Remember When

so..our short lived mutual admiration society has disbanded, I take it?

I got no time for frivolity

Not at all maine, we obviously don't see eye to eye on this one, and were not going to either, I stated that pretty much already, and I'm fine with it.

and what if there IS no link to Al Qaeda and 9/11... and all the republicans laughed...

AND I WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE PREDICTIONS....EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

Here is the original statement that I was replying to... Notice you said no link between AL QAEDA AND 9/11... Do you notice that?

Here is what I answered:

"and what if there IS no link to Al Qaeda and 9/11... and all the republicans laughed."

Rubbish. What if there is no link to Al Qaeda and 9/11? There is, it is a pretty clear one. Come on maineman... Don't you mean Iraq and 9/11? If you do that statement is still rubbish. I stated back then and still do to this day that Bush had clearly stated that 9/11 had no fingerprints of Saddam...

Then finally Your answer:

there is no clear link other than a few intermediaries talking to one another. Anyone who knows the difference between sunnis and shiites, batthists and wahabbists (Oh...I forgot damo..that doesn't include you, does it?) knows that the stated purpose of Al Qaeda was the eventual destruction of arab and muslim secular states.

Does this make sense to you:

Saddam: "Here you go, Osama. I know that your stated purpose is to destroy my government and all other non-theocratic islamic governments, but I know you also don't like America and neither do I...so why don't you take [these nasty weapons of mass destruction][this money][the use of these training facilities] as long as you promise - scout's honor - to only use them on America and not on ME"

You are once again confusing Iraq and Al Qaeda. Your original statement said you were right when there was NO LINK BETWEEN AL QAEDA AND 9/11... I am pretty sure you meant Iraq and 9/11 and during that time (myself the republican) pointed out consistenly on p.com that Iraq had not been accused of being part of 9/11... So the "All the Republicans laughed" is total rubbish...

Also during that time I spent many an hour arguing with other Rs about Declared War....

and how about if I said, "and nearly all the republicans laughed"?
At the statement that "Al Qaeda had nothing to do with 9/11"? I'd be embarrassed if any of them didn't... Al Qaeda was the group that perpetrated the deed.

the only difference being your inability to support your position.....

maine, what is so hard to understand about my position? is it that I don't see this particular post the way you do, is it that I tend to look at things from my own view instead of declaring a position in cement, is it that I can understand when there is no longer a debate, and then have fun with it, or is it that I supported my postion on this thread but you would prefer to turn it into something else?

Suggestion: change your username to The Rhetorical Oracle, that would be awesome!:cof1:

At the statement that "Al Qaeda had nothing to do with 9/11"? I'd be embarrassed if any of them didn't... Al Qaeda was the group that perpetrated the deed.

my statement which you misconstrued from the git go was that I asked (in regards to the impending invasion of Iraq) "and and what if there IS no link TO Al Qaeda and 9/11"

are you really suggesting that the meaning of that sentence is still not clear to you???

my statement which you misconstrued from the git go was that I asked (in regards to the impending invasion of Iraq) "and and what if there IS no link TO Al Qaeda and 9/11"

are you really suggesting that the meaning of that sentence is still not clear to you???
That there is no link to Al Qaeda and 9/11 as you stated that you became the owner of 100% accuracy in your prognostication....

Are you missing the fact that Al Qaeda was the Group that perpetrated 9/11?

That there is no link to Al Qaeda and 9/11 as you stated that you became the owner of 100% accuracy in your prognostication....

Are you missing the fact that Al Qaeda was the Group that perpetrated 9/11?

of course not... my point was that the implied (continually) connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda and 9/11 was made by our pResident over and over and over and over again in the months leading up to the vote...and my prognostication was that there was no link

Right, which was my next statement. That I was sure that you meant Iraq and 9/11 not Al Qaeda...

;)

Right, which was my next statement. That I was sure that you meant Iraq and 9/11 not Al Qaeda...

;)

no...I meant exactly what I said...which was all in context of Iraq.... I SAID WHAT IF THERE IS NO CONNECTION TO AL QAEDA AND 9/11. NOT BETWEEN AL QAEDA AND 9/11.

but we both know what the other is saying - I think... and I was 100% correct and many many republicans (not YOU) laughed like I was a complete idiot for saying even ONE of those "what if's" and those that laughed are laughing whilst standing knee deep in a barrel of wet shit, because I was right on all of them

and...oddly enough...not one of those democratic quotes says that Saddam has any weapons of mass destruction.... as opposed to the likes of Bush, Rummy and Cheney who not only said that he most certainly HAD weapons of mass destruction, but, that they knew right where they were.

People who claim they cannot discern the difference between those two classes of statements pretty much brand themselves as thick, obtuse morons.

That would be YOU, write... but we already knew that. lol

Darn...you must have conviently missed the Al Gore quote....

Darn...you must have conviently missed the Al Gore quote....

LOL, sure it's a convenience but it's also under highly different circumstances. These fine updsatnding political figures are immune to such acts of war, and agression.......they leave it for someone with backbone to do it, and then they can turn around and claim the world is all wrong because of them....:cool:

No need to be speechless krisy, I mean most here can admit to not being partisan in their views!

Isn't that so:
cypress
Darla
Desh
Care4all
Watermark
LadyT
Poprikash
and the many other..........:cof1:

watermark isn't that bad evil, i'll give him my vouch..

watermark isn't that bad evil, i'll give him my vouch..

LOL Grind, I don't think of any of them as bad, well maybe cypress because he is just a whimp as he likes to add one to his ignore list but then quickly jump offline and view what the ignored one has posted. The rest are all good people I'm sure with the opinions they are entitles to, I jsut like to hear those opinions to keep an issues on course of discussion. I only pointed out watermark because he failed to ask a question for a period of time, he since has and this tells me he is a respectable person. So no, none are bad as far as I am concerned but they are a whole lot of fun to irritate! :D

Back