Recent Developments

Cancel7

Banned
Here is Eric Alterman on recent developments. I could not agree more with most of this. If it wasn’t for Paul Krugman’s very existence, Eric Alterman would be my fantasy lover. Did I tell you guys I’m meeting Krugman in April by the way?

1) On John Edwards: The Edwards campaign was a surreal experience that should inspire a doctoral dissertation or two. He was both the most progressive candidate on issues and the most electable on paper, and yet he did not get the support of most progressives or most professionals. This despite the fact that he actually ran a terrific campaign and, more than Obama and Hillary, defined it in a positive direction. That he forced the other candidates to respond did not end up mattering as much as the media's fascination with all things Clintonian, Obamian, and the egregiously awful coverage of Edwards. The Washington Post deserves special mention for its idiotic 1,300-word piece on his haircut and an even longer one on his house. Richard Cohen and Michael Dobbs both called him a liar and presented no evidence. The editorial board attacked him constantly. The New York Times also went in for the "How can you care about poor people when you're so rich?" line of questioning, which implies that poor people are unentitled to representation in the American political system, since it allows for only wealthy people to run. And Maureen Dowd was her usual awful, substanceless self, helping to set the tone for the rest, to the shame of all of us.

2) Rudy G. is gone. This proves the old adage that it is actually possible to underestimate the wisdom of the American people, even Republican primary voters. We New Yorkers kept telling you people that this entire idea is insane, but the media kept taking it seriously. We knew that to know Rudy is to hate Rudy and to be fearful of him getting anywhere near nuclear codes. Now everybody knows. I'll admit, it was a little scary.

3) McCain as the nominee is scary, too, because the media remain more in love with him than ever. Remember that picture of him hugging Bush? Put McCain in Bush's place and the punditocracy in McCain's place, and that's what we can prepare ourselves for. What's more, because the media love McCain and treat elections entirely as high school popularity contests, Republicans will not be held responsible for the last horrific eight years. Hillary Clinton is no match for McCain in this respect; they hate her, they love him. Obama is a match, but his anti-war position will be held against him, since most of the media were just as wrong as McCain about Iraq and feel themselves indicted by those of us, like Obama, who were right, and their natural defensiveness manifests itself in the form of petty vengeance. So-called liberal hawks, which is most liberals with a mainstream platform, will do McCain's bidding for the price of only being called by their first names on the bus. It's going to really suck.

4) Should Democrats run against McCain as too old to be president? I think so. It's dangerous, but so what? He may not be too old today, but what about four years from now? Ronald Reagan was already losing his mind by the time he left office. And he was younger than McCain will be. This is a high-risk strategy vis-à-vis the older part of the electorate, but I'd risk it. It will actually affect lots of people's votes.

http://mediamatters.org/altercation/?f=h_column

Yep bush promised to resign if he has medical problems, but altzheimers kinda took care of that. What promise ?
I will have to ask my astrologers.

Oh and for any doubters, here is just a very minuscule example:
Two days ago, Chris Matthews declares his heart belongs to John McCain! I love you John! Call me!

During MSNBC's January 28 coverage of President Bush's final State of the Union address, Chris Matthews -- host of MSNBC's Hardball -- began an interview with Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain (AZ) by saying, "Senator McCain, you know you're in my heart!" At the end of the interview, Matthews said: "Well, you show a lot of courage out there, Senator.”

http://mediamatters.org/

Darla thanks for seeing things days late....

Thats why I was rooting for Mitt Romney...All liberals and democrats should have VOTED or ROOTED for Mitt...

McCain is the strongest Republican and own in all likelihood beat Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton....

That is why KOS did his Democrats for Mitt Campaign...

And we have the Lieberman Democrats like Desh and Cypress who wanted McCain to win....Dumbasses both of them...

CK

Darla thanks for seeing things days late....

Thats why I was rooting for Mitt Romney...All liberals and democrats should have VOTED or ROOTED for Mitt...

McCain is the strongest Republican and own in all likelihood beat Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton....

That is why KOS did his Democrats for Mitt Campaign...

