Republicans Pivot

i don't know. I knew lots of righteous men and woman in college.. maybe righteous is not the right word.. just that piss and vinegar running thou your veins when your young. protest and question everything. Standing up for causes.. etc.

Most of us lose it around late 20's early 30's after first divorce, or job humbling experience.. or in my case.. KID.

What they are saying is she never grew out of it. I didnt get gist that it was a gender thing.
They aren't "righteous" they are "self-righteous" dismissing all other's views they are a group of floccinaucinihilipilificators/rixes. From what I've seen she isn't one of them, however the guy tried to make her one.

I couldn't read more than 3 paragraphs and I was bored. It took a lot of focus just to get through one. Who cares about lapel pins?

Or possibly Pakistan falling apart.

I figure he will try and play up the Raul Castro angle too.

Oh yeah! In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if old Raul ends up being the new “next Hitler” and the biggest threat to mankind we face today. He better be careful that Raul!

Well, at least this hasn't made the straight news pages of the mainstream newspapers. Oh, wait. What's this:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Barack Obama's refusal to wear an American flag lapel pin along with a photo of him not putting his hand over his heart during the National Anthem led conservatives on Internet and in the media to question his patriotism.

Now Obama's wife, Michelle, has drawn their ire, too, for saying recently that she's really proud of her country for the first time in her adult life.

Ah, yes, the "conservatives on the internet." Gotta love it when those folks get their fevered imaginings some syndicated wire coverage. Thanks Associated Press! By the way, what do the looniest bat-shit crazy right-wing fuckwads think of all of this:

"The reason it hasn't been an issue so far is that we're still in the microcosm of the Democratic primary," said Republican consultant Roger Stone. "Many Americans will find the three things offensive. Barack Obama is out of the McGovern wing of the party, and he is part of the blame America first crowd."

Roger Stone, thanks for that tid bit. By the way, make any harassing calls to any candidate's elderly parents lately? How's C.U.N.T., the anti-Hillary 527 working out for you?

The AP gets double thanks for getting a Roger Stone quote.

Your liberal media in action folks: Taking the paranoid delusions of the right-wing fever swamp to local papers across the country. Great work guys! Extra kudos to you Nedra Pickler!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080223/D8V053E00.html

I clicked on this believing it was Krugman, because every monday I go to the NY times website, click on the first editorial, and that's Krugman. Halfway down I was thinking, well, I guess I won't be sleeping with Paul Krugman. Then another paragraph down, and I was like wtf? And I scrolled down and saw "Paul krugman is on vacation today" with a huge feeling of relief. I mean, I know Krugman is not a big Obama fan, but really.

anyway, this is the neocon pig William "Let's send your kids to die" Kristol. And this is how they're going to come at Obama. Through his wife. Kristol is plugged in, believe it. This is a small taste of what's to come.

To me, Michelle Obama is the best thing Barack has got going for him. I really like that woman. I think she is fantastic. She's in for an ugly ride...

It’s All About Him
By WILLIAM KRISTOL
Last October, a reporter asked Barack Obama why he had stopped wearing the American flag lapel pin that he, like many other public officials, had been sporting since soon after Sept. 11. Obama could have responded that his new-found fashion minimalism was no big deal. What matters, obviously, is what you believe and do, not what you wear.

But Obama chose to present his flag-pin removal as a principled gesture. “You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we’re talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won’t wear that pin on my chest.”

Leave aside the claim that “speaking out on issues” constitutes true patriotism. What’s striking is that Obama couldn’t resist a grandiose explanation. Obama’s unnecessary and imprudent statement impugns the sincerity or intelligence of those vulgar sorts who still choose to wear a flag pin. But moral vanity prevailed. He wanted to explain that he was too good — too patriotic! — to wear a flag pin on his chest.

Fast forward to last Monday in Wisconsin. Michelle Obama, in the course of a stump speech, remarked, “For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change.”

Michelle Obama’s adult life goes back to the mid-1980s. Can it really be the case that nothing the U.S. achieved since then has made her proud? Apparently. For, as she said later in the same appearance: “Life for regular folks has gotten worse over the course of my lifetime, through Republican and Democratic administrations. It hasn’t gotten much better.”

Now in almost every empirical respect, American lives have in fact gotten better over the last quarter-century. And most Americans — and most Democrats — don’t think those years were one vast wasteland. So Barack Obama hastened to clarify his wife’s remarks. “What she meant was, this is the first time that she’s been proud of the politics of America,” he said, “because she’s pretty cynical about the political process, and with good reason, and she’s not alone.” Later in the week, Michelle Obama further explained, “What I was clearly talking about was that I’m proud of how Americans are engaging in the political process.”

But that clearly isn’t what she was talking about. For as she had argued in the Wisconsin speech, America’s illness goes far beyond a flawed political process: “Barack knows that at some level there’s a hole in our souls.” This was a variation of language she had used earlier on the campaign trail: “Barack Obama is the only person in this race who understands that, that before we can work on the problems, we have to fix our souls. Our souls are broken in this nation.”

