Project Lifeline - More Mortgage Welfare

there is a balance as well however. you cant live like shit while your young only to be cash rich when your old and dont need it.

its a balance.

Example:
I dont spend allot on cars. I pay the least amount possible. Right now my car payment is $220 a month. Additionally, for heating i would LOVE to just turn the oil up and not do any work. instead i get $500 worth of logs delivered in march and split and stack them myself. i don't have to turn the oil heat on all year.

I do this so that i can go on vacations without concern for money.

Am i irresponsible? prob not. I live in a modest 2500sf house on 5acres in MA that will be paid off in 10years, i have been saving an average of 15% of my salary since my first month working and im only 33.

The key is to not spend money on crap. but I wont go so far as to say that in the prime of my life im going to live like im in college so that i am rich when im an old man.

I'm not saying you, or anyone else, shouldn't do those things. I think that we need to look at priorities. Getting a properly executed Will to protect your children is more important than going on a vacation.

Having baby #2 on the way and only having $2000 in the bank is something that needs to be addressed before going on vacation. Skipping a vacation for a year to get these accomplished is not a huge issue (to me).

Having another $400/ month in daycare coming up...

I'm scared for him.

I don't have a car payment. My house should be paid off within the next 5 years.
I've never bought a 'new' car. My wife did years ago, but since she drove it until there was nothing left but a well worn nub, it was OK. I used the avoided costs of new cars to buy RE.

My car cost 2500 dollars, I don't have a cellphone, I have no bills, and I still live with my parents to avoid paying a few hundred a month for a dorm. I'm a fucking cheapskake. I just don't spend much money.

My car cost 2500 dollars, I don't have a cellphone, I have no bills, and I still live with my parents to avoid paying a few hundred a month for a dorm. I'm a fucking cheapskake. I just don't spend much money.

It's called discipline. You will do well. Stay at home as long as you can.

Back