Republicans vs. Democrats

So we're back to either you agree with my agenda or your 'against the American people'?

Sort of like Bush's your with us or against us Democrats are so fond of?

When people are dying because of the greed of the Insurance Companies it is a matter of "You're with us or against us."

yeah, not a lot you can say to a response like that.

I am not trying to be harsh, but Health care is a right and should never be sold off to the highest bidder. I have nothing against people being rich, but there are some things on which huge amounts of money should not be made. We outlawed slavery because of this belief and we must have signal payer (Medicare for all) for the same reason.

I am not trying to be harsh, but Health care is a right and should never be sold off to the highest bidder. I have nothing against people being rich, but there are some things on which huge amounts of money should not be made. We outlawed slavery because of this belief and we must have signal payer (Medicare for all) for the same reason.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion and I would never try to deny you that. I disagree with your opinion here and feel the policy you wish for would in fact have a negative effect on the people you say you care about.

As I said before you don't need a single Republican to pass what you want. What is holding back your fellow Democrats?

obviously the founders didn't believe this....

You are 100% entitled to your opinion and I would never try to deny you that. I disagree with your opinion here and feel the policy you wish for would in fact have a negative effect on the people you say you care about.

As I said before you don't need a single Republican to pass what you want. What is holding back your fellow Democrats?

See the thread "Greed is not good."

obviously the founders didn't believe this....

Oh but they did, this video begins by laying out just how the Constitution held that principle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlCCmxofPO4"]YouTube- Health care Truth[/ame]

please point out where in the constitution it says that or other other papers from the founders....

something other than that video

Exactly. It's no different than when Obama was first elected and said he'd listen to the Republicans but didn't want to hear the same old, tired, worn out ideas.

The Republicans are doing anything they can to stop changes to the medical services/insurance plans. It's a disgrace for the richest nation on the face of the earth.

The Republicans know that once the medical ball gets rolling things will never change back as the ball is rolling towards a universal plan. Every single country that implemented a universal plan never reverted to their old "pay or suffer" system. Not one country.

Once the people experience what the citizens of other countries have enjoyed the medical scam will be over and people will remember the dinosaurs, the greedy, the rip-off artists who fought against it just like the other Republicans who fought against every other social improvement in the past.

Once people taste medical reform those opposed to further reforms will be looked upon with scorn. That's the fear that drives the Republicans.

you don't need the Republicans. Democrats have all the votes they need within their party. What is wrong with the Democrats?

Originally Posted by DeMartMan

Why would anyone feel universal medical would have a negative effect when every single country that has universal medical started out with a system similar to the current "pay or suffer" system and have never switched back?

Not one country. English, French, Italians, Germans, Australians, Canadians....the list goes on and on. If a universal plan, any universal plan, had a negative effect surely one country would have switched back.

While politicians in every country with a universal plan gripe about it not one politician has seriously campaigned on dismantling such a plan.

It's difficult to comprehend why anyone would be opposed to a universal plan when the evidence shows every country which initiated one has kept it.

you don't need the Republicans. Democrats have all the votes they need within their party. What is wrong with the Democrats?

As I said in the thread "Greed is Not Good" the same thing that is wrong with Republicans. If it were not for the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party this problem would not be fixed.

Why would anyone feel universal medical would have a negative effect when every single country that has universal medical started out with a system similar to the current "pay or suffer" system and have never switched back?

Not one country. English, French, Italians, Germans, Australians, Canadians....the list goes on and on. If a universal plan, any universal plan, had a negative effect surely one country would have switched back.

While politicians in every country with a universal plan gripe about it not one politician has seriously campaigned on dismantling such a plan.

It's difficult to comprehend why anyone would be opposed to a universal plan when the evidence shows every country which initiated one has kept it.

The short answer is once something like that gets implemented it is almost impossible to reverse.

Unfortunately, the Democratic Party has a few greedy folks. One never knows who may be swayed by a few dollars just before a vote.

On that we agree and thank God it will happen!

That's why Pelosi will say or do anything right now to get it passed. She doesn't care about the cost or even how good it is. She just wants it to happen. Once it's in place people in the future can attempt how to fix it and pay for it.

So I for one am glad people are putting up a huge fight over letting this happen.

Last edited:
Back