Researchers still flummoxed by conciousness

I already know the cause of consciousness and the big bang

I never suggested we give up. God gave us the desire to explore and learn more about him but it's.moved people away from him by their own choosing. People have supplanted wisdom with knowledge.

jjjjjt7i67

I already know the cause of consciousness and the big bang

I never suggested we give up. God gave us the desire to explore and learn more about him but it's.moved people away from him by their own choosing. People have supplanted wisdom with knowledge.

You have a belief about conciousness and the Big Bang. I wouldn't call it true universal knowledge.

I personally don't have a problem with anyone believing there is a divine or metaphysical explanation underlying the universe.

What I am interested in are mechanistic or deterministic scientific explanations, assuming they are possible.

They bet a case of wine! Makes sense, I didn't think reputable scientists would wager cold, hard cash.

It is a fascinating subject, and one that is presicely at the very frontiers of science and philosophy!

No science or philosophy to see here...move along...move along...

I am not convinced we will ever really understand conciousness, abiogenesis, or the origin and cause of the Big Bang

But just giving up trying to aquire that knowledge is contrary to the project of science.

Science is not religion. It is not a project either.

You have a belief about conciousness and the Big Bang. I wouldn't call it true universal knowledge.
There is no 'true universal knowledge' except by God.
I personally don't have a problem with anyone believing there is a divine or metaphysical explanation underlying the universe.
Yes you do. Don't lie.
What I am interested in are mechanistic or deterministic scientific explanations, assuming they are possible.
Considering that brain activity can be described in a purely biological (and chemical) sense, it's already happened.

Yes you do. Don't lie.

Considering that brain activity can be described in a purely biological (and chemical) sense, it's already happened.

Bulverism 41
Argument from ignorance fallacy

The Theory of the Big Bang is just a nonscientific theory
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:
There is no such thing as an accelerating reference frame!!
There is no such thing as an 'accelerating frame of reference'.

Yes you do. Don't lie.

Bulverism 51
Argument from ignorance fallacy

The Theory of the Big Bang is just a nonscientific theory
There is no such thing as an accelerating reference frame!!
There is no such thing as an 'accelerating frame of reference'.

Why is it a mystery? We have been endowed with all the elements,that when functioning, result in consciousness. Its a result of how humans are designed. We are designed to have consciousness.

Do we actually "have" consciousness, meaning our brain functionality creates it, or does consciousness just exist and our neurological functionality gives us the window to view it?

Back