But they can be repaired. Indeed, she had said a couple of weeks before, in Los Angeles: “Barack Obama ... is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.”

So we don’t have to work to improve our souls. Our broken souls can be fixed — by our voting for Barack Obama. We don’t have to fight or sacrifice to help our country. Our uninvolved and uninformed lives can be changed — by our choosing Barack Obama. America can become a nation to be proud of — by letting ourselves be led by Barack Obama.

John Kennedy, to whom Obama is sometimes compared, challenged the American people to acts of citizenship and patriotism. Barack Obama allows us to feel better about ourselves.

Obama likes to say, “we are the change that we seek” and “we are the ones we’ve been waiting for.” Obama’s rhetorical skill makes his candidacy appear almost collective rather than individual. That’s a democratic courtesy on his part, and one flattering to his followers. But the effectual truth of what Obama is saying is that he is the one we’ve been waiting for.

Barack Obama is an awfully talented politician. But could the American people, by November, decide that for all his impressive qualities, Obama tends too much toward the preening self-regard of Bill Clinton, the patronizing elitism of Al Gore and the haughty liberalism of John Kerry?

It’s fitting that the alternative to Obama will be John McCain. He makes no grand claim to fix our souls. He doesn’t think he’s the one everyone has been waiting for. He’s more proud of his country than of himself. And his patriotism has consisted of deeds more challenging than “speaking out on issues.”

Paul Krugman is off today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/25/opinion/25kristol.html?hp=&pagewanted=print

Dumbass Darla, Paul Krugman is awesome commentator...

Just because your blinded by supporting your race motives doesnt disqualify others from calling out everybody for their faults...This aint idol worship.

Paul Krugman is a brilliant liberal economist, better than 99% of all writers in the newspapers...

And unlike you, he doesnt vote or write based on race.

CK

Dumbass Darla, Paul Krugman is awesome commentator...

Just because your blinded by supporting your race motives doesnt disqualify others from calling out everybody for their faults...This aint idol worship.

Paul Krugman is a brilliant liberal economist, better than 99% of all writers in the newspapers...

And unlike you, he doesnt vote or write based on race.

CK

No seriously, and this guy is calling me a dumbass can you imagine?

Well, at least this hasn't made the straight news pages of the mainstream newspapers. Oh, wait. What's this:

Ah, yes, the "conservatives on the internet." Gotta love it when those folks get their fevered imaginings some syndicated wire coverage. Thanks Associated Press! By the way, what do the looniest bat-shit crazy right-wing fuckwads think of all of this:

Roger Stone, thanks for that tid bit. By the way, make any harassing calls to any candidate's elderly parents lately? How's C.U.N.T., the anti-Hillary 527 working out for you?

The AP gets double thanks for getting a Roger Stone quote.

Your liberal media in action folks: Taking the paranoid delusions of the right-wing fever swamp to local papers across the country. Great work guys! Extra kudos to you Nedra Pickler!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080223/D8V053E00.html

Shit, this is not a good sign. I can’t believe the AP went with this shit.

Darla, unlike some people I dont vote based on racial allegiance or gender identity...

Your supposed to be voting for the best person on the job, and the fact that you bash Paul Krugman shows that your one of those Lieberman Democrats...

So go and gladhand with your fellow Lieberman Democrats...But dont come whining for help when Bush beats you over the head with his conservative judges....

Liberals learn to stand up to Bush, Democrats like Darla learn how to be Bush's bitch...

CK

":Your supposed to be voting for the best person on the job, and the fact that you bash Paul Krugman shows that your one of those Lieberman Democrats..."

Where is she bashing Krugman?

They're getting married, you know...

Darla, unlike some people I dont vote based on racial allegiance or gender identity...

Your supposed to be voting for the best person on the job, and the fact that you bash Paul Krugman shows that your one of those Lieberman Democrats...

So go and gladhand with your fellow Lieberman Democrats...But dont come whining for help when Bush beats you over the head with his conservative judges....

Liberals learn to stand up to Bush, Democrats like Darla learn how to be Bush's bitch...

CK

CK - They're called LiberDems, not "Lieberman Democrats." You ignorant slut.

He's a worldclass troll and one of the few people on forums who I genuinely hate.

In light of recent craziness involving forums and death threats, I am going to choose my words about CK carefully here:

If I were in a country other than the US that had no laws against murder, I would torture that little bitch to death in front of his mother until she cried.

Then another paragraph down, and I was like wtf? And I scrolled down and saw "Paul krugman is on vacation today" with a huge feeling of relief. I mean, I know Krugman is not a big Obama fan, but really.

Onceler learn to read...

CK

He's a worldclass troll and one of the few people on forums who I genuinely hate.

In light of recent craziness involving forums and death threats, I am going to choose my words about CK carefully here:

If I were in a country other than the US that had no laws against murder, I would torture that little bitch to death in front of his mother until she cried.

LMAO Epicurus get real buddy your a keyboard warrior...

You probably cant even afford the plane ticket to come to Canada...

CK

Back