Relativity

Newton didn't discuss any such particles.

Nope. Wrong
:lolup:

--->

"It seems probable to me, that God in the Beginning form'd Matter in solid, massy, hard, impenetrable Particles... it seems to me further, that these Particles have not only a Vis inertiae, accompanied with such passive Laws of Motion as naturally result from the Force, but also that they are moved by certain active Principles, such as is that of Gravity, and that which causes Fermentation, and the Cohesion of Bodies."

--> Sir Issac Newton

https://web.lemoyne.edu/~giunta/newton.html

8ff26a0a36773ea9fa84a4b49575a4a8.jpg

Aaaaah, so you readily confess to your cowardice and your intellectual pretender status. That was rather disappointing.

Very well, flee like all the other cowards, and let me know if Wikipedia has any new interesting WOKE wikis.

7e1fbeda2e339aef0bfb32d28361bfb2.jpg

You seem like the sort of person who drives a diesel truck covered in Trump stickers.

Not really.

And besides "wave particle duality" isn't really part of the conversation. Classical physics is usually a term reserved for non-relativistic speeds. Classical physics easily approximates the behavior of bodies at non-relativistic speeds (the effects of relativity are quite small at our speeds). Wave-Particle duality isn't really part of that conversation. It's more related to QUANTUM MECHANICS.

I don't think there is a reputable physicist alive who would call wave-particle duality 'classical physics'

Wave-Particle duality is classical physics.
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Aaaaah, so you readily confess to your cowardice and your intellectual pretender status. That was rather disappointing.

Very well, flee like all the other cowards, and let me know if Wikipedia has any new interesting WOKE wikis.
You seem like the sort of person who drives a diesel truck covered in Trump stickers.

I doubt he has the ability. Anyone who meets him will know something is "off" with him. Uber driver? Maybe.

Just so everyone can have a hearty laugh, what are you claiming is the definition of an inertial referenc frame

You never enrolled in a highschool physics class, eh? This was covered in highschool physics.

Galileo and Einstein recognized it. Newton's first law speaks to it.

It's any body or system in uniform motion.

That's why the classical laws of physics in an airplane passenger cabin travelling 600 mph operate exactly the same as the classical laws of physics in a stationary house on the Earth's surface.

Wave-Particle duality is classical physics.
Darwin's theory of evolution is not science

Here, Time magazine blames Einstein for precipitating the rise of moral and aesthetic relativism in the 20th century.

By all accounts, Einstein believed in a clear and steadfast human moral framework, and his science was hijacked and misinterpreted by the postmodernists to justify their own forays into relativism.

Einstein’s theory of relativity not only upended physics, it also jangled the underpinnings of society. For nearly three centuries, the clockwork universe of Galileo and Newton—which was based on absolute laws and certainties—formed the psychological foundation for the Enlightenment, with its belief in causes and effects, order, rationalism, even duty.Now came a view of the universe in which space and time were all relative. Indirectly, relativity paved the way for a new relativism in morality, arts and politics. There was less faith in absolutes, not only of time and space but also of truth and morality. “It formed a knife,” historian Paul Johnson says of relativity theory, “to help cut society adrift from its traditional moorings.” Just as Darwinism became, a century ago, not just a biological theory but also a social theology, so too did relativity shape the social theology of the 20th century.The effect on arts can be seen by looking at 1922, the year that Einstein won the Nobel Prize, James Joyce published Ulysses and T.S. Eliot published The Waste Land. There was a famous party in May for the debut of the ballet Renard, composed by Stravinsky and staged by Diaghilev. They were both there, along with Picasso (who had designed the sets), Proust (who had been proclaimed Einstein’s literary interpreter) and Joyce. The art of each, in its own way, reflected the breakdown of mechanical order and of the sense that space and time were absolutes.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2000/02/it-didn-t-start-with-einstein.html

Here, Time magazine blames Einstein for precipitating the rise of moral and aesthetic relativism in the 20th century.

By all accounts, Einstein believed in a clear and steadfast human moral framework, and his science was hijacked and misinterpreted by the postmodernists to justify their own forays into relativism.
Can you give examples of his "clear and steadfast human moral framework"?

It's interesting to see how non-physicists would hijack an idea and apply it to other areas of humanity.

BTW, have you noticed how the thread has become relatively quiet lately? LOL

Can you give examples of his "clear and steadfast human moral framework"?

It's interesting to see how non-physicists would hijack an idea and apply it to other areas of humanity.

BTW, have you noticed how the thread has become relatively quiet lately? LOL

From what I know of Einstein, he worked and wrote consistently on issues of peace, racism, religious toleration, and he had very clear ideas about what was right and what was wrong.

That one poster I did an experiment on must have been using socks and frantically switching back and forth between sock accounts.

