Pink to Give Away Banned Books at Florida Tour Stops

Nope. It is a theory (note its very name) taught in sociology majors, law majors, and in some universities, public health and poli-sci majors. Now, most rational people who believe in equal education for all Americans see no problem in assuring future teachers, social workers, attorneys, and public health workers that some groups in our country have been under-served in the past. We also see no problem in teaching that some minorities have had very different experiences than the majority when it comes to learning, access to education, health and health outcomes, the justice system, and so forth. After all, we expect our public school educators, social workers, etc. to serve *all* the children in their classrooms and clinics, not just certain groups.

If you have a problem with that, then you have a much bigger problem than a college students being exposed to the concepts found in CRT. Learn about what your masters want you to panic about, before hitting that panic button.

And, yet, another idiot chimes in... CRT is a theory that has been put into practice, just like say the Pythagoreion theorem. It is used as a pedagogy in education now.

Elective,. https://law.duke.edu/academics/course/504
You are not a college educator either. And you certainly are not keeping up with CRt which after your career ended.
I am not a college-educator... not something I ever wanted to do...;) I taught and coached Middle School and High School... and I can say with complete confidence that I've always been up to date with what's happening with "CRT"... before it even was CRT...lol Have you taken a "class"?

Can you give me an example of CRT as an elective... and please include the syllabus... (What truths in school are not being addressed? Are you an educator? And if not how are you aware of what's happening in the classrooms?)

Why? He already said that it is a law school elective. Do your own homework, "teacher," and stop handing it out to others.

If you'd actually gotten a degree yourself, you'd know that a JD is a post-grad course following the award of a BS degree. So why on Earth do you people think that CRT is being taught in public schools from K-12? Oh, that's right. You WANT to believe it because Fox told you so. :rolleyes:

You have never ever given any example of it being used in K-6 classrooms.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210705234008/https://ra.nea.org/business-item/2021-nbi-039/

The NEA will, with guidance on implementation from the NEA president and chairs of the Ethnic Minority Affairs Caucuses:

A. Share and publicize, through existing channels, information already available on critical race theory (CRT) -- what it is and what it is not; have a team of staffers for members who want to learn more and fight back against anti-CRT rhetoric; and share information with other NEA members as well as their community members.

B. Provide an already-created, in-depth, study that critiques empire, white supremacy, anti-Blackness, anti-Indigeneity, racism, patriarchy, cisheteropatriarchy, capitalism, ableism, anthropocentrism, and other forms of power and oppression at the intersections of our society, and that we oppose attempts to ban critical race theory and/or The 1619 Project.

There's plenty more where that came from.

CRT is widely used to develop lesson plans, curricula, textbooks, and other teaching materials for use in K to 12 education. The theory of CRT and how to apply it is not taught in K to 12 education.

It seems that few Leftists here can figure out the difference between it being taught as a theory and it being applied as one in education.

You must be seriously retarded... How many times do I have to repeat that it is used as a pedagogy, methodology, for developing lesson plans, curricula, textbooks, and other educational materials and methods for use in K to 12 education. CRT itself is not taught.

Can you even grasp the difference between it being taught and being used as a pedagogy? I guess not...

You can repeat a lie 10,000 times and it still won't become truth.

Why are you and the fake teacher so obsessed about it anyways? Is it going to harm little white kids to learn that some ppl were discriminated against (and some still are) because of their race? If we don't teach about that part of our past, will it magically go away?

You can repeat a lie 10,000 times and it still won't become truth.

Why are you and the fake teacher so obsessed about it anyways? Is it going to harm little white kids to learn that some ppl were discriminated against (and some still are) because of their race? If we don't teach about that part of our past, will it magically go away?

Because CRT teaches both lies and racism at its core. One of the more widely applied variants in lesson plans and curricula for K - 12 is to use The 1619 Project as a historical textbook. Using a work of fiction as a non-fiction history text is excretable. Another is to inject race into neutral subjects like math.

We began by asking our 18- to 20-year-old respondents (82.4 percent of whom reported attending public schools) whether they had ever been taught in class or heard about from an adult at school each of six concepts—four of which are central to critical race theory. The chart below, which displays the distribution of responses for each concept, shows that “been taught” is the modal response for all but one of the six concepts. For the CRT-related concepts, 62 percent reported either being taught in class or hearing from an adult in school that “America is a systemically racist country,” 69 percent reported being taught or hearing that “white people have white privilege,” 57 percent reported being taught or hearing that “white people have unconscious biases that negatively affect non-white people,” and 67 percent reported being taught or hearing that “America is built on stolen land.” The shares giving either response with respect to gender-related concepts are slightly lower, but still a majority. Fifty-three percent report they were either taught in class or heard from an adult at school that “America is a patriarchal society,” and 51 percent report being taught or hearing that “gender is an identity choice” regardless of biological sex.

critical-race-theory-being-taught-schools_figure-1.png

From a survey of K-12 schools and students by the Manhattan Institute.
https://www.city-journal.org/article/yes-critical-race-theory-is-being-taught-in-schools

CRT is widely USED as a methodology in K-12 education. No, CRT is not TAUGHT as a theory in K-12 education. Can you fucking grasp the difference?

