Prayer protects Palin from witches

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
If anyone knows anything about the AOG then they understand this.......and it doesn't scare them. I think they are goofy and misguided in some of their "religious" ideas, but not dangerous.

Personal repsonsibility is not promoted in the AOG. Everyting bad is caused by satan and such.

Oh and you Thorn, you're a scientist! Forget about it you'd be weighted down with rocks to see if you could float in the first month!

We'd both be in trouble! Some years ago an acquaintance invited me to write a column (probably an arts column) for her local rural paper. My husband protested vehemently, "Don't do it -- you'll be shot!", thinking that somehow my liberal commie views in this regional epitome of staunch eyes-wide-shut conservatism would not be welcomed. :p

And just when I thought you had no more credibility to lose.
Please. If you can't see the difference between a guy up there accusing Hillary of crying, etc. and some visiting guy praying once to protect her from "witchcraft" then you seriously have had a hack attack of the highest order.

This might be disturbing to people on the left coast or right coast......moreso the right coast, I think. Believe me it is not disturbing to most folks in the middle. We have witnessed it many times. The people are misguided religiously, but not crazy nor apt to start burning people at the stake. The US of KKK A is much more disturbing to us.

This might be disturbing to people on the left coast or right coast......moreso the right coast, I think. Believe me it is not disturbing to most folks in the middle. We have witnessed it many times. The people are misguided religiously, but not crazy nor apt to start burning people at the stake. The US of KKK A is much more disturbing to us.
I agree. To most of those in the "flyover states" this is just standard fare. A visiting guy offers to give a blessing, you kneel and take it.

It really isn't going to have nearly the amount of shock value as Tom Palin's involvement in the AIP and we've already seen where that one went.

I agree. To most of those in the "flyover states" this is just standard fare. A visiting guy offers to give a blessing, you kneel and take it.

It really isn't going to have nearly the amount of shock value as Tom Palin's involvement in the AIP and we've already seen where that one went.

Yeah, no I get that in the "flyover states" it's different....if the person is white.

We'd both be in trouble! Some years ago an acquaintance invited me to write a column (probably an arts column) for her local rural paper. My husband protested vehemently, "Don't do it -- you'll be shot!", thinking that somehow my liberal commie views in this regional epitome of staunch eyes-wide-shut conservatism would not be welcomed. :p

LOL

Ah, back in the good old days when at least you knew you wouldn't be burned!

Remember, though, Damo, that she later publicly credited that episode/blessing/whatever as being the reason her bid for governor was successful. I saw that video as well.

Yeah, no I get that in the "flyover states" it's different....if the person is white.
It wouldn't matter about "white". If Obama's preacher spoke against witchcraft it would never have made news and certainly wouldn't have shocked people.

Again, I've seen it. This isn't anything new to people who regularly attend those kinds of churches. Being forced into going as a kid doesn't change that I see some guy praying to protect her from witchcraft as not very exciting at all.

Remember, though, Damo, that she later publicly credited that episode/blessing/whatever as being the reason her bid for governor was successful. I saw that video as well.
That has some interest value, but the people that have seen prayers like that are not going to be shocked by that. It isn't like protection against witchcraft is effective, nor is believing you have it dangerous.

It wouldn't matter about "white". If Obama's preacher spoke against witchcraft it would never have made news and certainly wouldn't have shocked people.

Again, I've seen it. This isn't anything new to people who regularly attend those kinds of churches. Being forced into going as a kid doesn't change that I see some guy praying to protect her from witchcraft as not very exciting at all.

Bingo damo. I can see this being a big deal in other parts of the country but not here. It is commonplace amongst the pentecostal type religions.

Are you serious?????

Her preacher laid his hands on her and chanted about witches. The same preacher who went to hunt down witches in Africa.

Are you even trying to get this bs to pass the smell test?

if her preacher were Rev Wright, her name was Obama, and she wasn't white?

Dont' even try it. Stay away.

And did this preacher say crazy newsworthy shit about America like us inventing the HIV virus? Was the preacher, Palin's personal preacher and someone she was very close to?

Who cares about this? It's a BIT funny though, but meh.

Actually, I have seen what a religious fervor can do. I know of a house that was burned because a pagan family lived there. It happened in a rural area of Alabama.

There are plenty of cases of religious discrimination against pagans, and this would certainly encourage that.

When Judge Roy Moore moved a monument of the 10 Coomandments into the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court and would not allow any other displays, he was acting on this kind of faith. He lost his court battle, but do you not think having Palin in the 2nd highest office in the country would effect this?

There have been businesses ruined, families who lost custody of children, and careers ended because of these modern day witch hunts.

I don't think its anything to be laughed at.

I think it shows a mindset that should scare us all.

Bingo damo. I can see this being a big deal in other parts of the country but not here. It is commonplace amongst the pentecostal type religions.

Did you know that "other parts of the country" vote?

Do you honestly believe that this isn't going to bother swing independent voters?

I think you're dreaming, but hey, I guess we will find out.

Anyone who believes this is either a liar or a fool.

Anyone who believes this is either a liar or a fool.
Anybody who believes otherwise is lying to themselves. Preachers usually don't hit the news except to make fun of Religious Righties for weird beliefs (Katrina is the fault of homosexuals for example) so the left gets amazed when one who directly talks about HIV being created by the government to kill blacks gets aired as news.

However praying for protection against something that may or may not exist is certainly not "shocking". It wouldn't be something that they would get excited about.

Back