It sounds like the post-modernists assumed that Einstein's theory meant there was no objective standards, that everything was relative, when in fact there are very solid objective realities underlying Relativity.

From what I know of Einstein, he worked and wrote consistently on issues of peace, racism, religious toleration, and he had very clear ideas about what was right and what was wrong.

That one poster I did an experiment on must have been using socks and frantically switching back and forth between sock accounts.

It sounds like the post-modernists assumed that Einstein's theory meant there was no objective standards, that everything was relative, when in fact there are very solid objective realities underlying Relativity.

Which indicate his religious views more than his theoretical physics ideas....and I agree with him on those points.

LOL That would explain why three posters no longer post here.

There are certainly fundamental limitations on the Universe and among human beings. Too much about the Universe is unknown such as whether wormholes exist and, if so, where do they go? What is Dark Energy? What is Dark Matter, which appears to account for approximately 85% of the matter in our Universe.

https://home.cern/science/physics/dark-matter
Dark matter
Unlike normal matter, dark matter does not interact with the electromagnetic force. This means it does not absorb, reflect or emit light, making it extremely hard to spot. In fact, researchers have been able to infer the existence of dark matter only from the gravitational effect it seems to have on visible matter. Dark matter seems to outweigh visible matter roughly six to one, making up about 27% of the universe. Here's a sobering fact: The matter we know and that makes up all stars and galaxies only accounts for 5% of the content of the universe! But what is dark matter? One idea is that it could contain "supersymmetric particles" – hypothesized particles that are partners to those already known in the Standard Model. Experiments at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) may provide more direct clues about dark matter...

...Dark energy
Dark energy makes up approximately 68% of the universe and appears to be associated with the vacuum in space. It is distributed evenly throughout the universe, not only in space but also in time – in other words, its effect is not diluted as the universe expands. The even distribution means that dark energy does not have any local gravitational effects, but rather a global effect on the universe as a whole. This leads to a repulsive force, which tends to accelerate the expansion of the universe. The rate of expansion and its acceleration can be measured by observations based on the Hubble law. These measurements, together with other scientific data, have confirmed the existence of dark energy and provide an estimate of just how much of this mysterious substance exists.

There are certainly fundamental limitations on the Universe and among human beings. Too much about the Universe is unknown such as whether wormholes exist and, if so, where do they go? What is Dark Energy? What is Dark Matter, which appears to account for approximately 85% of the matter in our Universe.

https://home.cern/science/physics/dark-matter
Science knows a lot less than most laypersons realize.

But that's what makes it fun. It wouldn't be fun if most all of the questions have been answered.

What's wrong with diesel trucks or Trump stickers?

Recently while down in exubia LA I saw a big ol' giant truck with a HUGE banner attached to it that read "TRUMP 2024: Fuck your feelings".

I bet my entire paycheck that if someone were to insult that particular person's feelings they wouldn't be as sanguine about their feelings. It's always such vicious hate-filled bluster that informs the Trump camp. I wonder why that is.

What's wrong with diesel trucks or Trump stickers?

Nothing wrong with diesel trucks or drivers. Trump is an oath-breaking traitor who should be hung on the WH lawn after a fair trial. Something you'd know if you ever took the oath.

The fact you dodged the question proves you're a lying scumbag, Sybil.

7xqeu2.jpg

Apart from the pollution and making the world a worse place, nothing at all.
Pollution?! Oh wow, I never thought of that. I'd like to learn more about pollution, though, if you'd be so kind to teach me.

What pollution is being caused by diesel trucks and how is it happening exactly?

What vehicle should I drive so that I'm not causing nor contributing to the pollution in any way? Heck, what vehicle do YOU drive?

It is the right of all people to express their hatred for the earth and their country however they wish to.
Yup, and people typically do that by warring against carbon and voting for communists.

Recently while down in exubia LA I saw a big ol' giant truck with a HUGE banner attached to it that read "TRUMP 2024: Fuck your feelings".

I bet my entire paycheck that if someone were to insult that particular person's feelings they wouldn't be as sanguine about their feelings. It's always such vicious hate-filled bluster that informs the Trump camp. I wonder why that is.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pollution?! Oh wow, I never thought of that. I'd like to learn more about pollution, though, if you'd be so kind to teach me.

Diesel is problematic for the emissions of particulates.

What vehicle should I drive so that I'm not causing nor contributing to the pollution in any way? Heck, what vehicle do YOU drive?

I drive a Chevy Bolt which I charge on my solar at home. Range of 300miles on a full charge, takes care of about 99.9% of my driving needs.

Yup, and people typically do that by warring against carbon and voting for communists.

Some of us actually understand the science of climate change and carbon in particular.

Back