Recommend Political Books You Think Everybody Should Read Here

American Sniper by Chris Kyle. I'm almost done reading it and it's a really captivating book that really helps you understand the mindset of our great soldiers and aspects of war that you don't get from the news.

What

No More 'Good Reads', Rana ??

Hell, If All You Read Are Novels
Just Wait For The Movie
That Shit's All Fiction Anyway....

Speaking Of Novels

Gore Vidal Wrote Two Pretty Good Ones
Lincoln And Burr
These Are Biographies Fleshed Out With A Historic Perspective
So They Are Not Exactly 'Novels'

Both Very Good

American Sniper by Chris Kyle. I'm almost done reading it and it's a really captivating book that really helps you understand the mindset of our great soldiers and aspects of war that you don't get from the news.
Have you ever read "All Quiet on the Western Front."? It's a very good book. You should read it if you haven't. He goes into quite a bit of detail about the mindset of soldiers in combat.

Last edited:
Speaking Of Novels

Gore Vidal Wrote Two Pretty Good Ones
Lincoln And Burr
These Are Biographies Fleshed Out With A Historic Perspective
So They Are Not Exactly 'Novels'

Both Very Good
Interesting choices. I've never read Gore Vidal. I've watched his interviews and debates. Is his writing as prosaic as his speech?

How many people have read from Beirut to Jerusalem by Thomas Friedman? I know I am way late to this one but thought I'd read it anyway. Was looking for something with a good history of the Middle East post WWI and how it got to what it is today. Three quarters of the way through and although and am enjoying it even though it is not up to date.

jungle.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle

Karl Marx: The Communist Manifesto. If you haven't read that, you will constantly be manipulated by crooks. It is only the beginning of a reading programme, but read it several times, and learn to understand it.

How many people have read from Beirut to Jerusalem by Thomas Friedman? I know I am way late to this one but thought I'd read it anyway. Was looking for something with a good history of the Middle East post WWI and how it got to what it is today. Three quarters of the way through and although and am enjoying it even though it is not up to date.

Back