Recent Developments

But you're just doing that to use the childish argument of "I know you are what am I?" and to make yourself feel better.

I won't vote for a war monger.

You will.

End of story.
I think you will. Does your candidate even suggest the inconceivable disgusting messes we have gotten into with the War Powers Act?

I think yours is a short-term view that leaves the root cause intact. I understand your position, I just think it is too short-term for me.

So, pretend to be on high ground and looking down your nose. It is just pretense.

I think you will. Does your candidate even suggest the inconceivable disgusting messes we have gotten into with the War Powers Act?

I think yours is a short-term view that leaves the root cause intact. I understand your position, I just think it is too short-term for me.

So, pretend to be on high ground and looking down your nose. It is just pretense.

If we don't get the terrorists over there we'll have to get them over here. Plain and simple.

Rationalizations all over the effing place :D

I knew it was coming.

I think a couple of them in particular must be contortionists. It takes some talent to turn a vote for John “I never met a war I didn’t want to tongue kiss” McCain into an anti-war vote.

If I didn’t understand the lives at stake, I’d laugh at their buffoonery. A few times I almost have anyway. It’s quite something.

I guess that's how they live with themselves.

I think a couple of them in particular must be contortionists. It takes some talent to turn a vote for John “I never met a war I didn’t want to tongue kiss” McCain into an anti-war vote.

If I didn’t understand the lives at stake, I’d laugh at their buffoonery. A few times I almost have anyway. It’s quite something.

Nope they probably just want to vote for McCain.

Don't let it get to ya Darla. What did you expect ? Most of the McCain voters will be bushie 2 timers anyway.

But you're just doing that to use the childish argument of "I know you are what am I?" and to make yourself feel better.

I won't vote for a war monger.

You will.

End of story.

Yet you have voted for war mongers before haven't you darla. Bill Clinton? Al Gore? John Kerry? and you will again.... if it is a close race between McCain and Hillary... you won't vote third party... you will vote for the other warmongering Clinton. Wont ya.

Yet you have voted for war mongers before haven't you darla. Bill Clinton? Al Gore? John Kerry? and you will again.... if it is a close race between McCain and Hillary... you won't vote third party... you will vote for the other warmongering Clinton. Wont ya.

Well, unlike some who claim they were born knowing everything, I have learned as I have gone along. I was very young for the Gulf war, but I remember not understanding why we had to bomb them, and I didn’t support it, but basically ignored it. And I was always a Democrat, I just never liked Republicans and I think that can be traced back to the 92 Republican convention which shocked me, and all of my young friends, with its strident hate. I remember talking about it in a club, with a bunch of young guys and girls. So I voted for Bill Clinton. And during the 90’s, when I was in my 20’s, I really didn’t pay much attention to politics. I was busy dating, going on trips, and just having fun. I remember being very mad about “don’t ask don’t tell” and disgusted with the Harry and Louise commercials, but otherwise, I didn’t notice much.

For instance, I had no idea about the sanctions on Iraq or what they did to the people there.

In 2000 I voted for Al Gore, and then we got George bush, who I recognized as a phony and a bully the moment I first set eyes on him during the Karla Faye Tucker execution. And then came 9/11, and I supported the Afganistan war (which I would not support today, again, as I gain new knowledge, I use it), in a misguided notion that we wouldn’t really kill many civilians and there was no other way. Then came Iraq, and that really woke me up. WTF, Iraq? They had nothing to do with this. And then I started to read more and more recent history (I had always been a history buff, but stopped at about WWII), and that’s when I discovered what had happened during the 90’s, and that Clinton was no innocent, and not the man I thought he was.

In 2004 I faced a moral conundrum of – if thousands less die, does it make a difference? And I thought that yes it does, so I voted for the person I thought knew the war was wrong, and would get us out quicker.
And then I became a peace activist and a writer. And my peace group got put onto the Terrorist watch list, and whenever I fly my bags are checked and I am sometimes pulled aside for questions. I've been threatened and harrassed by right wing groups. And if Rudy G ever got into any real power, much worse could happen to me, but I will take that…what I cannot do is pretend that your stance is in any way not terribly wrong, just for the sake of being nice to someone I basically like. You’re wrong, and people are going to lose their lives as a result. And deep down somewhere, you know it.

Today, I looked at the candidates and concluded Barack Obama will kill less people. If he loses and it’s Hillary vs McCain, I think I will stay home rather than vote at all, most likely. I have started to feel that what we might need is another four years of this, before we can have any real, meaningful change. And too, that we deserve the blowback we’re going to get.

So that is my life story SF, since you are so interested, and so determined to decide what I did, when I did it, and what I thought while I was doing it.

Back