And we have the Lieberman Democrats like Desh and Cypress who wanted McCain to win....Dumbasses both of them...

CK

I never wanted McCain to win, and I never saw Desh or Cypress say that they did, but even if so, I speak for myself only.

McCain has always been number two on my most despised list, right under the human skull, Rudy Guliani. Of whom I believe you are a fan.

Chris Mathews was a Goldwater supporter back in the day.

He worked for Dems for years but I dont think he really was ever a dem himself.

I dont remember ever touting McCain either but the truth has never been real close with CK anyway.

It's highly doubtful. He is in love with both McCain and Rudy. Gushingly, feel my erection, in love.

Matthews is a cult of personality guy. His core values lean Dem, but he's taken in by the weirdest stuff at times. He did used to work for Tip O'Neil, also.

I used to like him more, but he's gone around the bend recently.

I never wanted McCain to win, and I never saw Desh or Cypress say that they did, but even if so, I speak for myself only.

McCain has always been number two on my most despised list, right under the human skull, Rudy Guliani. Of whom I believe you are a fan.

He has to check with Markos to see who he's a fan of.

Matthews is a cult of personality guy. His core values lean Dem, but he's taken in by the weirdest stuff at times. He did used to work for Tip O'Neil, also.

I used to like him more, but he's gone around the bend recently.

I know, I look at him now and I swear, he must have mad cow disease? If they do tests, I feel sure they will find something like that. And what is with all that spit coming out of his mouth? I can’t eat while I’m watching him. And I never could eat when Tucker is on.

If it keeps up I might become a single-diggiter!

I know, I look at him now and I swear, he must have mad cow disease? If they do tests, I feel sure they will find something like that. And what is with all that spit coming out of his mouth? I can’t eat while I’m watching him. And I never could eat when Tucker is on.

If it keeps up I might become a single-diggiter!

We noticed that the other night. There was a piece of spit on his chin for like 10 minutes.

He's definitely getting old. You don't look at him and think "old guy," but there are guys his age without hair, gray on the sides & with more wrinkles when they're not wearing makeup.

He's losing it....

I have a lot of issues that keep me in the democratic party and keep me supporting them at the state level. There are things in Barak Obama's campaign that I like but I still cannot vote for him. Does that make me a "non-dem?"

I have a lot of issues that keep me in the democratic party and keep me supporting them at the state level. There are things in Barak Obama's campaign that I like but I still cannot vote for him. Does that make me a "non-dem?"

Kinda like I am but the other direction Leaning. After Bush there is no way I can vote Republican, but I really do not like the Dem politicians much.
I kinda liked McCain in 2000 though.
But he is not the same McCain now.

No LR.

I dont think you have the same track record as Chris Mathews though.

He has fawned over the Rs and insulted the dems for years now.

No LR.

I dont think you have the same track record as Chris Mathews though.

He has fawned over the Rs and insulted the dems for years now.

That's not really true. He fawns over everyone, and then attacks everyone. He's a little nutty that way.

Just recently, he attacked Hillary, then apologized, then went in the complete opposite direction after the Nevada debate, declaring her the clear winner & fawning endlessly about her.

He used to be more of an attack dog, but he's turning into more of a fawner in his old age. He has fawned equally about Obama & McCain, as well.

Anyone who votes for McCain over Obama is a morally decrepit war monger, period.

Sorry, but I'm sure someone else will come along to make you feel good about your vote.

That's not really true. He fawns over everyone, and then attacks everyone. He's a little nutty that way.

Just recently, he attacked Hillary, then apologized, then went in the complete opposite direction after the Nevada debate, declaring her the clear winner & fawning endlessly about her.

He used to be more of an attack dog, but he's turning into more of a fawner in his old age. He has fawned equally about Obama & McCain, as well.

He's eccentric. I've never seen him fawn over Hillary Clinton. The dude absolutely hated Al Gore and Bill Clinton.

But, remember when he was Fred Thompson's fluffer? Jesus. That was sickening. And whatever anyone thinks of Hillary Clinton, she is enourmously competent and has the intellectual firepower to leave Grandpa Fred in the dust. The Hillary hate is deep in Mathews DNA.

Back