PLEASE CHANGE

FACILITIES USED RETARD.

Doesn't say anything about churches being forced to marry gay people.

I.E. public buildings, used by the public, can't exclude gay people. Just like a church can't exclude black people.

it says nothing that a church itself would have to marry a gay couple. FUCKING bogtrotter, al qaeida supporter, terrorist hat

And you call me a retard!! What the fuck does nuptials mean?? You are so deperate to win that now you are going full on Snarla. Even your hero Rush Limpbow says so.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/rush-churches-could-be-forced-to-marry-gays/

Last edited:
I will say it again, because there appears to be a number of morons that cannot read English and have the attention span of well...the average American. I have absolutely no objections to gay marriage, but I do object to churches being forced to conduct such weddings. If they want to do so voluntarily, then all well and good. Grind appears to think that his precious Constitution will come to the rescue whilst I contend that some rapacious lawyers are just waiting to get their snouts in the trough. To think otherwise shows a touching innocence in one that most consider to be cynical beyond his years normally. I recall that there were many that were totally convinced that the Supreme Court would kick out Obamacare because it was unconsitutional, including Grind if I recall correctly.

I notice that Howey has kept very quiet on this, so I ask him the question. Howey, do you think that churches should be compelled to conduct gay marriage ceremonies?

Last edited:
I will say it again, because there appears to be a number of morons that cannot read English and have the attention span of well...the average American. I have absolutely no objections to gay marriage, but I do object to churches being forced to conduct such weddings. If they want to do so voluntarily, then all well and good. Grind appears to think that his precious Constitution will come to the rescue whilst I contend that some rapacious lawyers are just waiting to get their snouts in the trough. To think otherwise shows a touching innocence in one that most consider to be cynical beyond his years normally. I recall that there were many that were totally convinced that the Supreme Court would kick out Obamacare because it was unconsitutional, including Grind if I recall correctly.

I notice that Howey has kept very quiet on this, so I ask him the question. Howey, do you think that churches should be compelled to conduct gay marriage ceremonies?

they were not asked to perform the marriage, but to use their public facility (for pay) for a gay wedding and reception, just like any other member of the public

Several people have tried to explain it to you, but you apparently do not understand.

The church in the link rented its facilities out. To refuse to rent them out because of the sexual orientation of the rentors is discrimination. The church was not going to be forced to perform gay weddings. And if they did not rent their facilities out to make money (tax free, I might add) this would never have been an issue.

The linked article is about the rental of the church facilities, which they already rent out to nonmembers and even nonbelievers.

Several people have tried to explain it to you, but you apparently do not understand.

The church in the link rented its facilities out. To refuse to rent them out because of the sexual orientation of the rentors is discrimination. The church was not going to be forced to perform gay weddings. And if they did not rent their facilities out to make money (tax free, I might add) this would never have been an issue.

The linked article is about the rental of the church facilities, which they already rent out to nonmembers and even nonbelievers.

The point I am making is that it is the thin end of the wedge and churches will be compelled to perform gay marriages in due course, in one way or another. I just do not belive that militant gay pressure gruops will not rest until they get "true equality". Now I may be wrong but to dismiss it out of hand is total ignorance of how these things really work. I rest my case!!

Last edited:
Leftists have a natural aversion to such a song. Greenwood was trumpeting 9/11 long before it happened is the excuse - love of America is the cause.

For me it's the sappy lyrics and the implication that other countries don't enjoy freedom. "They can't take that away"... who's "they"?

"I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."

It's about equality. In the eyes of God all are equal, even sinners. God does not hate. If a straight couple can be married in a churchthen a gay people can.

After all, God would never disapprove of love between two human beings.

That said, any church that enjoys tax free status, should have that status removed if they don't follow the law of the land.

It's about equality. In the eyes of God all are equal, even sinners. God does not hate. If a straight couple can be married in a churchthen a gay people can.

That said, any church that enjoys tax free status, should have that status removed if they don't follow the law of the land.

The law of the land does not force any church to marry anybody. Again, if I were to go and ask the Catholics to marry me to my wife they'd tell me to go fly a kite, and rightfully so.

Now if they rent their basement to the public they'll just have to live with the equal access. My guess is they'd stop renting it out.

Ok Howie, I respect your honesty in stating that is the goal of LBGT groups. People like Grind does not get it and think that the First Amendment will stop churches beng coerced into allowing gay marriages.

The law of the land does not force any church to marry anybody. Again, if I were to go and ask the Catholics to marry me to my wife they'd tell me to go fly a kite, and rightfully so.

Now if they rent their basement to the public they'll just have to live with the equal access. My guess is they'd stop renting it out.

And what about if they lose their charitable status?

No. A church, or any religious organization, is allowed to believe and worship as they choose. If the church does not rent its facilities out to nonmembers or the public, they should have the right to refuse to marry anyone who does not follow their religious beliefs.

The first amendment also protects the free exercise of someone's religion.

Ok Howie, I respect your honesty in stating that is the goal of LBGT groups. People like Grind does not get it and think that the First Amendment will stop churches beng coerced into allowing gay marriages.

So now Howey speaks for LBGT groups?

Regardless, the same US Constitution that prevents religions from ruling also protects a religion's right to freely practice their faith.

For me it's the sappy lyrics and the implication that other countries don't enjoy freedom. "They can't take that away"... who's "they"?

"I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."

They, in many cases, would be you, meaning leftists.

So now Howey speaks for LBGT groups?

Regardless, the same US Constitution that prevents religions from ruling also protects a religion's right to freely practice their faith.

Well you seem to accept Darla as the spokeswoman for gender feminism, so what's wrong with Howie speaking for gays?

i cannot say that i am fond of it, but if you do not like it, do not listen to it

just as an aside, i have been following the amanda knox case and have added italy to the list of nations that i will not visit...along with most of the our south

i would rather live under our constitution even though there are prosecutors and law enforcement agencies here that may be just as bad, but once you can get your case out of their jurisdiction (very expensive) at least there is the possibility of legal redress

am i proud of our nation, mostly, but not always

am i a dim, no, but i prefer them (mostly) to the repugs

do i like obama, not always, but he stands head and shoulders over the repug offering of rummy

oh well

I like to look at the nation and times when songs like this are popular. This song came out in 1984, right after reagan invaded Grenada and stepped up the cold war with the USSR. In my mind it resonates with all the bad things our country does while trying to justify them as the right thing. It's a personal opinion not limited to this song only. And, I remember at the beginning of the Iraq war when it was being played and war supporters claimed that anyone who didn't like the war or the song was a terrorist supporter. So it never was associated with good memories for me.

Back