Religion Poll

How would you classify your belief system?

• Total voters
sorry, but I think atheists are a bunch of religious nuts... they believe just as firmly in the lack of God's existence as the most fundamentalist of Christians/Muslims/Jews do in the existence of God.

ah yes the wonderful false dichotomy.

There is a very stark difference between believing in something that is non-falsifiable and requiring evidence to shape your worldview. The two couldn't be further apart.

Exactly. Atheist can't prove non-existence anymore than Christians can prove existence.

this is a false dichotomy. This does not make both ethos comparable in any way. There is a far greater likelihood that god doesn't exist, and that our natural world can be explained by science and physical laws, as has been done again and again throughout modern history. One holds falsifable beliefs, the other rejects such belief systems.

Otherwise you could say invisible unicorns dance around your room every night, and pretend that is just another sane, completely rational and equal belief as any other. I mean... you can't disprove​ it now, can you?

sorry, but I think atheists are a bunch of religious nuts... they believe just as firmly in the lack of God's existence as the most fundamentalist of Christians/Muslims/Jews do in the existence of God.
Your so angry you make up reasons to be angry.
All those hours on a bicycle smashing your nuts takes affect!
Lance

ah yes the wonderful false dichotomy.

There is a very stark difference between believing in something that is non-falsifiable and requiring evidence to shape your worldview. The two couldn't be further apart.

Actually there is not a difference. To insist that a higher being does not exist, to get your panties all knotted up because someone believes in an all powerful being when you do not, to consistently try to belittle those that believe... that is every bit as nutty as the reverse.

Actually there is not a difference. To insist that a higher being does not exist, to get your panties all knotted up because someone believes in an all powerful being when you do not, to consistently try to belittle those that believe... that is every bit as nutty as the reverse.

lol no it's not.

1) a theist centers around faith, belief without evidence. atheists typically reject that notion. KNOWING that in all likelihood there are physical explainations for our enviroment that can be tested, verified, and are falsifiable are a whole different ball leauge. A skeptical atheist's view on reality is much closer to normal because it's not going to deviate from non-falsifiable absurd claims.

2) I do not respect those that believe in fairy tales. That is correct.

3)
vDGjsrC.png

lol no it's not.

1) a theist centers around faith, belief without evidence. atheists typically reject that notion. KNOWING that in all likelihood there are physical explainations for our enviroment that can be tested, verified, and are falsifiable are a whole different ball leauge. A skeptical atheist's view on reality is much closer to normal because it's not going to deviate from non-falsifiable absurd claims.

2) I do not respect those that believe in fairy tales. That is correct.

3)
vDGjsrC.png

Given our lack of understanding of the universe as a whole, it is quite arrogant to assume one 'knows' if there is a higher being out there. Create an ant farm, do the ants know you built their world? Yet they go about digging their tunnels and living their lives most likely oblivious to our presence or sensing we are out there, but unable to comprehend the complexity that we are relative to them.

Earth could be some higher beings ant farm... us the ants.

Believing the higher being doesn't exist without evidence is just as arrogant as those that insist upon God's existence.

and yes... I do indeed feel superior to both... cause I am awesome and stuff

this is a false dichotomy. This does not make both ethos comparable in any way. There is a far greater likelihood that god doesn't exist, and that our natural world can be explained by science and physical laws, as has been done again and again throughout modern history. One holds falsifable beliefs, the other rejects such belief systems.

Otherwise you could say invisible unicorns dance around your room every night, and pretend that is just another sane, completely rational and equal belief as any other. I mean... you can't disprove​ it now, can you?

Religious faith isn't provable.

Religious faith isn't provable.

..yeah, that's my point.

Atheism isn't a belief. It's a rejection of belief in a deity.

My worldview is much closer to reality than the fantasy believers, because I believe in that which is falsifiable and can be explained by real world mechanics.

Given our lack of understanding of the universe as a whole, it is quite arrogant to assume one 'knows' if there is a higher being out there. Create an ant farm, do the ants know you built their world? Yet they go about digging their tunnels and living their lives most likely oblivious to our presence or sensing we are out there, but unable to comprehend the complexity that we are relative to them.

Earth could be some higher beings ant farm... us the ants.

Believing the higher being doesn't exist without evidence is just as arrogant as those that insist upon God's existence.

and yes... I do indeed feel superior to both... cause I am awesome and stuff

Superfreak, would you thus assert it's just as rational for a grown adult to believe in santa claus? Serious question.

I couldn't take your survey, I had a good deal of trouble with your questions, when it comes to what I personally believe.

I have a personal relationship with god, I believe god has an active presence in my life

I feel I do have a personal relationship with what I consider god, and this entity does have an active presence in my life.

I believe in god but don't believe he is actively involved with humanity (basically deist)

I'm not sure if he is actively involved with humanity, at times it seems he is, at times it seems he isn't.

I believe in some SPIRITUAL (not merely physics = god) force/energy

I define myself as a "spiritualist" so this would seem the most appropriate answer for me. However, I also believe physics = god.

I am atheist/non-religious

I've gone on record countless times, to say I am not religious and don't subscribe to organized religion. My personal viewpoint on god has often been called "atheist" by people who believe in the god of the Bible, because my belief lacks theological support. A-theism.

So which answer do I pick? They could all apply to me.

Your so angry you make up reasons to be angry.
All those hours on a bicycle smashing your nuts takes affect!
Lance
It probably has.....though probably not nearly as much of an affect as hitting your little balls with a tennis racket has. ;)

Last edited:
Superfreak, would you thus assert it's just as rational for a grown adult to believe in santa claus? Serious question.
Jesus Grind! Faith and logic have about as much use for each other as a race car has for a speed limit. What a stupid question!

Christ I'm telling you, the only thing worse than a reformed Catholic is a reformed smoker!

Why? I don't have proof one way or the other, how is that being a coward. I can not deny God, but I can't acknowledge him either. How am I any different than yourself?
Cause I'm a theist. I believe in God.....I just find him boring.....and a poor money manager. :)

I just think agnostics are athiest who are scared of the fact that they might be wrong and are hedging their bets. That they don't have the courage of their convictions.

That's the nice thing about being an apathist. I can tell either side of the argument "I really don't give a fuck."

Back