Ralph Nader endorses John Edwards

33% is what I would call a super minority.

The countrys population would be up in arms all the time. It would turn us into a third world country.

33% of the country is Democrats, another 33% of them are Republicans. And they get a majority of the seats every election. But it's fine.

Well, be that as it may, if someone I loved was dead in Iraq, I'd have to take into consideration that Al Gore came out, strongly, against the war before we went in. (he was called "unhinged" and crazy" by the liberal media for doing so, and in fact it was "liberal" Joe Klein who tagged him with the "unhinged" label).

Yep, I'd have to take that into consideration. Now, a lot of people would be on my list, and most of them would be up ahead of Nadar. But he'd be on my list. I don't think I'd much care to hear grandiose talk about third parties and how there's no difference. I think I might shoot someone for saying that. but that's me. And it's probably a good thing no one I love is dead in Iraq.

Yes, I agree, it was our voting systems fault that Bush is president. The electoral college, and first past the post voting. That's all any rational person would blame.

Yes, I agree, it was our voting systems fault that Bush is president. The electoral college, and first past the post voting. That's all any rational person would blame.

"and first past the post voting". Did topper write that for you? Can you translate?

There are many factors, people, and parties, at fault for putting that fucking two bit pissant lunatic in the white house, when al gore won the election.

That's why I said I'd have a list, and Nadar would be on it...but far down on it. I'd be in jail for putting a bullet into someone else's head long before I ever got to Nadar.

"and first past the post voting". Did topper write that for you? Can you translate?

There are many factors, people, and parties, at fault for putting that fucking two bit pissant lunatic in the white house, when al gore won the election.

That's why I said I'd have a list, and Nadar would be on it...but far down on it. I'd be in jail for putting a bullet into someone else's head long before I ever got to Nadar.

Wiki it, Darla. It's the name in political science for our voting system.

yeah you pick the biggest loser you dummy
I've got you beat on the fitness and picking the dem nominee

If you could read, you'd know that ALL polls show Edwards beating every single Repuke thug, in a general, by a much wider margin than either Hillary or Obama. But you can't read. I have heard that sight is the first thing to go on midgets. Most people it's hearing. They don't know why midgets are different, but i think there's a study. So we might have more info soon.

No because the 28% vote for either Rs or Ds.

be honest

Who knows the true support whenever so many people cast tactical votes for people they don't give a shit about?

I'm going by party registration figures, which is about as close as we can get to actual measures of support.

I mean, our voting system is just one of many devised, and probably the piss poorest out of all of them. One of the many known flaws with it is the vote-splitting problem. I think people should deal with the realities of the system, but whenever a third party runs and a major party loses because of it, I get kind of angry whenever they blame the third party instead of the flaw.

I mean, our voting system is just one of many devised. One of the many known flaws with it is the vote-splitting problem. I think people should deal with the realities of the system, but whenever a third party runs and a major party loses because of it, I get kind of angry whenever they blame the third party instead of the flaw.

There is no doubt that the electoral system f'd us up in 2000. And I'd like to see a straight popular vote, but we will never see it because the little pissants in the flyover states are so freaking squeaky people will give them anything to shut them up so we can get some peace.

Third parties are going to run whether or not you like it. There are miscarriages of true democracy in every single election because of this flaw. You could ban third options. Or you could use a more efficient system. Whichever way, you're the people that let them run, fully well knowing you've put a system in place that wasn't designed to handle more than two people.

There is no doubt that the electoral system f'd us up in 2000. And I'd like to see a straight popular vote, but we will never see it because the little pissants in the flyover states are so freaking squeaky people will give them anything to shut them up so we can get some peace.

Even if Florida had used instant runoff voting, and we still had the retarded electoral college, Bush never would've even approached him.

Man, I'm still kind of fuming over Wicker.

I wonder if the Dems have any chance in Mississippi?

OH, it's not like it matters anyway... the only people who can get elected are Dixiecrats...

Gore would have won the election if the republicans had not worked to trim the democratic voting ranks.

The felons list alone raped Legal Americans voters who had never committed any crime let alone a felony of their right to vote.

It was done on purpose.

Gore would have won the election if the republicans had not worked to trim the democratic voting ranks.

The felons list alone raped Legal Americans voters who had never committed any crime let alone a felony of their right to vote.

It was done on purpose.

Republicans know poor people don't vote for them. And what group of poor people can they safely strip of voting rights without any fear of political fallout? Felons. That's the ONLY reason they're off the list - in Florida, they have so many crimes listed as "felonies", that 10% of the entire population is permanently disfranchised.

Back