Prayer protects Palin from witches

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
Anybody who believes otherwise is lying to themselves. Preachers usually don't hit the news except to make fun of Religious Righties for weird beliefs (Katrina is the fault of homosexuals for example) so the left gets amazed when one who directly talks about HIV being created by the government to kill blacks gets aired as news.

However praying for protection against something that may or may not exist is certainly not "shocking". It wouldn't be something that they would get excited about.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Anybody who believes otherwise is lying to themselves. Preachers usually don't hit the news except to make fun of Religious Righties for weird beliefs (Katrina is the fault of homosexuals for example) so the left gets amazed when one who directly talks about HIV being created by the government to kill blacks gets aired as news.

However praying for protection against something that may or may not exist is certainly not "shocking". It wouldn't be something that they would get excited about.

Except that witches DO exist. Whether you believe they can actually do anything or not is irrelevant.

Suppose this video had him praying for protecting from Jews? Or protection from Catholics?

Do you think it would be ignored then?

And what happens, after they get elected, when Palin decides to speak against witches? Do you think that the current level of discrimination would go down? Do you think these pentacostals would be LESS likely to be violent against witches?

Except that witches DO exist. Whether you believe they can actually do anything or not is irrelevant.

Suppose this video had him praying for protecting from Jews? Or protection from Catholics?

And what happens, after they get elected, when Palin decides to speak against witches? Do you think that the current level of discrimination would go down? Do you think these pentacostals would be LESS likely to be violent against witches?

Oh, you mean wiccans, I never even thought of that. That's an interesting thing to wonder about.

Actually, I have seen what a religious fervor can do. I know of a house that was burned because a pagan family lived there. It happened in a rural area of Alabama.

There are plenty of cases of religious discrimination against pagans, and this would certainly encourage that.

When Judge Roy Moore moved a monument of the 10 Coomandments into the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court and would not allow any other displays, he was acting on this kind of faith. He lost his court battle, but do you not think having Palin in the 2nd highest office in the country would effect this?

There have been businesses ruined, families who lost custody of children, and careers ended because of these modern day witch hunts.

I don't think its anything to be laughed at.

I think it shows a mindset that should scare us all.
I am only going to judge politicians solely by their time in office. Palin did ok fiscally in office and virtually nothing socially Conservative other than to oppose gay partner benefits and then accept them when she had to; EVEN in a state that would allow more Social Conservatism than most.

Let's be reasonable, no religious wacko would earn the type of approval rating she was getting in her own state. I think if we dug into some of the religious ceremonies a lot of the politicians went through, we'd find some funny stuff but people should be judged on their own actions and not those of others.

Oh, you mean wiccans, I never even thought of that. That's an interesting thing to wonder about.

Yes, the wiccans call themselves witches (either gender).

There are plenty who have suffered at the hands of pentacostal type religious fanatics.

Wiccan symbols have been banned in many schools that allow Judeo-christian symbols.

This sort of ignorance is what helps the discrimination continue.

Actually, I have seen what a religious fervor can do. I know of a house that was burned because a pagan family lived there. It happened in a rural area of Alabama.

There are plenty of cases of religious discrimination against pagans, and this would certainly encourage that.

When Judge Roy Moore moved a monument of the 10 Coomandments into the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court and would not allow any other displays, he was acting on this kind of faith. He lost his court battle, but do you not think having Palin in the 2nd highest office in the country would effect this?

There have been businesses ruined, families who lost custody of children, and careers ended because of these modern day witch hunts.

I don't think its anything to be laughed at.

I think it shows a mindset that should scare us all.

Has it effected AK?

Has it effected AK?

Did the preachings of Obama's minister effect the US?

Does a family home being burned in Alabama effect AK?

Does a teacher losing her job because of her religious beliefs effect AK?

Does having a person who shares your beliefs in a very high office make you more sure of your own faith? I think it does. It will at least make them bolder.

If she wants to make some sort of statement acknowledging that our country is home to ALL other faiths, thats well & good.

But she has done nothing like that.

Yes, the wiccans call themselves witches (either gender).

There are plenty who have suffered at the hands of pentacostal type religious fanatics.

Wiccan symbols have been banned in many schools that allow Judeo-christian symbols.

This sort of ignorance is what helps the discrimination continue.

You don't have to convince me Solitary. I am already convinced that this woman is the most dangerous personality to come across the national stage in my lifetime. My only hope is that it is starting to seem she is actually outright dumb, and McCain may have killed her political future by pushing her onto the national stage about a decade before she was ready for it. But, if I'm wrong and she gets into power, then we will live to see the 232 year long "experiment" die.

I didn't say witches don't exist, I said witchcraft may or may not exist.

While they may light candles and stand around healing the planet, it isn't any more proven effective than prayer against them lighting candles and doing nefarious things to effect a campaign.

She hasn't given any indication that fear of witches is on her political agenda at all and has had plenty of time and a record to follow that we can see whether this is something for you to fear. All indications are that some guy prayed for her, and so far witchcraft has had no power over her. Shocking indeed. But the sudden fear of her sending the military out to kill the Wiccans... No indication that this has any basis in reality.

I think this boils down to many Christians believing in both good and evil spirits.

Me I think it is just us and what we do. I have yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

You don't have to convince me Solitary. I am already convinced that this woman is the most dangerous personality to come across the national stage in my lifetime. My only hope is that it is starting to seem she is actually outright dumb, and McCain may have killed her political future by pushing her onto the national stage about a decade before she was ready for it. But, if I'm wrong and she gets into power, then we will live to see the 232 year long "experiment" die.

LOL drama queen

Back