Let me add to this that you likely cannot even explain how CRT works as a theory so you have no idea if it was being applied since you couldn't recognize it if it were.

Because CRT teaches both lies and racism at its core.

It does not. But now we finally get to the kernel of truth in the center of your hissy fit about CRT. You're afraid that learning that some groups in American history were marginalized and mistreated, and that some still are, will hurt little white kids' feelz. You're afraid that teachers, aware of the past, will play favorites with minority children over white children. You're afraid that when the day comes that we white ppl are no longer the majority, we'll be treated as we treated others. THAT'S why you're upset. At the core, you're racist.

Thanks for playing.

And yet still no example of said "methodology" being taught in K-6. :dunno:

Let's start with the comment I just made to Owl Woman:

Do you even know how CRT works? Do you grasp the theory behind it? If you can't do that, then you can't recognize that I have provided examples.

And yet still no example of said "methodology" being taught in K-6. :dunno:

And you'll never see it. At least he did admit that Florida's law banning CRT instruction in public schools K-12 is pointless and that it is not nor ever has been taught. It's nothing more than a sop to fearful white ppl who pray that they won't be replaced.

Let's start with the comment I just made to Owl Woman:

Do you even know how CRT works? Do you grasp the theory behind it? If you can't do that, then you can't recognize that I have provided examples.

No you did not. An example would be a lesson plan or the like. Or even a textbook.

It does not. But now we finally get to the kernel of truth in the center of your hissy fit about CRT. You're afraid that learning that some groups in American history were marginalized and mistreated, and that some still are, will hurt little white kids' feelz. You're afraid that teachers, aware of the past, will play favorites with minority children over white children. You're afraid that when the day comes that we white ppl are no longer the majority, we'll be treated as we treated others. THAT'S why you're upset. At the core, you're racist.

Thanks for playing.

Ah, so you toss ad hominem now hum? Run out of actual stuff to try and logically and factually attempt a rebuttal with hum? Well, that's par for the course.

Since you have no grasp of the concept of how CRT works, you couldn't possibly know whether it was being used or not. Instead, you are obviously parroting what various radical leftist sites and talking heads are saying as it were gospel truth.

facepalm.gif

Yes I have, you just don't understand how CRT works so you can't grasp what's been presented. Explain to me how CRT works as a theory.

You're the one who claimed to be an expert on CRT and that "methodology" is being used in K-12. I have not heard one single word about it elsewhere except from you and RWNJs.

Fictional stories for children about a heroic dog who goes around saving people, or a group of kind Muslims helping a neighbor whose house burned down, or a Black child who gets bullied by non-Black classmates, or a little Hispanic girl who saves a kitten from drowning, or a boy who has two dads -- they can all influence how the reader feels about dogs, Muslims, Blacks, Hispanics, gays. These are the kinds of books -- esp. the ones with the bullied Black kid and the boy with two dads -- that some RWNJs want banned.

I see your point.

My mind doesn't go straight to children's books
and I went to elementary school before such books were made available.

I can see where they'd be a good thing.
I wonder how all the liberals in Boston became liberal,
because we had nothing like that growing up.

The Irish and Italians were set up by Democratic Party bosses when they arrived,
registered as Democrats after getting help with citizenship, and also got help settling in.

But that was a totally different set of liberal issues back then.

Those were what came to be known as FDR Democrat issues in the decades that immediately followed
but on non-fiscal issues, the immigrants were still very conservative on social issues.

How the woke issues came to the forefront, I'm not sure,
but Boston still has a lot of socially conservative Democrats.

Still, we have a Chinese woman Mayor, a black woman Attorney General,
and a white lesbian Governor. It's a different kind of social conservatism.

You're the one who claimed to be an expert on CRT and that "methodology" is being used in K-12. I have not heard one single word about it elsewhere except from you and RWNJs.

I gave examples, you just can't grasp them because you clearly have no idea how CRT works.

I gave examples, you just can't grasp them because you clearly have no idea how CRT works.

Critical race theory (CRT) is an interdisciplinary academic field devoted to analysing how social and political laws and media shape (and are shaped by) social conceptions of race and ethnicity. CRT also considers racism to be systemic in various laws and rules, and not only based on individuals' prejudices.

Pretty easy to understand.

Back