Recommend Political Books You Think Everybody Should Read Here

Read "The Moon is Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein. It talks about what is the purpose of government and what form should it take.

Then read "Starship Troopers" by the same author. Talks to what responsibilities do citizens have vs what responsibilities does the govt have. For criminy sake dont waste your time watching the movie by the same title ---- its a waste of time and totally ignore the ideas of the book.

“Alice in Wonderland”, “Gulliver's Travels”, “How to Lie With Statistics” and because annual trade deficits are always net detrimental to their nation's gross domestic product, Wikipedia's article entitled “Import Certificates”.

Respectfully Supposn

Last edited:
The Liberal Mind: The psychological causes of political madness. Lyle H. Rossiter Jr.

The definitive book on why liberals behave the way they do.

This thread is reserved for book recommendations...

:D

Enjoy

Most books are bullshit. If any of them said anything that really mattered, you wouldn't be allowed to see them. And even if you did see them, you could shout them out from the rooftop. All the sheeple would choose to remain safe inside their pens and ignore you. But I have a book for you that will tell you the real rock bottom truth. Only from a rock bottom foundation can any structure be built that will stand the test of time. By which I mean a mental structure. This free book is called "The Truth: Unforbidden!" I will give you a link to the website where you can download it. Here is the link. http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/733832/THE TRUTH, UNFORBIDDEN!.pdf

"An Essay on the Principle of Population" Malthus.

I picked it up because automation is replacing humans in the production process.

Read anything by Chris Hedges.

If you're ready for it you'll love what he says. If you're not, and most won't be, you'll hate it and act out against it.

For those who want to dive into some American history, the books and commentary books below are all excellent. I put a favorite first, but for early history, see Wood or 'That's not'. O'Neill is another favorite of mine.

'The Glory and the Dream: A Narrative History of America, 1932-1972' William Manchester - best narrative history I have read

'The Idea of America: Reflections on the Birth of the United States' Gordon S. Wood

'American High: The Years of Confidence, 1945-1960' by William L. O'Neill
'A Bubble in Time: America During the Interwar Years, 1989-2001' by William L. O'Neill
'Coming Apart: An Informal History of America in the 1960s' by William L. O'Neill

“Battle Cry of Freedom,’’ James McPherson The definitive history of the Civil War. One of the greatest works of history I’ve ever read and arguably the best one-volume history in existence. Having said that…

'That's Not What They Meant!: Reclaiming the Founding Fathers from America's Right Wing' Michael Austin

'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' Ian Millhiser

'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Isenberg

"A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic, it’s a flat object made from a tree with flexible parts on which are imprinted lots of funny dark squiggles. But one glance at it and you’re inside the mind of another person, maybe somebody dead for thousands of years." Carl Sagan

The Nixon Tapes. This is Nixon and his staff in their own words. It would show people who think he was misunderstood and not so bad the truth. He was a genuine danger to the American system. History whitewashes crimes of Nixon. There has been nothing like his danger to our system until Trump came along. The comparisons are chilling.,

Back