Ralph Nadar

A vote for Gore is a vote for Bush!

Vote for Nader!

Honestly, we all have a right to an opinion. That doesn't mean we have a right to not have our opinion critiscized.

Yeah, but I’m tired of being bullied by a group of leftists, libertarians and rogue republicans. Screw em!

3rd party voters don't live in reality. For all of their bluster about Americans "allowing" both main parties to dominate American politics, 3rd parties have actually lost a tremendous amount of ground over the past decade, and the prerequisite for a realistic run at the Presidency is now "must be a billionaire."

I wonder if Badnarik voters would have really voted Badnarik if he was a Dem or GOP candidate, and they really had to consider him in the role of CIC. I doubt many of them knew as much about his positions as they did about the 2 leading candidates.

Like I said, it's a cocktail party vote. "I didn't vote for either of those jerks," blah, blah, blah.

Nader's voters have watched their issues & priorities die a slow, painful death over the past 8 years, along with over 100,000 Iraqis.

3rd party voters don't live in reality. For all of their bluster about Americans "allowing" both main parties to dominate American politics, 3rd parties have actually lost a tremendous amount of ground over the past decade, and the prerequisite for a realistic run at the Presidency is now "must be a billionaire."

I wonder if Badnarik voters would have really voted Badnarik if he was a Dem or GOP candidate, and they really had to consider him in the role of CIC. I doubt many of them knew as much about his positions as they did about the 2 leading candidates.

Like I said, it's a cocktail party vote. "I didn't vote for either of those jerks," blah, blah, blah.

Nader's voters have watched their issues & priorities die a slow, painful death over the past 8 years, along with over 100,000 Iraqis.

Those are excellent points. The way to build a movement, is from the grass roots up. That’s how a progressive movement can be built and can be effective. Once you become big enough, you can affect sitting politicians. Nadar has done nothing since 2000 for the progressive movement, good point.

Hogwash. Eligible candidates shouldn't be scorned for running for president. Your premise is that since the two parties have exclusive access to the Whitehouse, Nader is an asshole for running. I disagree wholesale, even though I would never vote fo Nader.

The way I read her post, was she wasn't mocking third parties from running.

She was mocking Ralph Nader for running. He doesn't have a constituency, he hasn't done any organizing for a run, he doesn't have a grass roots infrastructure. In short, he's done nothing to prep for a run. He's running for his ego. That is surely something that can be mocked. Even the Constitution Pary candidate, the LP candidate, and the Green Candidate go through the motions of setting up the national and state level infrastructure for a run.

And Oncelear is right. I've said it before too. While there are many reasons Gore lost, right now there's upwards of a million people dead in Iraq, becauase of 500 votes in Florida.

Saying “fuck ralph nadar” reminded me of these two hysterical videos I watched yesterday. One with Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon called “I’m f’ing matt damon” . And then her bf, some comedian, he has a show, the kids will know who he is probably, did a video with Ben Affleck called “I’m f’ing ben Affleck”. It was really funny, and I can’t get the catchy “I’m f’ing matt damon” out of my head. And then I thought wouldn’t it be excellent, if I could get Paul Krugman to do a youtube video with me, called “I’m f’ing Paul Krugman”? Then I could post it here, and you guys would die, come on it would be great!

But you know, I doubt he’d do it.
That would be great. I saw that Silverman video. It was hilarious.

Those are excellent points. The way to build a movement, is from the grass roots up. That’s how a progressive movement can be built and can be effective. Once you become big enough, you can affect sitting politicians. Nadar has done nothing since 2000 for the progressive movement, good point.

I always say that if you want to launch an effective third party movement you have to wait until one or both sides are weak. That's how the Liberal Democrats have lasted so long.

That's why Bloomberg isn't going to enter the race - he has enough money, it's just that the two parties have both never been stronger, and unlike Nader he's not stupid enough to waste money and time on a run.

Saying “fuck ralph nadar” reminded me of these two hysterical videos I watched yesterday. One with Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon called “I’m f’ing matt damon” . And then her bf, some comedian, he has a show, the kids will know who he is probably, did a video with Ben Affleck called “I’m f’ing ben Affleck”. It was really funny, and I can’t get the catchy “I’m f’ing matt damon” out of my head. And then I thought wouldn’t it be excellent, if I could get Paul Krugman to do a youtube video with me, called “I’m f’ing Paul Krugman”? Then I could post it here, and you guys would die, come on it would be great!

But you know, I doubt he’d do it.

Jimmy Kimmel.

He isn't all that funny.

There is some truth in that (i.e., that third party voters don't really want their guy to win). But, the rational response is not to vote for a major party candidate that you don't really want to win either. In both cases you are voting as a protest. The rational response (absent a none of the above option) is to not vote. That's why I did not in 04. I would not have wanted Badnarik to win and so I could not vote for him.

Back