Religion Poll

How would you classify your belief system?

• Total voters
You didn't post the 5th religious belief. I'm an apathist. I don't care. Religion is boring. I have better things to do with my time then worry about invisible people in the sky who are omniscient and omnipotent but somehow can't seem to manage money.

not caring doesn't describe a belief system, tard.

Weren't you agnostic until a year or two ago.

no.

what you might have saw is that 99% of atheists are technically agnostic atheists, but I went on a long speil over how stupid it is to use that term, as we technically would have to be agnostic towards everything in the entire universe.

You can't really be agnostic atheist or agnostic theist or any other combination. For example, it's part of the Christian faith that you actually have complete faith and devotion in Christ rather than simply go through the motions of worship and community events with the hope of CYA.

You can't really be agnostic atheist or agnostic theist or any other combination.

um yes you can. agnostic has to do with knowledge and certainty. To be an agnostic, you feel that some type of belief is unknowable or impossible to prove. That's all it means. So one may not believe in god but admit it's not possible to completely rule it out and you can be a christian but admit that you might not be able to prove it.

the reason why I feel the label is redundant and useless with regards to atheism is that because you get to a level of certainty that saying you truly 100% can't know is just a waste of time. I can't truly 100% know that there isn't an invisible dragon that watches me. But I wouldn't call myself a dragon agnostic.

carlin-cath-real-estate_n.jpg

Why? I don't have proof one way or the other, how is that being a coward. I can not deny God, but I can't acknowledge him either. How am I any different than yourself?

Exactly. Atheist can't prove non-existence anymore than Christians can prove existence.

Voted :) And Religion is capable of supporting itself to a point, at which one has to accept faith and that there are things science cannot explain. Neither can any human. Religion does not demand perfect evidence while exonerating itself of such a burden. Science claims to solve everything, such a burden of proof arises from that.

God used to post on FP, along with Allah and Ahura Mazda. There was also Josef and his two followers - Believer and Beliver.

I also post here from time to time. Normally to screw with poor Dixie's mind, but occasionally I grace the board with my presence for other reasons as well.

Back