Political ad, looks like a Presidental Campaign ad to me....

Jarod

Contributor
I saw this commercial this morning on the West Palm Beach NBC morning news channel.

What are your thoughts on this ad?

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/jeb-bush-bobby-jindal-republicans-ad-105358.html

It seems to me an appeal to both the traditional Republicans and the TEA party Republicans to try to pretend to be both.

It also makes it clear to me that Jeb is throwing his hat into the ring for the Republican Presidential Nomination.

I find it Ironic that a Bush is pretending to be the face of "The NEW Republican".

Perhaps it looks like a Presidential Ad to you because your thought police have not told you what to think about the Ad?

I think its a slick marketing ploy to dress up a brand that has an image problem with regards to presidential politics.

You think that it is "slick" Counselor?

I'm thinking it is a party that has been impacted by the TEA movement and is re-setting it's message as a party that defends the Constitution and believes in the sound principles contained within it and which has real solutions instead of the imagined idealistic ones of the DNC.

You think that it is "slick" Counselor?

I'm thinking it is a party that has been impacted by the TEA movement and is re-setting it's message as a party that defends the Constitution and believes in the sound principles contained within it and which has real solutions instead of the imagined idealistic ones of the DNC.

I call it slick because they do not address any true issues, they just say things like, "yea yea we like the Constitution! and the flag, and apple pie!" It makes people feel good but it does actually say anything.

I call it slick because they do not address any true issues, they just say things like, "yea yea we like the Constitution! and the flag, and apple pie!" It makes people feel good but it does actually say anything.

So your argument is that "hope and change" is a substantive message, but things like school choice, free markets and limited Government are not Counselor? Fascinating.

I saw this commercial this morning on the West Palm Beach NBC morning news channel.

What are your thoughts on this ad?

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/jeb-bush-bobby-jindal-republicans-ad-105358.html

It seems to me an appeal to both the traditional Republicans and the TEA party Republicans to try to pretend to be both.

It also makes it clear to me that Jeb is throwing his hat into the ring for the Republican Presidential Nomination.

I find it Ironic that a Bush is pretending to be the face of "The NEW Republican".

I think Jeb is way to smart to say anything right now, that would allow the Dems to start their character assassination early.

I think Jeb is way to smart to say anything right now, that would allow the Dems to start their character assassination early.

It would not be smart for any candidate to say anything right now.

Are you suggesting that Democrats are the only party that attempts character assassination?

Are you suggesting that Democrats are the only party that attempts character assassination?

They certainly excel in that regard; are you claiming Romney wasn't subjected to a coordinated campaign to impugn his good character, vast experience and lifetime achievements for purely partisan purposes that avoided debating substance and Obama's record of failure?

They certainly excel in that regard; are you claiming Romney wasn't subjected to a coordinated campaign to impugn his good character, vast experience and lifetime achievements for purely partisan purposes that avoided debating substance and Obama's record of failure?

Romney was subjected to a coordinated campaign to impugn his character, experience and "achievements" for purely partisan purposes.
Also, Obama was subjected to a coordinated campaign to impugn his character, experience and achievements for purely partisan purposes.

The substance of Obama's record of success and failure was debated at length.

Also, Obama was subjected to a coordinated campaign to impugn his character, experience and achievements for purely partisan purposes.

The substance of Obama's record of success and failure was debated at length.

What RNC campaign was purely impugning Obama's character? Obama's record was seldom debated because the mainstream media, like Benghazi and the IRS scandals, didn't care; they were determined to drag Obama across the finish line regardless of his record of failure and massive deficits.

Isn’t it ironic that the same media that denounced the Bush deficits and efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan by publishing a daily list of the deaths and wounded, no longer cared about deficits or military deaths when Obama took over.

What RNC campaign was purely impugning Obama's character? Obama's record was seldom debated because the mainstream media, like Benghazi and the IRS scandals, didn't care; they were determined to drag Obama across the finish line regardless of his record of failure and massive deficits.

Isn’t it ironic that the same media that denounced the Bush deficits and efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan by publishing a daily list of the deaths and wounded, no longer cared about deficits or military deaths when Obama took over.

What RNC campaign was purely impugning Romney's character?

Back