary mindsets
which anti-intellectuals find so comforting.

I personally find it to be child abuse.

If the crackers want their kids to grow up like themselves,
that's undeniably abusive.

The DeSantis / Abbott-type censorship that's stifling academic freedom in red states.

The effort is to stifle progressive thought in schools in order to preserve reactionary mindsets
which anti-intellectuals find so comforting.

I personally find it to be child abuse.

If the crackers want their kids to grow up like themselves,
that's undeniably abusive.

That's what I'm asking... what specific censorships would that be? I'm in a "Red State" and I don't see any problems i have family in Florida and they're not experiencing any problems....

That's what I'm asking... what specific censorships would that be? I'm in a "Red State" and I don't see any problems i have family in Florida and they're not experiencing any problems....

Ohio isn't a red state

You're not experiencing problems because you have state governments compatible with your conservative views.

Still, TOP, if you don't acknowledge that DeSantis is pushing a political agenda through the public schools, are you really being honest?

Teaching "creationism" as a theory is ok,
despite its theocratic and totally unscientific implications.
Presenting CRT as just one social perspective is not.

Presenting ANYTHING critical of traditional but reactionary values
that are being challenged by some academics today
shall not be allowed.

Restricting the vistas of a child's mind is child abuse.
That's as well as I can explain it.

You're not experiencing problems because you have state governments compatible with your conservative views.

Still, TOP, if you don't acknowledge that DeSantis is pushing a political agenda through the public schools, are you really being honest?

Teaching "creationism" as a theory is ok,
despite its theocratic and totally unscientific implications.
Presenting CRT as just one social perspective is not.

Presenting ANYTHING critical of traditional but reactionary values
that are being challenged by some academics today
shall not be allowed.

Restricting the vistas of a child's mind is child abuse.
That's as well as I can explain it.

My niece and nephew are in Florida schools and they're not having any problems at all... no one is being restricted there and no one is being restricted here... no political agendas are being pushed... not any conservative ones at least... (.... some people actually got in trouble years ago for suggesting that teachers might be doing that ... at the special Story by the way ... one that actually got an apology ...)you do have to be a girl to swim on the girls swim team though...;) unless you're directly involved with the schools it's pretty hard to know what's going on... don't believe what you hear in the news...

My niece and nephew are in Florida schools and they're not having any problems at all... no one is being restricted there and no one is being restricted here... no political agendas are being pushed... not any conservative ones at least... (.... some people actually got in trouble years ago for suggesting that teachers might be doing that ... at the special Story by the way ... one that actually got an apology ...)you do have to be a girl to swim on the girls swim team though...;) unless you're directly involved with the schools it's pretty hard to know what's going on... don't believe what you hear in the news...

I've supported your sports issue from the beginning, TOP.

It's not in the top one hundred things on my priority list
because I'm a former professional athlete
and have an inside perspective as to how unimportant sports are
relative to issues on the earlier pages of the newspaper.

Still, I've agreed on the transgendered in sports issue from the start, I'm sure you'll recall.

It's hard to believe we have book bans in the country?!!

[FONT=&]Pink announced Monday she plans to hand out 2,000 banned books during her four concert dates in Florida. “Books have held a special joy for me from the time I was a child, and that’s why I am unwilling to stand by and watch while books are banned by schools,” she said in a press release.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The three-time Grammy-winning singer announced her collaboration with the national free speech organization PEN America during an Instagram Live with Amanda Gorman, the youngest inaugural poet in the U.S. Pink will also work with bookseller Books & Books to distribute four books from PEN America’s Index of Banned Books: Todd Parr’s “The Family Book,” Gorman’s “The Hill We Climb,” Toni Morrison’s “Beloved,” and Stacia Deutsch’s “Girls Who Code.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Florida leads the country in book bans. In a study during the 2022 to 2023 school year, PEN America recorded more than 3,300 book bans across the U.S., a 33% jump from the previous school year. Of those books, 40% of the bans occur in Florida school districts, with 1,406 books off the shelf. Texas placed second with 625 bans. Book bans most often target female authors, LGBTQ authors, and authors of color. For example, the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, backed by Florida governor and presidential candidate Ron Desantis, prohibits K-12 teachers from discussing sexuality and gender identity in schools.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“It’s especially hateful to see authorities take aim at books about race and racism and against LGBTQ authors and those of color,” Pink added in her statement.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The pop singer has planned performances in Miami and Sunrise, Florida, on Nov. 13 and 14, and two shows in Orlando on Nov. 18 and 19 to close out her Trustfall tour. She will hand out books on Florida’s banned list at each show.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“We have made so many strides toward equality in this country and no one should want to see this progress reversed,” Pink said.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pink-away-banned-books-florida-191600973.html
[/FONT]

