Ralph Nadar

Cancel7

Banned
... just announced on MTP that he is going to run for President, and he didn't have much nice to say about Barack Obama.

I was pissed at Nader for handing '00 to Bush. He said both candidates were the same, and he was wrong.

I've heard him speak, and I love his ideas, but he's in this for the ego at this point. For a lot of Dem & former Nader voters, the ol' "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...well, won't get fooled again!" will be in full effect. He won't have any effect on this race.

I was pissed at Nader for handing '00 to Bush. He said both candidates were the same, and he was wrong.

I've heard him speak, and I love his ideas, but he's in this for the ego at this point. For a lot of Dem & former Nader voters, the ol' "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...well, won't get fooled again!" will be in full effect. He won't have any effect on this race.

I can't stand Nadar...and you're right he won't get many votes at all.

I just find it interesting, since a lot of people thought that Obama is so great that Nadar wouldn't run if he was the nominee. I know a lot of really liberal people who believed that. And they love Ralph, and don't hold him at all responsible for 2000.

... just announced on MTP that he is going to run for President, and he didn't have much nice to say about Barack Obama.

Nader liked Edwards. I don't think he would have run if edwards was the nominee.

It will be interesting to see where the Naderites go on this. Particularly the ones who saw no difference between Al Gore and George Bush.

Yes it will be interesting to see how the Naderites will go. They are a bit like Paulites, but different too.

Please not that old wives tail that Nader handed Bush the 00 election. The over whelming majority on the far left that supported Nader would have stayed at home if he had not run.

It's the same old malarky that Perot handed Clinton the election in 92.

Gore won the 2000 election on his own merits and Nader had nothing to do with that.

"Please not that old wives tail that Nader handed Bush the 00 election. The over whelming majority on the far left that supported Nader would have stayed at home if he had not run."

550 more votes in Florida, and we're not in the Iraq war.

Gore was not the same as Bush. Nader was wrong; as far as I'm concerned, he has some of that blood on his hands. His '00 campaign turned into an ego-festival at a certain point; he didn't prove a thing.

Please not that old wives tail that Nader handed Bush the 00 election. The over whelming majority on the far left that supported Nader would have stayed at home if he had not run.

It's the same old malarky that Perot handed Clinton the election in 92.

Gore won the 2000 election on his own merits and Nader had nothing to do with that.

Today on MTP when he announced Nadar himself claimed that 39% of those who voted for him would have voted for Gore, 25% would have voted for bush and the rest would have stayed home.

Now, I don't know where he got his figures from; for all i know he pulled them out of his butt jsut like everyone who ever quoted on a message board that "the Nadar vote would have evenly split between bush and gore" pulled that out of their butt, as far as I know. But if Nadar's own figures are true, then he allowed Florida to get close enough for the bushies to steal it.

There were many factors, to pretend Nadar wasn't one of them, is to me, just wrong. He'll never be the factor he was in 2000 again, because many who voted for him woke up and said "duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, maybe there was a difference between bush and gore", and those same people won't be fooled again by Nadar claiming there is no difference between McCain and Obama.

The difference is not what I would like....far from it. But it exists.

There are so many good things Nader could do with his fricking time other than run for president. The guy is not a progressive or supporter of democratic Ideals anymore. He seems to clib out oif the woodwork to fuck things up as best as possible anymore. What has he done good in the last 20 fucking years? Nothing.

"Please not that old wives tail that Nader handed Bush the 00 election. The over whelming majority on the far left that supported Nader would have stayed at home if he had not run."

550 more votes in Florida, and we're not in the Iraq war.

Gore was not the same as Bush. Nader was wrong; as far as I'm concerned, he has some of that blood on his hands. His '00 campaign turned into an ego-festival at a certain point; he didn't prove a thing.

*Yawn*

*yawn*

Last edited:
There are so many good things Nader could do with his fricking time other than run for president. The guy is not a progressive or supporter of democratic Ideals anymore. He seems to clib out oif the woodwork to fuck things up as best as possible anymore. What has he done good in the last 20 fucking years? Nothing.

He's an asshole, but he won't get enough votes to effect anything this time around.

His question is, shouldn't people have a choice other than the two corporate candidates? First of all, they already do, if that's how they feel. McKinney is running on the Green ticket, and I'm sure that the Libertarians are going to be running a candidate. So what he is really asking is, shouldn't people have the choice to vote for moi? And my answer is, shut up Ralph.

I think everyone should ask the asshole one question every time they can. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?

He has done nothing for progessives causes for years.

He's an asshole, but he won't get enough votes to effect anything this time around.

His question is, shouldn't people have a choice other than the two corporate candidates? First of all, they already do, if that's how they feel. McKinney is running on the Green ticket, and I'm sure that the Libertarians are going to be running a candidate. So what he is really asking is, shouldn't people have the choice to vote for moi? And my answer is, shut up Ralph.

Hogwash. Eligible candidates shouldn't be scorned for running for president. Your premise is that since the two parties have exclusive access to the Whitehouse, Nader is an asshole for running. I disagree wholesale, even though I would never vote fo Nader.

Back