Republican to the end...

How else should I interpret it?

Well, if you weren't so self absorbed you may have realised that the "dead people are stupid" comment was in reference to the several posts before yours citing stupid dead people who had blindly left money to political parties.

If i was simply referring to that ghastly gravestone i may well have quoted your post in order to indicate that.

Well, if you weren't so self absorbed you may have realised that the "dead people are stupid" comment was in reference to the several posts before yours citing stupid dead people who had blindly left money to political parties.

If i was simply referring to that ghastly gravestone i may well have quoted your post in order to indicate that.

Maybe you could interpret this as

"I hate Republicans and love Democrats because i'm a big communist who wants to kill your children"?

Wow talk about self-absorbed:

• Post 1: "donations"
  • Post 3: "memorials"
  • Post 5: "contributions"
  • Post 6: "dying protest"

Nothing about 'blindly leaving money'.

Wow talk about self-absorbed:

• Post 1: "donations"
  • Post 3: "memorials"
  • Post 5: "contributions"
  • Post 6: "dying protest"

Nothing about 'blindly leaving money'.

Oh i do apologise.

I should have said dead people's families are stupid. :D

The chap with the ghastly gravestone is just stupid for having such a ghastly gravestone.

In defense of the gravestone, no one alive today can deny the accuracy of what it stated in 1890. I'm sure contemporary Dems will object to it being restated to reflect the history of the last 120 years as well, but the Dem Party from 1828-1890 was basically the root of all political evil in the US, with only trace amounts of hyperbole in that statement.

In defense of the gravestone, no one alive today can deny the accuracy of what it stated in 1890. I'm sure contemporary Dems will object to it being restated to reflect the history of the last 120 years as well, but the Dem Party from 1828-1890 was basically the root of all political evil in the US, with only trace amounts of hyperbole in that statement.

It could have had the most beautiful Shakespearean sonnet on it and it would still be frightfully ghastly.

Grigsby1.jpg

Perhaps the only thing worse to have as a gravestone is that abysmal monstrosity with some sort of crudely carved scroll on it. Who i really feel sorry for is Mr T's Great granddad, cursed to spend eternity in the same vicinity as those anti-aesthetic carbuncles.

I think on my gravestone, I will have some numbers engraved which will be purported to reveal the winning digits for a specific future Lottery. Of course, that will mean one day having my grave horribly vandalized, but it could be worth it. :cool1:

I think on my gravestone, I will have some numbers engraved which will be purported to reveal the winning digits for a specific future Lottery. Of course, that will mean one day having my grave horribly vandalized, but it could be worth it. :cool1:

Seriously, i don't understand the attraction of burial, more so if you're still alive but even in death it holds few attractions. It costs a bloody fortune for the plot, the headstone and all that bidness, then in 30 or 40 years time you face the prospect of exhumation in order to facilitate a new housing development.

Even if you manage to stay subterranean for any great period of time no bugger is going to remember who the hell you were anyway (unless you become someone memorable like a President or a mass murderer or both).

I'm all about the burning. If someone wants you, you can sit in a pot on the coffee table until you're knocked over by a butterfingered child and take that long looked forward to journey up the vacuum cleaner.

I'm definitely into the cremation thing for those same reasons. I've had to route roads around family grave sites that are nothing more than a rectangle on a lot. "The present belongs to the living."

I've got Mum's ashes pushing flowers up in the mountains, and mine are going to fertilize the grass at the steepest part of the steepest ski run in North Carolina. My wife and son know the exact spot, and its already somewhat of a legend here. Some of the team kids spread fake blood there once in a while just to freak folks out.

Or Utah.

I'm definitely into the cremation thing for those same reasons. I've had to route roads around family grave sites that are nothing more than a rectangle on a lot. "The present belongs to the living."

I've got Mum's ashes pushing flowers up in the mountains, and mine are going to fertilize the grass at the steepest part of the steepest ski run in North Carolina. My wife and son know the exact spot, and its already somewhat of a legend here. Some of the team kids spread fake blood there once in a while just to freak folks out.

Or Utah.

You see, Brits even die better than Americans....

When do you think they are going to start working on their teeth, fer chrissakes?

:palm::palm::palm::palm:

Back