image-60.png

image-57.png

Did they arrest her?

I've supported your sports issue from the beginning, TOP.

It's not in the top one hundred things on my priority list
because I'm a former professional athlete
and have an inside perspective as to how unimportant sports are
relative to issues on the earlier pages of the newspaper.

Still, I've agreed on the transgendered in sports issue from the start, I'm sure you'll recall.

I do recall and of course I appreciate that... Also keep in mind that I really am familiar with quite a number of different school systems and what's going on... our schools are all in trouble right now.... but it's not for the reasons that you might think... I know you don't want me to mention unions and the problems they've created so I won't...

Here's the thing.

It is harder to teach your children to hate and fear the same people that you hate and fear if they have access to educational materials that teach them that "those people" are just fine.

Given your age, which is very close to my own at 70, that would make your sibling roughly in her 60s, and her kids in their 30s or 40s, but you're claiming that she has kids young enough to be in public school? Or are you claiming that they're teachers?

You are, as always, wrong about what's going on in Red states because 1) you see nothing wrong with censorship and the promotion of bigotry, and 2) you refuse to access actual nonbiased news.

FL and TX are indeed pushing a conservative political agenda in their public schools. Although CRT is NOT taught at that grade level, they have passed laws not only forbidding it, they've also banished honors classes on African-American studies. They forbid corporate or school policies that mention racism either past or present -- in fact, the mention of *anything* that might upset the tender white snowflakes' feelz. Here, get one of the dogs to read this to you.

Florida bill to shield people from feeling ‘discomfort’ over historic actions by their race, nationality or gender approved by Senate committee

It's hard to believe we have book bans in the country?!!

Pink announced Monday she plans to hand out 2,000 banned books during her four concert dates in Florida. “Books have held a special joy for me from the time I was a child, and that’s why I am unwilling to stand by and watch while books are banned by schools,” she said in a press release.

The three-time Grammy-winning singer announced her collaboration with the national free speech organization PEN America during an Instagram Live with Amanda Gorman, the youngest inaugural poet in the U.S. Pink will also work with bookseller Books & Books to distribute four books from PEN America’s Index of Banned Books: Todd Parr’s “The Family Book,” Gorman’s “The Hill We Climb,” Toni Morrison’s “Beloved,” and Stacia Deutsch’s “Girls Who Code.”

Florida leads the country in book bans. In a study during the 2022 to 2023 school year, PEN America recorded more than 3,300 book bans across the U.S., a 33% jump from the previous school year. Of those books, 40% of the bans occur in Florida school districts, with 1,406 books off the shelf. Texas placed second with 625 bans. Book bans most often target female authors, LGBTQ authors, and authors of color. For example, the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, backed by Florida governor and presidential candidate Ron Desantis, prohibits K-12 teachers from discussing sexuality and gender identity in schools.

“It’s especially hateful to see authorities take aim at books about race and racism and against LGBTQ authors and those of color,” Pink added in her statement.

The pop singer has planned performances in Miami and Sunrise, Florida, on Nov. 13 and 14, and two shows in Orlando on Nov. 18 and 19 to close out her Trustfall tour. She will hand out books on Florida’s banned list at each show.

“We have made so many strides toward equality in this country and no one should want to see this progress reversed,” Pink said.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pink-away-banned-books-florida-191600973.html

image-60.png

image-57.png
I love Pink, she is a great performer, too.

Back